+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
ah so that might be the problem.
I worked at my job 2013-05 till 2015-12. I went on holiday to canada twice during that time . So i dont need to put those holidays down?

I also went to cuba during my time in canada (one working holiday visa) for a short break. Im assuming I dont need to put that either?
- You don't need to list holiday duration time if you were still working for your company.
- For Working holiday visa, I have no idea. But I think if you still were working full time for your company while you were working part time on a vacation, so no, you just need to fill your full time work contract.

=> To make it clear, I listed all the jobs and duration time to match with my contracts (included probation time) with all the companies I worked for.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
- You don't need to list holiday duration time if you were still working for your company.
- For Working holiday visa, I have no idea. But I think if you still were working full time for your company while you were working part time on a vacation, so no, you just need to fill your full time work contract.

=> To make it clear, I listed all the jobs and duration time to match with my contracts (included probation time) with all the companies I worked for.
ah, thank you so much for your help!

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017

So I got rid of the holidays but it still flags it. I'm hoenstly out of ideas. To give some idea my person history is

2015-12 to ongoing = working holiday visa
2013-05 to 2015-12 = employment
2013-09 to 2015-06 = student

It seems to be flagging the start date of my working holiday visa... at least that is where it is showing a redbox

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I did pay the $255 for sure so I don't see why. It took me a couple weeks to get the Sch A and PCC for the PR Application together. Would that have any affect on the OWP app?
im a July 14 applicant and I haven't received mine yet, its frustrating for me seeing Aug applicants receiving theres. Ive made many calls to cic and they have no answers, they just say you have to wait, and don't give you any explanation on why it hasn't been approved by 4 months or to what the status is. The agents you speak to also have no direct contact with the visa offices of where its being processed from.
Sorry to hear that... How about you call them to ask: "How long to know my application is failed? I would like to know then if st bad happens, I will apply again with a better application (attached a cover letter to explain your situation and persuade CIC to give you OWP)". I hope this way can work at some point...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
So I got rid of the holidays but it still flags it. I'm hoenstly out of ideas. To give some idea my person history is

It seems to be flagging the start date of my working holiday visa... at least that is where it is showing a redbox
Oh there are obviously a gap and mistakes by time:
=> Don't mention your student time

=> It should be, for example:
2015 -12 to ongoing = working holiday visa
2013 - 09 to 2015-12 = employment part time
2013 - 05 to 2013 - 08 = working full time/ part time...

Also, you are mixing wrong sections: You list your student time on section 7; and list your jobs history on section 8.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh there are obviously a gap and mistakes by time:
=> Don't mention your student time

=> It should be, for example:
2015 -12 to ongoing = working holiday visa
2013 - 09 to 2015-12 = employment part time

2013 - 05 to 2013 - 08 = working full time/ part time...

Also, you are mixing wrong sections: You list your student time on section 7; and list your jobs history on section 8.
Sorry I'm just a little confused.
So I dont include my time as a student under personal history?
I was under the impression I needed to

Is it because my time as a student overlaps with when I was working?

Also section 7 says Membership with an organization
and section 8 says governement positions... so I'm a little confused here

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Sorry I'm just a little confused.
So I dont include my time as a student under personal history?
I was under the impression I needed to

Is it because my time as a student overlaps with when I was working?

Also section 7 says Membership with an organization
and section 8 says governement positions... so I'm a little confused here
Hic, I'm sorry, I was lazy so I read the old form of Schedule A. Now I'm checking my Schedule A which I applied in October.
Here we go:
- Section 5: Education history
- Section 6: Personal history = Only your jobs history, no student history here

"Is it because my time as a student overlaps with when I was working?"
=> No, because there are 2 different sections for you to list your student history and jobs history

Bonne! Now I think you can work on it well! :D

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hic, I'm sorry, I was lazy so I read the old form of Schedule A. Now I'm checking my Schedule A which I applied in October.
Here we go:

=> No, because there are 2 different sections for you to list your student history and jobs history

ah thank you so much. this whole process gets confusing :p

IT WORKED. so thank you for your help!!!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
ah thank you so much. this whole process gets confusing :p
I was under the impression I had to include student history so hopefully thats where the mistake is
=))) Sorry it was quite funny when I read your problems as I saw that you were stuck with the form since yesterday hehe. Don't hate me, I laughed at myself lots of time when I was silly.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
=))) Sorry it was quite funny when I read your problems as I saw that you were stuck with the form since yesterday hehe. Don't hate me, I laughed at myself lots of time when I was silly.
Haha yeah, it kinda got frustrating, it was confusing me so much and I couldnt figure out anything.
Thankfully that sections done now and I just submitted it with police certificate. :p

Thank you so much though

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Here we go:

I haven't validated my form yet, but I got confused after reading this. The instruction for section 6(personal history) states you should detail everything including the time you were studying but what you're saying is that it shouldn't include the time you were a student??

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Haha yeah, it kinda got frustrating, it was confusing me so much and I couldnt figure out anything.
Thankfully that sections done now and I just submitted it with police certificate. :p

Thank you so much though
I haven't validated my form yet, but I got confused after reading this. The instruction for section 6(personal history) states you should detail everything including the time you were studying but what you're saying is that it shouldn't include the time you were a student??
Hi there,

I just applied Schedule A on October and it is being reviewed by CIC I guess, so I cannot 100% assure that I am right.
However, I would like to explain the reasons I filled like that:
Section 6. Personal History
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, which is most recent.
Write your occupation or job title if you were working. If not, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling...)
Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

I supposed that studying here is just for special case. For example: You are still studying at this moment then just fill studying like Section 5. If not, there is no way to fill Education history again as you have already to fill it in Section 5. I find that Section 6 is just simply for jobs, unemployed or travelling without working (which is different from taking holiday during work contract).

So it is up to you, really, this is what I think...

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi there,

I just applied Schedule A on October and it is being reviewed by CIC I guess, so I cannot 100% assure that I am right.
However, I would like to explain the reasons I filled like that:
Section 6. Personal History
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, which is most recent.
Write your occupation or job title if you were working. If not, provide information on what you were doing (unemployed, studying, travelling...)
Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.

I supposed that studying here is just for special case. For example: You are still studying at this moment then just fill studying like Section 5. If not, there is no way to fill Education history again as you have already to fill it in Section 5. I find that Section 6 is just simply for jobs, unemployed or travelling without working (which is different from taking holiday during work contract).

So it is up to you, really, this is what I think...

my form wouldnt validate unless I did this :p
as soon as I got rid of studying from personal history it submitted so....