+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
UPDATE: Received a call today from a private number, was an IRCC agent, he first confirmed my name and my sponsor's date of birth, and then said he was calling to verify some information. I had listed 2 countries in my travel history quite often so he wanted to make sure those trips added up to less than 6 months (since I turned 18), since I hadn't provided PCCs for those countries. I confirmed that the total visits were less than 6 months and I asked him about the status of my app, he just said he was making sure the file and documents are complete before sending it to the processing agent/another office (I'm guessing local IRCC office), and that if the agent has more questions they'll contact me.
Moving in the right direction I guess, glad to hear from them at least though!

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I renewed my passport after receiving the OWP too but I had no problem using the OWP with old passport number and renewed passport at the same time. You just need to get eTA for your new passport. Maybe only once out of several times, the immigration officer asked me to show him the old passport, but that was only because my last name on OWP was also different from the new passport (I changed my last name to my husband’s when I renewed my passport).
So you mean it's okay that i can work on my valid work permit. btw i dont want to travel anywhere out of canada until i receive my COPR during landing !

Reactions: sakura_hana17

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Etobicoke is the IRCC office I have to deal with. I know getting an in-person interview could take between 8-10 weeks. So to try to cut the backlog they are doing phone interviews for Etobicoke. I don't know if anyone from other provinces are seeing something similar from their big metros.
Hey, just want to say congrats again on finally being done your process! Especially that last bit, seemed annoying and painful. I'm trying to get an idea of the new phone interview process. So as far as I can tell, they send you a doc on MyCIC with details on your interview date and time and instructions right? And they send you a copy of your COPR in MyCIC which is unsigned, which you have to print and then when you have your interview, you initial/sign the printed copy, and then you mail that to them, and they stamp and sign it, and mail it back to you?
Also, for the phone interview, does the agent talk to both you and your sponsor?

Reactions: HInland

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
I'm trying to get an idea of the new phone interview process. you initial/sign the printed copy, and then you mail that to them, and they stamp and sign it, and mail it back to you? Also, for the phone interview, does the agent talk to both you and your sponsor?
good question shazahsan, I want to know that as well since I am getting ready for the interview next week. May I put the phone on speaker for example? Interviewed people please advise!

I HIGHLY recommend to mail the COPR and pictures via a courier and not Canada post.
Why you recommend using courier? Please elaborate.
Also on one of your messages you sad that the COPR has to be printed in letter size not legal. I've just printed in legal since it was the real size... Who told you to reprint in letter?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I guess this is just a new protocol. I’m also out of status but nobody ever called me about it (I applied inland on March 2017) - they probably gave you 12 months because that’s the timeline of the process. I’m sure they wouldn’t kick you out of Canada if it takes a little longer!

Maybe this is even better since they are aware of your situation - it could mean they will try to make it faster!

Keep positive! Good luck!
Thanks
I told them I applied in November 2017 . Let see what they do now I have to report them every 2 weeks:(

Reactions: futurepr

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Need Help from you guys! Yesterday I received my OWP Approval but my Passport was damaged and sent it for Re-Issue. Will it affect my OWP after my Passport No. Changed ?? o_O
i don’t think your owp is affected once it’s approved. if it’s still in the process and you renew/changed your passport then you have to update cic. but it’s already approved so i think you should be okay. just keep that old passport though.

Reactions: sakura_hana17

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Thanks
I told them I applied in November 2017 . Let see what they do now I have to report them every 2 weeks:(
It seems like it will work out ok though? My wifes and our biggest fear (who is out of status too with the PR app in progress) is a knock on the door one day and being carted off by CBSA officers...but I guess this doesnt happen unless something of a more serious matter than an overstay?....making initial contact via telephone would deem it not too a pressing matter in their eyes? Do you have to report to them via phone or go into an office?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
It seems like it will work out ok though? My wifes and our biggest fear (who is out of status too with the PR app in progress) is a knock on the door one day and being carted off by CBSA officers...but I guess this doesnt happen unless something of a more serious matter than an overstay?....making initial contact via telephone would deem it not too a pressing matter in their eyes? Do you have to report to them via phone or go into an office?
Hi I have to phone them every 2 weeks.i went to office 2 days ago they said they found I have been out of status so they issued exclusion order for a year

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hi everyone,

I have landed in Montréal today! I am a permanent resident of Canada. Thanks everyone for your help.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
good question shazahsan, I want to know that as well since I am getting ready for the interview next week. May I put the phone on speaker for example? Interviewed people please advise!

Why you recommend using courier? Please elaborate.
Also on one of your messages you sad that the COPR has to be printed in letter size not legal. I've just printed in legal since it was the real size... Who told you to reprint in letter?
Canada Post didn't move my parcel until 2 days after I sent it (After I called them), and they delivered it to me instead of CIC Etobicoke. As the Canada Post, they told me they got new labels so the To & From sections have been switched and the driver got confused. I had to reprint it because I made an error. I had to change in in 2 places to print correctly, initially I only changed the settings in 1 place. Its funny actually, my husband and I both didn't notice anything wrong until CIC told me it was printed incorrectly.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hey, just want to say congrats again on finally being done your process! Especially that last bit, seemed annoying and painful. I'm trying to get an idea of the new phone interview process. So as far as I can tell, they send you a doc on MyCIC with details on your interview date and time and instructions right? And they send you a copy of your COPR in MyCIC which is unsigned, which you have to print and then when you have your interview, you initial/sign the printed copy, and then you mail that to them, and they stamp and sign it, and mail it back to you?
Also, for the phone interview, does the agent talk to both you and your sponsor?
Yes! That is the process. They send you an unsigned one, and then you have to sign it when on the phone with them. And they talk to both.

and Thanks! I am glad to finally be over. But its not I have to take a day off and go to get my SIN, OHIP and drivers license done.