+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Any May or June applicants still awaiting Medical Requests? Our app was received on May 31st and we've heard nothing since we uploaded the PCC and Schedule A.

Tried calling CIC but got that message saying that the agents are unavailable.

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Any May or June applicants still awaiting Medical Requests? Our app was received on May 31st and we've heard nothing since we uploaded the PCC and Schedule A.

Tried calling CIC but got that message saying that the agents are unavailable.
My application was received May 1st and still no Medical Request...

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I'm a Dec 5 2017 applicant but I am pretty sure my application is going to be returned to me.

My husband did not fill out the IMM 5406 form. I see now that on the form it says that both principal applicant and Spouse have to fill out their own copy of this but on the checklist it only says:
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
The following person(s) must fill out their own copy of this form: You (the principal applicant), any of your family members 18 years of age or older.

I guess spouse is your family but I assumed this was just children and my spouse is also my sponsor. Is it still too late to send this in by courier? Or just wait until application is returned?

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
I'm a Dec 5 2017 applicant but I am pretty sure my application is going to be returned to me.

My husband did not fill out the IMM 5406 form. I see now that on the form it says that both principal applicant and Spouse have to fill out their own copy of this but on the checklist it only says:
The following person(s) must fill out their own copy of this form: You (the principal applicant), any of your family members 18 years of age or older.

I guess spouse is your family but I assumed this was just children and my spouse is also my sponsor. Is it still too late to send this in by courier? Or just wait until application is returned?
View form IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)

Who needs to fill out this form?
This form must be filled out and signed by:

• The principal applicant,
  • All dependent children aged 18 or over (whether coming with you to Canada or not).
  • Note: if your dependent child is the principal applicant on a sponsorship application, you should complete this form on their behalf regardless of their age.

jonamyt

Oct 23, 2017

• All dependent children aged 18 or over (whether coming with you to Canada or not).
  • Note: if your dependent child is the principal applicant on a sponsorship application, you should complete this form on their behalf regardless of their age.

Hey Lemur, I believe that your husband does not need to fill out this form based on the above - and I didn't fill it (Im the sponsor for my wife)

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello,

I need an advice. My application has been returned. I just have to redo it IMM 5406. I sent it on November 29, 2017. During that time my common law partner was on visitor status which expired on December 15th, 2017. In the same time together with sponsorship application we submitted work permit application, and also extension of visitor status in Vergeville. Now that it has been returned after 2 months of waiting because of mistake on IMM 5406, should I just redo it IMM 5406 and resubmit with rest of the forms and maybe write short explanation letter of how my application was sent on November 2017 and has been returned on January 2018 or I have to fill out everything once again? Thank you!
This is what I found on the CIC website:

Note: If your application is rejected as “incomplete”, it is considered to have never been submitted and therefore you would not benefit from ‘implied status’. If you reapply after your current status has expired, you will need to apply for restoration of status. See the section Restoration of Status.

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018

Hey Lemur, I believe that your husband does not need to fill out this form based on the above - and I didn't fill it (Im the sponsor for my wife)
What a relief, thank you! I did not hear anything yet and have not seen the application returned to me by post either so fingers crossed.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
View form IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)

muy

yes,I think the sponsor does not need to fill out the form unless common law or spouse(if applicable) i believe this apply to a principal applicant who apply for pr on their own, i think best example is the live in caregivers who can apply for pr after 2 years and should include spouse and kids when they apply for their pr.

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
yes,I think the sponsor does not need to fill out the form unless common law or spouse(if applicable) i believe this apply to a principal applicant who apply for pr on their own, i think best example is the live in caregivers who can apply for pr after 2 years and should include spouse and kids when they apply for their pr.
I agree, i didnt fill out that form (i am the sponsor); only my common-law did it and we have not heard anything back. we got already AOR and PCC and SA request which we uploaded a couple of months ago.

cheers!

biff995

Jan 18, 2018
Surrey BC
Category........
FAM
So after the lady at the call centre told me to send the web form to IRCC asking about the mail I received that said I can only get my OWP after sponsor approval since I have no valid status, even though when I sent the application and when they received it I was still a visitor. Today I got an email back and this is what it said

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry regarding the decision made on your application.

Please consult the decision letter that was sent to you on January 10, 2018, in order to obtain further details.

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
Today I got my app package returned in mail due to incomplete forms. I just missed to put complete address on IMM 5406 Additional Family information Form. I forgot to put Country (Canada) in the line of present address for principal applicant. So now I have to resubmit everything only because of that.
I would advise you check your IMM 5406 for other mistakes as well, like names in native languages. I also did not put country in my present address, I assumed if it is inland application, the present address has to be in Canada, thus I put province only, and they accepted it.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi there,

I have a question, and hopefully you guys can help!

My friend and his family got PR by Skilled worker program in 2013, he had lived in Alberta until 2016, then he has moved to Montreal last year. His French is not so poor but he really needs to study French to get better, then to apply for a job in Montreal. Can he apply for CSQ? Because after that, he would like to apply for free French courses.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Hi there,

I have a question, and hopefully you guys can help!

My friend and his family got PR by Skilled worker program in 2013, he had lived in Alberta until 2016, then he has moved to Montreal last year. His French is not so poor but he really needs to study French to get better, then to apply for a job in Montreal. Can he apply for CSQ? Because after that, he would like to apply for free French courses.
The official website of immigration Québec has the requirements to apply for CSQ, I'm not sure where exactly though, since he's in the skilled worker program and I just tried through family sponsorship.