+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
if you have a representative, you cannot link your application unless you will cancel your rep. correspondence goes to your rep first and then it's your rep that informs you. this is one of the disadvantages of having a rep because they act as a middle man.
That's quite right, itsats. I have a representative and she gets the updates on my behalf, but I still follow status on eCAS - either me or my spouse can login in using the application number, last name, date of birth, place of birth. It's not a lot of detail, but still lets me know about status changes.

Reactions: itsats

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
OMG OMG OMG, the eCAS portal says "Decision Made" (whereas just last week I had receives the Sponsorship Approval) - now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting from the representative to tell me what exactly that means, whether she received further status updates from the portal.

It looks like we may have skipped AIP altogether, if that's even possible. Or is that a bad thing?! <chews on fingernails>

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
OMG OMG OMG, the eCAS portal says "Decision Made" (whereas just last week I had receives the Sponsorship Approval) - now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting from the representative to tell me what exactly that means, whether she received further status updates from the portal.

It looks like we may have skipped AIP altogether, if that's even possible. Or is that a bad thing?! <chews on fingernails>
Hi Nina what is your application timeline. Congrats to you.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hello,

I have applied my first package on March 17 and they are returned due to insufficient document. I have resubmitted whole documents and IRCC received them on April 20. However, I still haven't heard anything yet and I don't have application number. No e-mail no record on online account. Now I'm a bit worried since many of people here are receiving AOR already. Should I contact them to confirm if they are still in process or just be patient?

Appreciate any advise!
Thank you,
What did they say was missing the first time? I would call them this time but some people did get their first email 6-8 weeks later you may just have slow officer

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

This link was shared with me from the 2016 Inland Spousal Sponsorship. I have been lurking around for months now reading everything that everyone post. I am happy to say that all information here has been very helpful to me.

I filed for spousal sponsorship in April 2017, CIC requested that I submit my police clearance from both my home country and Canada along with a completed Schedule A form which I sent two days later.

My questions are when will I hear back from CIC and what's my next step?

Please help, its driving me nuts not hear from them.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi everyone,

This link was shared with me from the 2016 Inland Spousal Sponsorship. I have been lurking around for months now reading everything that everyone post. I am happy to say that all information here has been very helpful to me.

I filed for spousal sponsorship in April 2017, CIC requested that I submit my police clearance from both my home country and Canada along with a completed Schedule A form which I sent two days later.

My questions are when will I hear back from CIC and what's my next step?

Please help, its driving me nuts not hear from them.
I am a March 2017 applicant. Last thing i did also was send in my Schedule A in April. Since then i haven't heard from them. My background check started April 27. And it is still in process. I called them this morning.

They told me i need to be patient. There are times they will not contact me for long periods of time until they require more info or they are ready for the next steps. So i would suggest you wait just like me until they contact you. If you find a long time has passed then you can always give them a call to see whats going on.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
T
I am a March 2017 applicant. Last thing i did also was send in my Schedule A in April. Since then i haven't heard from them. My background check started April 27. And it is still in process. I called them this morning.

They told me i need to be patient. There are times they will not contact me for long periods of time until they require more info or they are ready for the next steps. So i would suggest you wait just like me until they contact you. If you find a long time has passed then you can always give them a call to see whats going on.

Thank you :) This is so nerve wrecking!

Reactions: KandyK

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
Hello Everyone,

I have followed this forum throughout my PR application. And it's been very helpful!:)
I am back to this forum because I am planning to sponser my spouse in canada. He has post graduation open work permit and works here.

Now my confusion is that once I sponser my spouse, will I be able to sponser my parents in 2 years from now? Or do I have to wait for 3 years until my sponsership agreement ends? (My husband is financially independant so hopefully we won't use social assistant ever.)

Also what is the processing time currently? I know its within 12 months but I heard people are getting PR within 6-7 months. Is that true?

I will appreciate help! Thanks in advance!!:)
Good luck to all who have applied !!:)

Edwin&Sakiko

May 17, 2017
What did they say was missing the first time? I would call them this time but some people did get their first email 6-8 weeks later you may just have slow officer
Thank you for your reply! One of my husband's required document , most recent Notice of assessment from CRA was not issued at that time and we submitted 2015 version which was rejected. I will try to call them on Wednesday.. hopefully everything is ok..

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018

Lurking around the 2016 thread, it seems for some inland, an SA result seems to bypass the AIP step and goes straight to a DM. They would most likely ask you for clarification if there is anything needed.

Congratulations!

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi Nina what is your application timeline. Congrats to you.
Hi bajanqueen,

Submitted Dec 8th, 2016
AOR1 Dec 23rd, 2016
OPW March 27th, 2017
SA June 1st
AIP (or is it DM?) June 5th

(I have to figure out how to get this info into my banner)

Keeping fingers crossed for a speedy, positive conclusion!

Reactions: bajanqueen

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Lurking around the 2016 thread, it seems for some inland, an SA result seems to bypass the AIP step and goes straight to a DM. They would most likely ask you for clarification if there is anything needed.

Congratulations!
Thanks Jiro!
When I asked my representative, she didn't seem to know for sure whether we were at AIP or DM, so maybe the new process that speeds things up has a bit of an overlap between the two statuses. Now praying for a PR letter to come soon to carry the momentum!

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Nina, did you apply using the new application package or the old one? Looks like your AOR to DM is about 6 months! Thats fantastic if its under the new system that they are turning around so quickly!