+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hey folks,

I have received the landing appointment from CIC Vancouver today. Good luck !
Congrats - that's great news!.
How long after you received notification your application had completed processing did you get the landing appointment date?
We are waiting for an appointment date for Ottawa since Aug 31.

Thanks!

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Congrats - that's great news!.
How long after you received notification your application had completed processing did you get the landing appointment date?
We are waiting for an appointment date for Ottawa since Aug 31.

Thanks!
About 3 weeks after ecas changed from in process to decision made on the principal applicant side.
Now I have to wait 3 weeks for the landing appointment and then 2 months for the PR card. It’s such a long process!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
I received my landing appointment e-mail from London CIC. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and congrats to those who received their PR.

These past 22 months made me realize that patience is the key when it comes to sponsorship applications and processing.

katnes14

Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

My husband and I have filed for permanent residency for him. I’m a citizen in Canada. We’ve been married 4 years. We were previously living in the US. We have filed inland.

We filed November 2017. We have submitted all the required documents, and have done the medical exam.

A couple weeks ago we were asked to submit proof of Canadian cohabitation. We sent this in.

Now we are asked to provide proof of maintained residence in Canada since we’ve filed. Like day to day banking. Our lawyer even says he’s never been asked by CIC for this

Has anyone else been asked for this? To provide proof of maintained residence? Especially after being asked for Canadian cohabitation proof??

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
My husband and I called the CIC call center yesterday as its been 7 weeks since my husband received his letter (Aug 31st) saying his processing was completed and that Ottawa would contact him re his landing appointment.

The agent we spoke with said she was going to send a message on to the Ottawa office as we should have received word two weeks from the date we received the letter and that we were 5 weeks past normal processing times for Ottawa. Here's hoping we hear something soon as it would be lovely to get this settled before the snow sets in.:)

Congrats to all who have landed and have received word that their processing is coming to an end!!

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
My husband and I called the CIC call center yesterday as its been 7 weeks since my husband received his letter (Aug 31st) saying his processing was completed and that Ottawa would contact him re his landing appointment.

The agent we spoke with said she was going to send a message on to the Ottawa office as we should have received word two weeks from the date we received the letter and that we were 5 weeks past normal processing times for Ottawa. Here's hoping we hear something soon as it would be lovely to get this settled before the snow sets in.:)

Congrats to all who have landed and have received word that their processing is coming to an end!!

You should try sending an email to the Ottawa office CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. This might help too. I heard other people had written to the office and they would hear back within several days.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I received the landing appointment letter. It says that I must provide 2 photos of each person on the application. Does that include the sponsor?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I received the landing appointment letter. It says that I must provide 2 photos of each person on the application. Does that include the sponsor?
no, only the PA. The photos are for the PR card. The sponsor has to bring ID only.

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hello profiler,
Today i went thrue relationship intervew and so far its good. The officer keep on intervewing us for 4 consecutive hrs. Somehow she is a kind of serious and fault finder ,like she asks about my refugee hearing and make sure i don get married to get status in canada but she seem good person. She said she will send me her decision on mail.
I hope its positive.
I would like to say thank you profiler for undesrved help and guidance.
What do they ask about your refugee in a sponsorship application.just asking because an sponsoring a failed refugee

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
What do they ask about your refugee in a sponsorship application.just asking because an sponsoring a failed refugee
You just need to say yes to the question of refused refugee status it will ask that question and CiC will use the same UCI number that your spouse previously used for his refugee application