Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

mlabella

May 9, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-04-2017
same with me KandyK! checked mycic and it says they have sent a medical request but there are no messages or anything anywhere. like wow, everytime they update their system it seems that more glitches happen.
Hi. Same problem... Today I saw in my cic account:
- Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
but no messages or anything else... And I call to made a appointment to my medical exam... So now, I am not sure if I can do it... I have the appoinment to 9 june.... So tomorrow I will call to CIC again.
The same problem was with my police certificate and schedule A, no message... I sent a tecnhical request but nothing happended... so the last wednesday I send it by web form, and the next day I received a message that the documents was send to my application and today said that have been uploaded.... So....

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Have they called in both of you for the interview together or just the PA?
My hubby is the only one that was called in, but the letter said:

"please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity."

And it's likely that they will ask me to sign up to supporting him for 3 years no matter what, which is part of the sponsorship agreement.

These are the documents he's been asked to bring with him:

1. A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity.

 2. Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada.

 3. Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC

 4. Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee

I believe that this will be a quick 5-10 minute thing, confirming identities and exchanging signatures plus documents, not an actual interview.

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
So happy to see this thread... I have been living in Quebec, Canada since December, 2015. My visitor record is good until March 30th, 2018. My common law girlfriend and I applied for spousal sponsorship (which they recieved on Febuary 6th) got our request letter on Febuary 21st. sent in background, Schedule A and, paid for and sent Quebec CSQ. Recieved our Undertaking and my CSQ on April 12th. Only thing left i suppose to do is the medical? But then again who knows. Now we are just playing the waiting game. I am super happy but since i applied for a open work permit I want to work so badly and it kills me i can`t to help support my partner and two kids. It actually makes me angry seeing people get an OWP before me but I am so happy for them at the same time knowing what all of us go through. I am beyond greatful Canada doesn`t treat my partner and I differently as we have a 16 year age difference but we made concrete evidence as i`m only from the United States but we`ve known each other for years. If anyone has any cope skills please feel free to help me out hahahaha. I`m so blessed to be here but the process takes so very long. Sorry for writing a novel had to vent like everyone else here. I wish everybody the best of luck as it is so stressful (so very stressful) and cost a lot of money specially if you live in Quebec like me.
My hubby got a work permit within 4 months of his submission... when did you apply Gennaro? Chances are you'll receive something in the mail really soon, so hang in there!!

It is very easy to get discouraged during the process because of how long it takes, even between statuses, BUT it's well worth it in the end. Prior to 2017, inland apps took 2+ years... I can't even begin to imagine what they did to stay sane! My hubby suggests using all possible distractions including Netflix and exercise to keep yourself occupied until the OWP comes, but also keep yourself sharp so that when it does come, finding work will be easier.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi. Same problem... Today I saw in my cic account:
- Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
but no messages or anything else... And I call to made a appointment to my medical exam... So now, I am not sure if I can do it... I have the appoinment to 9 june.... So tomorrow I will call to CIC again.
The same problem was with my police certificate and schedule A, no message... I sent a tecnhical request but nothing happended... so the last wednesday I send it by web form, and the next day I received a message that the documents was send to my application and today said that have been uploaded.... So....
honestly, it's a government website but it has a lot of glitches. they ask you to link for "faster" processing but you can't even upload anything on there. it's disappointing. anytime you use the ircc webform, they reply after 10 business days, sometimes even more! very unprofessional. they take us for granted because we need their decision. they don't even care about customer service. i can rant forever but i know there's nothing i can do about it. it's just frustrating sometimes. the logic in me tells me my application will take some time so i just chill, check regularly just incase, but when these updates appear and they end up a glitch? it's an emotional rollercoaster.:confused:

on a side note, they take such meticulous and lengthy process of "reviewing our background" and then you just find these kinds of news http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/immigration-fraud-china-canada-1.3826942o_O makes you wonder what do they do the entire time?

anyway, did you have your owp already mlabella? dmps might allow upfront medicals as long as you already have an owp. that's what i did. or you can try asking for an upfront medical and indicate it's for an owp application, although i'm not sure if they will allow it.

Last edited:

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi Everyone
I applied on May 24,2017 and file was received on May 25. Does anyone know what date cic is working on?
Thank you
welcome kjanzen! last time i heard, they were working on applications submitted before december 2016. check out the spousal inland 2016 thread as well.

Last edited:

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
welcome kjanzen! last time i heard, they were working on applications submitted before december 2016. check out the spousal inland 2016 thread as well.
I want to know regarding AOR. What date they are working on to send AOR. Thank you for replying.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I want to know regarding AOR. What date they are working on to send AOR. Thank you for replying.
on average you should wait until about 4 weeks although it could be more than that. some have even received aor within a week.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
My hubby is the only one that was called in, but the letter said:

"please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity."

And it's likely that they will ask me to sign up to supporting him for 3 years no matter what, which is part of the sponsorship agreement.

These are the documents he's been asked to bring with him:

1. A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity.

 2. Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada.

 3. Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC

 4. Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee

I believe that this will be a quick 5-10 minute thing, confirming identities and exchanging signatures plus documents, not an actual interview.
Congratulations, this is the landing interview. Indeed, it's not an "interview" to test whether you were truthful or not, it's 3-4 simple questions and you are done in 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: NinaM and KandyK

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi Everyone
I applied on May 24,2017 and file was received on May 25. Does anyone know what date cic is working on?
Thank you
Automated machines couple days ago said they were working on files received before April 21, 2016.

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Congratulations, this is the landing interview. Indeed, it's not an "interview" to test whether you were truthful or not, it's 3-4 simple questions and you are done in 5-10 minutes.
Thanks sylvain1, for confirming that!

Very much appreciate the support shown on this forum from all.

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
My hubby got a work permit within 4 months of his submission... when did you apply Gennaro? Chances are you'll receive something in the mail really soon, so hang in there!!

It is very easy to get discouraged during the process because of how long it takes, even between statuses, BUT it's well worth it in the end. Prior to 2017, inland apps took 2+ years... I can't even begin to imagine what they did to stay sane! My hubby suggests using all possible distractions including Netflix and exercise to keep yourself occupied until the OWP comes, but also keep yourself sharp so that when it does come, finding work will be easier.
Yes very much so worth it in the end I agree. Does the work permit just come in the mail??? It is something I tried so hard to study (this whole process) but I've never seen this forum thread and I'm happy and will post my process like everone else is doing. So yeah sorry to bother but does it really just come in the mail like that?

Gennaro2805

Jun 6, 2017
Yes very much so worth it in the end I agree. Does the work permit just come in the mail??? It is something I tried so hard to study (this whole process) but I've never seen this forum thread and I'm happy and will post my process like everone else is doing. So yeah sorry to bother but does it really just come in the mail like that?

Sorry nina didn't notice like I said ib my first post we applied febuary 6th they recieved it and febuary 21st they sent request for other things (shedule A, fbi check, and Quebec undertaking plus CSQ) which I sent all before deadlines.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
is it normal that there were no messages showing as what they are requesting.

Reactions: abcdmud