+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys, could you please direct me on how to apply for a @work permit extensions. I'm been sponsored by my wife. I had an open work permit from my refugee claim but now expired. Because of that I couldn't add one to my sponsorships application when submitting. Now that OWP is expired and I want to renew it. Can you please direct me on
1.the right forms to use
2.the fees to pay
3.if I have to add a copy of the old permit to it.
4.the address to post to
I'm early Dec 2016 applicant. After my Medicals in Nov (since passed), nothing else.
My employer wants to keep me so please advice me on what to do while waiting for the extension
Thanks guys and happy holidays

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys, could you please direct me on how to apply for a @work permit extensions. I'm been sponsored by my wife. I had an open work permit from my refugee claim but now expired. Because of that I couldn't add one to my sponsorships application when submitting. Now that OWP is expired and I want to renew it. Can you please direct me on
1.the right forms to use
2.the fees to pay
3.if I have to add a copy of the old permit to it.
4.the address to post to
I'm early Dec 2016 applicant. After my Medicals in Nov (since passed), nothing else.
My employer wants to keep me so please advice me on what to do while waiting for the extension
Thanks guys and happy holidays
Look at my signature for a link.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler please you mean you are going to post the link or already posted it somewhere. Apologies English isn't my first language (L1)
I below my messages, there is a signature. Like you'd find on a letter. If you're viewing on a phone, you might not see it. Here it is:

"
"Don't freak out, ok. ECAS is a dinosaurus. It breaks from time to time. Get over it."

Got a request for additional proofs? See: my post here. Got a request for updated IMM 5669 or IMM 5406? See this post.

If you need help applying for the OWP available to in Canada sponsorship applications, See this message
"

This message, links to: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-944#post-6126009

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
I below my messages, there is a signature. Like you'd find on a letter. If you're viewing on a phone, you might not see it. Here it is:

"
"Don't freak out, ok. ECAS is a dinosaurus. It breaks from time to time. Get over it."

Got a request for additional proofs? See: my post here. Got a request for updated IMM 5669 or IMM 5406? See this post.

If you need help applying for the OWP available to in Canada sponsorship applications, See this message
"

This message, links to: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-944#post-6126009
Thanks I got the link. I can't validate the document checklist. Can I print and pen filled or I have to do on the computer and validate. I can't see the validate button. I need guidance
Thank you

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys is the way to validate the form IMM 5556 for the extension of work permit. Can I filled by hand and post as such or its mandatory to validate
Please I need help. The pdf can't even open on my computer. If there's a way to open these govt website let me know
Thanks

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Up to 6 months actually. 3-6 is common. What usually slows this stage down is the Security check. That's run by an external agency(ies): Ordered by CBSA, completed by CSIS and their international intelligence partners. What can affect the time, is the number of countries you have visited, the duration of time you spent there, etc. It turns into more leads to follow.
like I said earlier, we were asked to provide some police records and pay the last fee for the pr card and i think its taking time because of the police records that we didnt provide (we sent explication letter and answers from embassy). We sent with the lawyer last week a notification to know a little bit more of the process now.

My question : 12 months they have to process before this or they can process more than 12 months without any trouble for them ?? ( june will be one year for us....)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks I got the link. I can't validate the document checklist. Can I print and pen filled or I have to do on the computer and validate. I can't see the validate button. I need guidance
Thank you
Hi guys is the way to validate the form IMM 5556 for the extension of work permit. Can I filled by hand and post as such or its mandatory to validate
Please I need help. The pdf can't even open on my computer. If there's a way to open these govt website let me know
Thanks
Needs to be validated. That creates a barcode page they can scan. Use IE or Firefox. Or download directly to your computer, then open it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
like I said earlier, we were asked to provide some police records and pay the last fee for the pr card and i think its taking time because of the police records that we didnt provide (we sent explication letter and answers from embassy). We sent with the lawyer last week a notification to know a little bit more of the process now.

My question : 12 months they have to process before this or they can process more than 12 months without any trouble for them ?? ( june will be one year for us....)

I am kind of confused....

If the question is: can they take longer than 12 months to process the file -- yes of course. They will not refuse a file without providing a lot of notice before hand.

If the question is: can they continue to process after 12 months -- see above. They used to take 26 months.

If the question is: do they now have 12 months to complete the file, no. Your file is now on a divergent path, and you will get processed once CIC has what they need to make a decision.

If I didn't answer, could you please restate the question?

Reactions: goteborg

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018

If the question is: can they take longer than 12 months to process the file -- yes of course. They will not refuse a file without providing a lot of notice before hand.

If the question is: can they continue to process after 12 months -- see above. They used to take 26 months.

If the question is: do they now have 12 months to complete the file, no. Your file is now on a divergent path, and you will get processed once CIC has what they need to make a decision.

Yes that was my question sorry.

We are putting pressure with the lawyer now because everytime we did this they answered us by asking something else or going to the next step.

We passed the medical visit, they just asked us the police records of countries it was impossible to provide (we sent the embassies answers) and to pay the last fee (490$) I hope its the end soon....

my wife lived 7 years in canada....

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
the

The other question was do you know people on this forum that provided a explanation letter of not providing police records and was accepted ?

thanks my friend :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
the

The other question was do you know people on this forum that provided a explanation letter of not providing police records and was accepted ?

thanks my friend :)
Yes. This happens. Just like not having passports (can't get them from the country of origin, etc). They have ways to work around it. But you have to provide proof that you did reach out to try to get the PCC's. As long as an embassy told you no, you should be ok.

Reactions: goteborg

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Yes. This happens. Just like not having passports (can't get them from the country of origin, etc). They have ways to work around it. But you have to provide proof that you did reach out to try to get the PCC's. As long as an embassy told you no, you should be ok.
thank you my friend I hope so too, we sent the answer almost 2 months ago, we will see this week what they answer to the lawyers'email asking for an update.

will keep you posted

thanks

Reactions: profiler