IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My lawyer said that now just wait for removal officer to reply because he has to do administrative referral but at first it was very hard me to understand all this. I hope everything goes well do u think it’s a good idea to go MP and call cic ?
No use right now. You have a lawyer.

Reactions: jeet07

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
But, that's in the instructions. Literally it's on the checklist too. What happened???

I dunno, we sent everything in the package we mailed to CIC last year and I mean everything, Documents, emails, pictures, taxes, employment letters, my army discharge ,, everything on the list and most likely more than on the list we sent it all together ... .. I can understand them wanting a New Employment letter, seeing how Sears went down under.. and her 2016 taxes ,, what I don't get why they are Just now doing her Spousal Sponsorship application...

Aww thx bruh. Yeah we're doing ok. Starting to burn out. Glad to hear that we're in mid November now! Whooo hooo! Hope you guys are doing ok -- I know the patience required is rough. But don't fret -- it's almost over!

All this gets done and over with, id love for us all, you your wife my wife to meet up for a drink lol ILL BUY lol

It's weird that they wanted that. Remember, that you can always send them things, unsolicited, via web form. I did that all along to make sure they had up to date info. We didn't get a document request at all. But don't worry, it's only a minor delay. The fact that they asked, means they were looking at SA.
I really don't have anything to send to them,, they have all our up to date info... We are now past the new 1 year time line,, so much for it taking a year to do this.... Sometimes I just want to call our MP and say hey help us out,, but then I think that could piss off CIC so I just don't do any thing lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I really don't have anything to send to them,, they have all our up to date info... We are now past the new 1 year time line,, so much for it taking a year to do this.... Sometimes I just want to call our MP and say hey help us out,, but then I think that could piss off CIC so I just don't do any thing lol
But them asking for an employment letter etc shouldn't matter. Spousal Sponsorships are not considered against low income cut-off. Annnyway, not a big deal. They are real fast if they have all the docs ready to review.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
But them asking for an employment letter etc shouldn't matter. Spousal Sponsorships are not considered against low income cut-off. Annnyway, not a big deal. They are real fast if they have all the docs ready to review.
I check that e-Cas page everyday to see if any thing changed lol.. I have no life cept counting time ROFL..if there is no change by the end of NEXT week ill call CIC and hopefully get a person to ask what's up... How's your day going?? are you getting all this snow,, I'm so ready for some warm weather ....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I check that e-Cas page everyday to see if any thing changed lol.. I have no life cept counting time ROFL..if there is no change by the end of NEXT week ill call CIC and hopefully get a person to ask what's up... How's your day going?? are you getting all this snow,, I'm so ready for some warm weather ....
Snow? What is this "snow" you speak of? We had heavy spots of it yesterday -- but only a minor dusting stayed around. It's going ok -- you? I think you need a hobby :)

Last edited:

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Snow? What is this "snow" you speak of? We had heavy spots of it yesterday -- but only a minor dusting stayed around. It's going ok -- you? I think you need a hobby :)
its been snowing here for 2 days,, I think its done now ,,its pretty but I've had enough of it... Hobby or a frigging job,, id rather have the job.. No body like hiring old guys in the middle of changing carriers and on a Temp WP...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
its been snowing here for 2 days,, I think its done now ,,its pretty but I've had enough of it... Hobby or a frigging job,, id rather have the job.. No body like hiring old guys in the middle of changing carriers and on a Temp WP...
You could enjoy the same hobby as @sylvain1 and @profiler : craft beer "tasting". :D

Patience... It will come :)

Reactions: WOLFHAWK

leb

Oct 22, 2015
Finally official received the PR status.

Interview went through really fast. Just few simple questions. Where we met, did I go to jail before, and did I ever refuse entry to Canada.

Now I just need to wait the PR card.. and apply for Nexus for next step...

Anyone know nexus 3years residency requirement count the time holding permit(s)?

Also does anyone know when apply for citizenship, the income tax filing, three years also count the time holding permit(s) as well?

I want to thank you everyone in the post and especially Profiler helped a lot answering everyone questions. Good luck to everyone who still waiting, everything will be okay. Just a game which need a lot of patient.

Here’s my timeline:

Applied: Oct 16 2016
AOR: Nov 17 2016
OWP: Feb 04 2017
Medical approved: Jan 07 2017
AIP: Never
DM: Mar 5 2018
Landing Interview: Mar 13 2018

Reactions: dkosh and abcdmud

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018

Interview went through really fast. Just few simple questions. Where we met, did I go to jail before, and did I ever refuse entry to Canada.

Anyone know nexus 3years residency requirement count the time holding permit(s)?

Also does anyone know when apply for citizenship, the income tax filing, three years also count the time holding permit(s) as well?

I want to thank you everyone in the post and especially Profiler helped a lot answering everyone questions. Good luck to everyone who still waiting, everything will be okay. Just a game which need a lot of patient.

Here’s my timeline:

Congrats!!!!

What is the procedure to apply for a NEXUS card? Is it the same as an enhanced driver's license?

Citizenship requirements are 3 out of 5 years from the date you apply (1095 days). Anytime you were in Canada within the 5 years before you got your PR, CIC will count 1/2 day for everyday, up to a max of 365 days.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Hi @profiler , I have a question, I haven't received my PR yet , i wondering if i go to US by car ( I have a US VISA), Would i have any problem to cross back from the US to Canada? Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Here’s my timeline:

Congrats. Glad you made it. As for Nexus -- not sure -- I don't need one ;)

Time holding permits counts as half days upto 1 year of time (so upto 365 days). Theory is, you could be eligible for citizenship after 2 years.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler , I have a question, I haven't received my PR yet , i wondering if i go to US by car ( I have a US VISA), Would i have any problem to cross back from the US to Canada? Thanks
If you have a COPR you should be ok. If not, how will you re-enter Canada (do you require a visa?)? By land, a COPR is enough. If you don't have a COPR yet, then it's hit or miss WRT what the border guard feels at the time. If you have an OWP, bring that -- it can help your case.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
If you have a COPR you should be ok. If not, how will you re-enter Canada (do you require a visa?)? By land, a COPR is enough. If you don't have a COPR yet, then it's hit or miss WRT what the border guard feels at the time. If you have an OWP, bring that -- it can help your case.
I have the COPR!! I Landed on FEB 12/2018!! I am wondering because it says "NOT A TRAVEL DOCUMENT" on the COPR! I live 10 min away from the airport, if i go there, any CBSA agent would be able to confirm 100%? Thanks again

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have the COPR!! I Landed on FEB 12/2018!! I am wondering because it says "NOT A TRAVEL DOCUMENT" on the COPR! I live 10 min away from the airport, if i go there, any CBSA agent would be able to confirm 100%? Thanks again
It's not a travel document. BUT -- there is one exception -- you can use it to cross the CAN-USA border. It's proof to CBSA that you belong here (and therefore have entry rights).

You cannot use to to board an airplane. You need an eTA/Visa/PR Card/Canadian Passport for that.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
It's not a travel document. BUT -- there is one exception -- you can use it to cross the CAN-USA border. It's proof to CBSA that you belong here (and therefore have entry rights).

You cannot use to to board an airplane. You need an eTA/Visa/PR Card/Canadian Passport for that.
THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reactions: profiler