+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
assuming you did not receive a procedural fairness letter (letter saying they are about to reject your application, give you the reasons, and give you an opportunity to address their concerns), the DM is 100% a positive news. Congratulations, you are now waiting for a landing appointment (which can still take a few weeks to come), but you are nearing the end of your long journey!
Thank you! That's a relief!

Reactions: sylvain1

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Our ECAS turned this morning to "Decision Made - In Progress." Really hoping to get to both sides DM very soon!

Reactions: helix

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Our ECAS turned this morning to "Decision Made - In Progress." Really hoping to get to both sides DM very soon!
Congrats!
Looks like someone found a pile of unprocessed sponsorship applications on their desk! There are no other explanations why a lot of us got "Decision Made" recently :)

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Just an update. We had our interview at the Etobicoke office on Monday. The process itself was simple. They checked our id's and asked my wife a few general questions. Then she told me about my sponsorship responsibilities. It took less than 10 mins. There is a Serice Canada next door and we got a permanent SIN there. As she already had a health card (temporary from her work permit), the Service Ontario office we went for her Permanent OHIP told us that it cannot be done there. They told us that she does not have to submit a new application for OHIP and the conversion to permanent OHIP can be done only at 4 Serice Ontario offices. Luckily we made it to one of the office on time and put in a request for a permanent OHIP. It was a long and tiring day, but we are happy that its over.

For all those who are waiting, good luck. Your interviews will be scheduled any time now as they are fervently clearing all the remaining 2016 applications!

Thanks,
A

Reactions: helix and future_PR

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Is there anyone who is waiting for the landing letter from Ottawa? I wonder how busy the Ottawa office is and how long it would take from DM of PA to the lending letter.

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Hi Guys,

I am waiting for my landing interview/letter after DM. I received DM 2 days ago. I am not sure if I will receive the interview appointment before next week.

We had made plans to visit my sister in law in the USA for Thanksgiving on Oct 6th weekend. Does anyone know if it is okay to travel to the States for the weekend while I wait for the landing interview?

I currently have valid work permit and visa.

Thanks!

Reactions: rhapsodyy

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
DM on both sides! Dec 2016! We were originally Sponsor- Application Received and Applicant- In Progress, and then suddenly DM for both! No emails yet, but one step closer, which is a huge relief.

Reactions: Fowl and helix

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Is there anyone who is waiting for the landing letter from Ottawa? I wonder how busy the Ottawa office is and how long it would take from DM of PA to the lending letter.

We've been waiting since Aug 31 for Ottawa landing appt.. Just sent a query though webform on timing...

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Just received this letter from CIC:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in London IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

We had made plans to visit my sister in law in the USA for Thanksgiving on Oct 6th weekend. Does anyone know if it is okay to travel to the States for the weekend while I wait for the landing interview?

Thanks!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Just received this letter from CIC:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in London IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Thanks!
This is your DM letter. As you have a valid work permit and visa, that should not be a problem to travel if you haven't landed yet. I would bring the DM letter anyways, as if, for some reasons, you have several questions when re-entering Canada, you could say that a decision has been made on your PR application and you are just waiting for the official landing invitation.