+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello folks.

I can’t believe it!! Just saw ecas decision made on both sides. I haven’t receiv any e-mail or update on my cic account yet. October 2016 applicant
Congratulations. You are at the end of the line. Emails are usually sent at night.Check your emails tonight it should be there.
I'm Dec 2016 still waiting. Ohh I'm so Nervous and stressed out
Congratulations once again

Reactions: DJ_Brazil

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Congratulations. You are at the end of the line. Emails are usually sent at night.Check your emails tonight it should be there.
I'm Dec 2016 still waiting. Ohh I'm so Nervous and stressed out
Congratulations once again
Thanks! Your PR is coming soon! Today I have an appointment with my MP and I’m wondering if I need it now.

Michael61

Sep 18, 2018
Congratulations. I just joined this forum. I’m June 2016 applicant and my ecas shows decision made on sponsors side and in process on the applicant side since July. May I know if any June applicant is still waiting for decision made

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Congratulations. I just joined this forum. I’m June 2016 applicant and my ecas shows decision made on sponsors side and in process on the applicant side since July. May I know if any June applicant is still waiting for decision made
Not sure if there are a lot of June 2016 applicants left. Did you have to re-submit any document? Also, did you contact CIC via web form, call centre, or request GCMS notes?

Michael61

Sep 18, 2018
Not sure if there are a lot of June 2016 applicants left. Did you have to re-submit any document? Also, did you contact CIC via web form, call centre, or request GCMS notes?
They have not requested any document since i submitted my medicals last year July. I contacted cic and the agent told me is still in process and that I should wait to hear from them. Is been 27months now still now feedback. Really worried

XKAYIY

May 21, 2018
The lawyer just send me two letters.
One is "
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXX and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly."-----------That should be a SA letter
The other one is "
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

What is that?

Reactions: Tipsywit63

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
The lawyer just send me two letters.
One is "
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXX and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly."-----------That should be a SA letter
The other one is "
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

What is that?
First letter = sponsor approval
Second letter = Approval in principle (AIP)
Next step is decision made (DM) and then landing appointment.
You’re almost done. Good luck!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
November 2017
I received the AIP (Approval in Principle) letter today...
Never received a SA letter
Inside ECAS both sides are “In Process”
December applicant.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I've recieved what seems to be an AIP letter today! ECAS has no changes though. How long does it take from AIP letter to the next step? December 2016 applicant

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
My ECAS shows both sides "Decision Made". I wonder if I can still get rejected PR at that stage and how long will it take until I go to the next step.
assuming you did not receive a procedural fairness letter (letter saying they are about to reject your application, give you the reasons, and give you an opportunity to address their concerns), the DM is 100% a positive news. Congratulations, you are now waiting for a landing appointment (which can still take a few weeks to come), but you are nearing the end of your long journey!

Reactions: helix

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
November 2017
My ECAS turned to “Decision Made” on both sides today too.