+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

RENL

Jan 16, 2018
@profiler and others,

Need help Please!!!!!

Received Etobicoke landing interview email for my husband but the sad news is, the letter has an attachment with some other person's information such as application number, UCI and name. We called CIC immediately and they said they are not sure whether a landing letter was intended for my husband or for someone else. They said IRCC might contact us but at the same time they're not sure if IRCC would really do anything to fix this situation on time.

This is a huge error made by CIC.
This is very frustrating. Please advise!!! Thank you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler and others,

Need help Please!!!!!

Received Etobicoke landing interview email for my husband but the sad news is, the letter has an attachment with some other person's information such as application number, UCI and name. We called CIC immediately and they said they are not sure whether a landing letter was intended for my husband or for someone else. They said IRCC might contact us but at the same time they're not sure if IRCC would really do anything to fix this situation on time.

This is a huge error made by CIC.
This is very frustrating. Please advise!!! Thank you.
Reply to the email directly. Include the proper file number and UCI and mention you think it is an error.

Reactions: RENL

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hello everyone. I'm sponsoring my husband. He uploaded schedule A on Jan 16 and until now he sees "action required" and no other update. PCC was not asked as he sent it with the application.
We're starting to get worried. Could you please help us and tell us if this is normal?
Thanks

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Good morning All,

Finally, my wife landed yesterday and she is officially Canadian Permanent Resident.

Thanks for everyone on this forum, the forum is very helpful. Special Thanks to @profiler

Reactions: profiler

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Good morning All,

Finally, my wife landed yesterday and she is officially Canadian Permanent Resident.

Thanks for everyone on this forum, the forum is very helpful. Special Thanks to @profiler
Congratulations!!
I am doing my landing interview next Monday.
How is it? Which questions did they ask?
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congratulations!!
I am doing my landing interview next Monday.
How is it? Which questions did they ask?
Thanks
The questions are almost always the same: Have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or anywhere, do you have any dependents not listed in Canada or anywhere, have you been asked to leave Canada or anywhere. Sometimes they ask if the Sponsor still wants to sponsor you. Simple stuff.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning All,

Congrats!

Reactions: Melhem1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone. I'm sponsoring my husband. He uploaded schedule A on Jan 16 and until now he sees "action required" and no other update. PCC was not asked as he sent it with the application.
We're starting to get worried. Could you please help us and tell us if this is normal?
Thanks
There is a 2017 inland thread that you might want to watch - it will have more accurate time predictions.

I don't trust myCIC. I instead use ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en). Use your details when you try to locate your application(s). To answer your question: I have seen many "bugs" where "action required" isn't really one. It might be the request for medical too. So, I would call the call centre (888-242-2100) to ask. Make sure to ask them to pull up your application to have a look.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
There is a 2017 inland thread that you might want to watch - it will have more accurate time predictions.

I don't trust myCIC. I instead use ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en). Use your details when you try to locate your application(s). To answer your question: I have seen many "bugs" where "action required" isn't really one. It might be the request for medical too. So, I would call the call centre (888-242-2100) to ask. Make sure to ask them to pull up your application to have a look.
Thank you Profiler. To be honest, I know about the 2017 thread; however, you're not on it ☺ I had followed your professional answers and wanted your opinion ☺

We contacted them over the phone and sent an e-mail for tech support yesterday. They replied today saying that they received the uploaded documents and they will contact us later if they need more documents.
We had already sent the medicals as my husband did it last July for his work permit.
The only worry I have is that it's been more than 3 weeks and there was no change in the application status as to say ( background check in process" ..
well it seems we have to wait

Thanks for everything profiler and I hope you'll always find help when you need it as you're helping these so many people

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler. To be honest, I know about the 2017 thread; however, you're not on it ☺ I had followed your professional answers and wanted your opinion ☺
"professional" is not quite what I would call it ;). By profession, I am a Software Engineer. That makes me an arm chair commentator :). I do occasionally answer on that thread too -- but not frequently (usually people have to tag me, before I know the request was for me).

We contacted them over the phone and sent an e-mail for tech support yesterday. They replied today saying that they received the uploaded documents and they will contact us later if they need more documents.
We had already sent the medicals as my husband did it last July for his work permit.
The only worry I have is that it's been more than 3 weeks and there was no change in the application status as to say ( background check in process" ..
well it seems we have to wait
Sounds like everything is fine. I think there is something missing from myCIC that should reset the status from "Action Required". But, I digress. Don't worry -- from CIC, no news is good news :).

Thanks for everything profiler and I hope you'll always find help when you need it as you're helping these so many people
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I hope so, too!

Reactions: Leogirl22

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
"professional" is not quite what I would call it ;). By profession, I am a Software Engineer. That makes me an arm chair commentator :). I do occasionally answer on that thread too -- but not frequently (usually people have to tag me, before I know the request was for me).
So you're multi-tasking, and you're good at that
Thanks for the hint, prepare yourself to get tagged along the way
Have a great day

reywill85

Apr 24, 2017
Morning All,

October 2016 applicant here...still waiting on approvals.

Anyone else get a pre arrival services email? Is this an indication that I should be getting approvals soon. On Ecas sponsor shows in process and applicant side recently changed from application received to in process.

reywill85

Apr 24, 2017
Morning All,

Anyone else get a pre arrival services email? Is this an indication that I should be getting approvals soon. On Ecas sponsor shows in process and applicant side recently changed from application received to in process.

Update: I just checked Ecas....shows decision made on both sides but I haven't received any email...waiting patiently.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Morning All,

Usually this is sent to outlanders, or folks who have dependents overseas (where they are issuing a PPR).

Update: I just checked Ecas....shows decision made on both sides but I haven't received any email...waiting patiently.
Congrats. Without a Procedural Fairness Letter, this means you have been approved. You will probably, eventually, get a letter stating "We are pleased to advise you that processing is complete". They will schedule a landing appointment sometimes with that letter, sometimes without. Depends on the landing office.

Also, the landing appointment will take time to schedule. That also depends on the office, and how quickly they are looking to land you (if you have expiring Passport, Medical, or Security clearances, they will usually try to schedule you for an urgent landing). Time is usually 1-10 weeks.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Good Afternoon,
This morning I did my landing!
It was very simple and fast !!
I would like to thank @profiler for taking his time to answer not just mine but all our questions during this whole process.
Also everyone that contribute with any advice here.
You guys rock!

The lady told me between 4 and 6 weeks to receive the PR card (I am in Ottawa)
Cheers and Thank you again.

Reactions: profiler