+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi all,
I have a couple of questions.
1. I have police certificates from the 2 countries where I've stayed for more than 6 months since 18. I applied early since I knew they'd take a while. Would you suggest sending them in with my application or should I wait for the request for Police Certificates and schedule A forms? Also, should I submit a copy or the original? I'm just afraid they might somehow lose them if I send it in now and ask for them again and I'd end up waiting 3-4 months to get them again

2. I'm going to submit my OWP application with the PR package, will I be on implied status because I'm waiting for my OWP or do I need to apply for an extension on my visitor visa? It will expire about 4 months after I submit the application so I might not even need an extension but I'd rather be on the safe side.

Thank you for your help everyone, this forum is super helpful!
Bumping this up! I'd appreciate some help

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Has anyone recieved AOR this week? We are October 16th applicants and are getting anxious as our 2 month mark is quickly approaching. We’ve already had our application sent back once before. TIA

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have a couple of questions.
1. I have police certificates from the 2 countries where I've stayed for more than 6 months since 18. I applied early since I knew they'd take a while. Would you suggest sending them in with my application or should I wait for the request for Police Certificates and schedule A forms? Also, should I submit a copy or the original? I'm just afraid they might somehow lose them if I send it in now and ask for them again and I'd end up waiting 3-4 months to get them again

2. I'm going to submit my OWP application with the PR package, will I be on implied status because I'm waiting for my OWP or do I need to apply for an extension on my visitor visa? It will expire about 4 months after I submit the application so I might not even need an extension but I'd rather be on the safe side.

Thank you for your help everyone, this forum is super helpful!

1. Submit them with the application (of course keep copies with you) and when you get the AOR, submit a request for copy of your application. It is same as submitting the request for GCMS notes. This will ensure that they have all the documents that you submitted.
If you submit a copy, they will/might ask for originals later. And I don't think they accept police certificates issued more than 6 months earlier (might be wrong on this part).

2. You can find your answer at the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp.
Make sure your application is submitted 30 days before your current visitor status expires.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Has anyone recieved AOR this week? We are October 16th applicants and are getting anxious as our 2 month mark is quickly approaching. We’ve already had our application sent back once before. TIA
the last update on this thread was an application received september 27th got his AOR last saturday november 25th. so i guess cic is now working on applications received last week of september and first week of october.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
1. Submit them with the application (of course keep copies with you) and when you get the AOR, submit a request for copy of your application. It is same as submitting the request for GCMS notes. This will ensure that they have all the documents that you submitted.
If you submit a copy, they will/might ask for originals later. And I don't think they accept police certificates issued more than 6 months earlier (might be wrong on this part).

2. You can find your answer at the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp.
Make sure your application is submitted 30 days before your current visitor status expires.
Thank you so much!
@1, yes it is only valid for 6 months but I'm hoping it'll be okay and I won't have to request it again as they were issued in October and I haven't lived there after it was issued.
@2 Thanks I hadn't seen that link! that's a load off my mind! :)

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I just wanted to check,
I uploaded my police certificate and schedule a and submitted them both. It still says action required though.
Is this normal?
Ive seen other people have had the same issue so im assuming it is

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Hi there,

They received my application the same time as you and still waiting for AOR as well. It's estimated to take 2 weeks so it looks like we'll get it mid-December..

Question for everyone in this forum: Will Christmas/Holiday break affect applications? Like will it push the timeline forward?

Thanks all!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

They received my application the same time as you and still waiting for AOR as well. It's estimated to take 2 weeks so it looks like we'll get it mid-December..

Question for everyone in this forum: Will Christmas/Holiday break affect applications? Like will it push the timeline forward?

Thanks all!
well, this is not a question for general public. but I assume officers will go for holidays and we will see a reduction in the number of updates.

but hey, who knows they might give an early Christmas present :p ;)

looking at this thread, there was a slow time around summer and AOR time increased.