+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello,

I am a late June 2017 applicant and I'm just waiting for medical request to come, but I just had another doubt to clarify.

Even though my account says that my background check is in progress, on ECAS it only says "application received". Is this normal?
yes thats normal. i dont believe it will be updated until after the medical. only extra line i have says 'Medical results have been received.

Reactions: alexandroz

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Question, in the letter it says:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”.

How do I obtain a police certificate for Canada? And does my husband need to get one as well?

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
When was your application received?
Application was received on Dec 5.

I tried linking it before, but I always put number of people in application as 1 and I actually had to put 2.
Strange though that I never received any messages from CIC as the letter is dated January 22.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Question, in the letter it says:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”.

How do I obtain a police certificate for Canada? And does my husband need to get one as well?
You do not need a police certificate for Canada, if your husband is your sponsor then no he doesn't need a police certificate

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
You do not need a police certificate for Canada, if your husband is your sponsor then no he doesn't need a police certificate
But I have been living in Canada for longer than 6 months..... I did go home for Christmas, so technically I'm "travelling" and this is a very long vacation.

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I now get an error when I try to login to my account?? Can't seem to login anymore.

Error 403
Your login session is either invalid or has expired.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
I now get an error when I try to login to my account?? Can't seem to login anymore.

Error 403
Your login session is either invalid or has expired.
This happens a lot with CIC, sometimes I can never get it. It could be too many people on their server or they are doing some maintenance. I usually try about 10 times and then leave it and come back in an hour or 2.

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
hi everyone, i received AOR last jan 17 and linked my account on the same day, but up to now, i still get confused as why on my details tab said - "Your Action is Required". i have read from this forum that some of you uploaded sched A and police clearance but i already forwarded those before thru DHL and i didnt have any request from CIC yet to upload the said documents again. so my question now is should i leave it all like this? or should i start uploading documents even without request? cause i do not know why they say "your action is required".
Same issue here, I sent my application together with Sch A and PCC. Have your action is required status with no message for more than two month. This morning I just called IRCC call center. The agent told me all my documents are completed there is no action i need to complete,. I would say, if you submit everything and got your AOR, maybe just ignore it. Or you could actually call them to know the exactly reason.

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
July 2017 applicant here. We have been waiting in silence since September. However, one of our dependents was requested for a medical exam for her visa extension-- just her. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks.