IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Have any of you ever sent a Document via The online services web form and keep getting back from CIC a email stating that its not the same info they have on file and to resend the information again ??? .. I have been trying to send 2 documents this will be the 3rd time trying to get these Documents sent to CIC,, Now On the email conformation from CIC I noticed that the space for my DOB keeps changing to my wife's DOB after its been sent to CIC,, what the heck grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,,

Also every email my wife has received from CIC, only uses my wife's 1st and last name.. Our Applications and her passport has her last name with a - then my last name, why do they send emails with only her maiden name and not her married name.. Iand which do I use when filling out the webform.. the Married last name or her Last name as on the emails from CIC ?

I hope im clearly explaining this lol sorry if not !
Knowing a little of what you've said in private messages, history with other applications, and what you have described above -- I *suspect* it's because your wife immigrated some years ago with a maiden name. The way Canada's governments manage the maiden name situation is to create an 'Also Known As' record. That's not the actual identity record of the person -- just the person is now using one or the other name.

At least, my Software Engineer mind thinks that's how they've structured this. Further to this thought, the implementation of the web services are likely using the actual record and not also searching the AKA records. For mail merges (where they have template mailings), they could use either/or/both.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Knowing a little of what you've said in private messages, history with other applications, and what you have described above -- I *suspect* it's because your wife immigrated some years ago with a maiden name. The way Canada's governments manage the maiden name situation is to create an 'Also Known As' record. That's not the actual identity record of the person -- just the person is now using one or the other name.

At least, my Software Engineer mind thinks that's how they've structured this. Further to this thought, the implementation of the web services are likely using the actual record and not also searching the AKA records. For mail merges (where they have template mailings), they could use either/or/both.
ok so also why does the box for my DOB change to her DOB after we attach the 2 documents and send the form to CIC??

also what name should we use, Her now married last her name - then my last name. which is how it is on her Passport and on the Immigration applications,, I have been using just her last name on the web form, I know when I sign into online services or the GCkey both only use her unmarried last name .. omg lol wow

The old site we had before they changed this site we could send Private messages can we still do that,, if so how?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ok so also why does the box for my DOB change to her DOB after we attach the 2 documents and send the form to CIC??

also what name should we use, Her now married last her name - then my last name. which is how it is on her Passport and on the Immigration applications,, I have been using just her last name on the web form, I know when I sign into online services or the GCkey both only use her unmarried last name .. omg lol wow

The old site we had before they changed this site we could send Private messages can we still do that,, if so how?
Yeah, I understand they're confusing.

It's called "conversations". Look at the top right ^^^.

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am a September applicant of 2016, still waiting for any updates about my application. I am wondering how many 2016 applicants have already completed this long process with CIC, or are there any 2016 applicants like me still waiting?

My husband, sponsor for me, received a DM letter sometime in January this year, and there is no update for my side. Does anyone know how long I still need to wait? Thanks:)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Everyone,

I am a September applicant of 2016, still waiting for any updates about my application. I am wondering how many 2016 applicants have already completed this long process with CIC, or are there any 2016 applicants like me still waiting?

My husband, sponsor for me, received a DM letter sometime in January this year, and there is no update for my side. Does anyone know how long I still need to wait? Thanks:)
What does ECAS presently say?

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
What does ECAS presently say?
May I ask what is ECAS? Is that the online status?

There are not too much info for my side. Now the status is "Application Received". I checked my online status on the second day after my husband received his DM letter in January, at that time, it showed "In Process" on my side. Two days after that, it changed from "In Process" to "Application Received" again. I could not understand why, so I called CIC in late January. The agent told me that because my file has been received by local office. That may be a reason why it shows "Application Received" now.

I was asked to do a medical examination last year in June. I am afraid the result will be expired very soon. I am pregnant now and I could not do one more time. Usually in this situation, how long I still need to wait? Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
May I ask what is ECAS? Is that the online status?

There are not too much info for my side. Now the status is "Application Received". I checked my online status on the second day after my husband received his DM letter in January, at that time, it showed "In Process" on my side. Two days after that, it changed from "In Process" to "Application Received" again. I could not understand why, so I called CIC in late January. The agent told me that because my file has been received by local office. That may be a reason why it shows "Application Received" now.

I was asked to do a medical examination last year in June. I am afraid the result will be expired very soon. I am pregnant now and I could not do one more time. Usually in this situation, how long I still need to wait? Thanks.
If the file is in a local CIC office, then there is no way to know for sure. If you are required to go through another medical, you just advise the doctor of your pregnancy, and they will have CIC delay until your baby is born (so they can complete the chest x-ray).

