+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
So frustating, I called immigration yesterday and after 40 minutes wait I talked to someone who assured me I needed a Canadian Police Check! I went to the Police and paid the $20 but it takes 10 business days so 2-3 weeks to receive from now. If I didn't have to wait I could litterally submit everything today!

What should we do?

And just to confirm the signature of SA, the form says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application."
So I don't need to add an actual signature, even with Acrobat Reader, right? Just the name typed is enough? I don't want it to come back!

And thanks buddied94 for your help!
Hello, @naturalG,

Personally, I will sign it myself just to be sure. I would not want it to be part of a hiccup in the application. :)

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hello, @naturalG,

Personally, I will sign it myself just to be sure. I would not want it to be part of a hiccup in the application. :)
How are you gonna send them the form? You won't be able to upload it through CIC anymore:

"Do not print out this form and upload the printed copy through your online account. This will result in an invalid submission of your Schedule A, which will cause additional delays to your application"

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi, Guys,

I log in to our online account (not ecas) and I just realized that sponsor and principal have different statuses:
Sponsor: "In Process"
Principal Applicant: "Application Received"

Are you guys seeing the same?

Thanks.

App Submitted: (with OWP) 29 July 2017
App Received: 31 July 2017
Started Processing: 14 September 2017
Docs Request-- Schedule A + CSQ: 21 September 2017
CSQ Issued: 25 October 2017

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
How are you gonna send them the form? You won't be able to upload it through CIC anymore:

"Do not print out this form and upload the printed copy through your online account. This will result in an invalid submission of your Schedule A, which will cause additional delays to your application"
Simple - if you are submitting via post to Mississauga then print and manually sign.
If submitting online no need to print just type your name, validate, save a soft copy then upload.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM

Hello, @naturalG.

I am out of suggestions, sorry. Those were my thoughts. I also went through the paper application and not online.

Zayed

Oct 9, 2017
Call the call centre and advise them you didn't get the communication, and ask if they can help you: figure out what it was, and what's wrong with communications with you.
Thanks you very much for your support. I got the letter that thay want interview in November 10 . They ask me to bring my wife and all of my documents like
passport.
T4
Workparmit
Pictures with my wife
24 month bank statement
Birth certificate
Joint account documents
Rental agreement

They written in the letter that the interview will be up to 4 hours..
Please advice me

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I almost made the same mistake. I paid, printed the confirmation sheet, then realized that I only paid a fraction of what was needed. So I paid the other fee and printed a second sheet last minute to put in with my application. Definitely easy to overlook that there are two separate fees for OWP.

Hi, I made the same mistake with OWP. I have not received AOR yet, do you know what I should do?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks you very much for your support. I got the letter that thay want interview in November 10 . They ask me to bring my wife and all of my documents like
passport.
T4
Workparmit
Pictures with my wife
24 month bank statement
Birth certificate
Joint account documents
Rental agreement

Please advice me
We didn't have to go through an interview, but I wouldn't worry too much. Make sure you locate the evidence they are looking for. Also, I suggest posting questions in this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations.220698/page-237

Reactions: Zayed

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hello, @naturalG.

I am out of suggestions, sorry. Those were my thoughts. I also went through the paper application and not online.
All good my friend, after long research I think I know what to do:

Since I am gonna upload Schedule A through my online account I should not print it nor hand sign it. I simply have to type my name in the appropriate case, choose the right date and upload it. I will then ELECTRONICALLY sign it when I'll submit it

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
passport.
T4
Workparmit
Pictures with my wife
24 month bank statement
Birth certificate
Joint account documents
Rental agreement

Please advice me
have you just been recently married when you submitted your spousal sponsorship?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We got an email, not an AOR. The email tells us to link our account which I'm guessing will also be a link to the AOR. But we're still not able to link the account (blocked for 24 hours after 5 failed attempts). Will let you know when we get to link the account.
The email is called the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) so what you got is the AOR, which tells you to link.

Once you link successfully, you get a request letter in your account asking you for uploading Sched A and PCC.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi, Guys,

I log in to our online account (not ecas) and I just realized that sponsor and principal have different statuses:
Sponsor: "In Process"
Principal Applicant: "Application Received"

Are you guys seeing the same?

Thanks.

App Submitted: (with OWP) 29 July 2017
App Received: 31 July 2017
Started Processing: 14 September 2017
Docs Request-- Schedule A + CSQ: 21 September 2017
CSQ Issued: 25 October 2017
What you're talking about is ecas, since online account (GCKey or MyCIC) is only for principal applicant and not for sponsor. You can't login on GCKey for the sponsor for the same application.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
All good my friend, after long research I think I know what to do:

Since I am gonna upload Schedule A through my online account I should not print it nor hand sign it. I simply have to type my name in the appropriate case, choose the right date and upload it. I will then ELECTRONICALLY sign it when I'll submit it
Yes, that's right. If you submit it on your GCKey account, you fill out the form and just type your name, and then when you upload everything and hit submit, it will ask you to sign your name again before submitting the documents to IRCC so that is the electronic signature.