If the file was sent to the local office just for final review, it should be no time. If it was sent for a relationship review/interview or confirming an identity, then it can take considerably longer.

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
If the file is in a local CIC office, then there is no way to know for sure. If you are required to go through another medical, you just advise the doctor of your pregnancy, and they will have CIC delay until your baby is born (so they can complete the chest x-ray).

If the file was sent to the local office just for final review, it should be no time. If it was sent for a relationship review/interview or confirming an identity, then it can take considerably longer.
It is a little frustrating since all the 2016 applicants I know have finished. It is now more than two months after my husband received his DM. I am wondering whether there are something wrong for my side. I was a master student in Ontario. After my graduation. I could choose to become a PR via the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and I did not because it did not open at that time. It was opened after I submitted my family sponsorship application. It is disappointing that if I still need to wait for long time because most of my classmates who applied for PNP gradually became a PR these days. :(

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
No use right now. You have a lawyer.
Hi @profiler
I contacted Cbsa today as I am supposed to report them every two weeks.I did that today. But I don’t know yet if cic knows about exclusion order. My representative is busy. he just want me to wait he said Cbsa will contact cic. I ask Cbsa officer if cic knows about this exclusion order and she seems to me like she has no answer .she said you can call cic if you want to update something that’s kinda weired.
I was hoping that if cic comes to know might be I get AIP or something . Because this is like a nightmare. I was so tensed before reporting them. It feels like you never know what they will something and when . It’s really te tensed dealing with Cbsa .

Do you think I should call cic and ask about if they knows about my exclusion order ? So much going on in my mind just want to get rid of it .
I hope you will understand it’s kinda emotional and stressful.
Thanks in advance

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler
I contacted Cbsa today as I am supposed to report them every two weeks.I did that today. But I don’t know yet if cic knows about exclusion order. My representative is busy. he just want me to wait he said Cbsa will contact cic. I ask Cbsa officer if cic knows about this exclusion order and she seems to me like she has no answer .she said you can call cic if you want to update something that’s kinda weired.
I was hoping that if cic comes to know might be I get AIP or something . Because this is like a nightmare. I was so tensed before reporting them. It feels like you never know what they will something and when . It’s really te tensed dealing with Cbsa .

Do you think I should call cic and ask about if they knows about my exclusion order ? So much going on in my mind just want to get rid of it .
I hope you will understand it’s kinda emotional and stressful.
Thanks in advance
CBSA and CIC both use the same computer system: GCMS. They share notes via that system. There is a less-than-zero percent chance that CIC didn't know before you did.

If you don't believe me, call and ask. Or order your GCMS notes online.

Reactions: jeet07

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It is a little frustrating since all the 2016 applicants I know have finished. It is now more than two months after my husband received his DM. I am wondering whether there are something wrong for my side. I was a master student in Ontario. After my graduation. I could choose to become a PR via the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and I did not because it did not open at that time. It was opened after I submitted my family sponsorship application. It is disappointing that if I still need to wait for long time because most of my classmates who applied for PNP gradually became a PR these days. :(
Sorry I cannot comment. There is a reasonable chance it's something that may require an interview. CPC-M doesn't interview. It gets sent to a local office for that (identity concerns, relationship concerns, etc). But it also can get sent there for final reviews, as well.

That's the best I can do for you.

Last edited:

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
CBSA and CIC both use the same computer system: GCMS. They share notes via that system. There is a less-than-zero percent chance that CIC didn't know before you did.

If you don't believe me, call and ask. Or order your GCMS notes online.
Hi ,
I totally trust you . It’s just I don’t have knowledge. Good know that if cic knew about that . Thanks

Reactions: profiler

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
There are still a number of (primarily Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec) applicants waiting for DM. I am an early December applicant who has yet to receive SA-AIP-DM!

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
There are still a number of (primarily Sept-Oct-Nov-Dec) applicants waiting for DM. I am an early December applicant who has yet to receive SA-AIP-DM!
Good to know, thanks. I sent my application in late August. CIC received in Sept 1st. Well, long time. Hopefully we will get a result soon.

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
Sorry I cannot comment. There is a reasonable chance it's something that may require an interview. CPC-M doesn't interview. It gets sent to a local office for that (identity concerns, relationship concerns, etc). But it also can get sent there for final reviews, as well.

That's the best I can do for you.
Seems like nothing to do but to wait. Thanks.