Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi @profiler

Question:
The invitation letter asks to bring the SIN number. However, my wife SIN is expired (expired on 31 Dec 2017). Do we need to renew it before going to the interview or it should be fine with this SIN as it will be changed after landing
Which office are you landing at? Etobicoke and larger offices have a Service Canada on site that you can get the permanent SIN at. That's the only reason I can think of, for them to ask for that. They will tell you, that you need to get the SIN ASAP. If you plan to visit the Service Canada, then bring it with (or perhaps SC can locate it).

Reactions: Melhem1

July2016

Feb 6, 2018
What does ECAS say if you log in with your wife's details?
  1. We received xxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on July 20, 2016.
  2. We sent xxxxxxxxxxx correspondence on June 13, 2017. If xxxxxxxxxxxx has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have xxxxxxxxxx do so as soon as possible. Please wait until xxxxxxxxxxxx receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  3. Medical results have been received.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Which office are you landing at? Etobicoke and larger offices have a Service Canada on site that you can get the permanent SIN at. That's the only reason I can think of, for them to ask for that. They will tell you, that you need to get the SIN ASAP. If you plan to visit the Service Canada, then bring it with (or perhaps SC can locate it).
It is the Etobicoke office. This is what the letter says:
Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.

Do you think I should go tomorrow to Service Canad to extend my wife's SIN as it is expired. So, just show at the office with the expired SIN and change it there?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It is the Etobicoke office. This is what the letter says:
Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.

Do you think I should go tomorrow to Service Canad to extend my wife's SIN as it is expired. So, just show at the office with the expired SIN and change it there?
Nah, just tell them it is expired.

Reactions: Melhem1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
it's say decision made in sponsorship application status but on the PR application status are still in process.
The delay is a security screening. Can take 3-6 months to complete. So, any day now!

Reactions: July2016

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Got PR Card in the mail today! 54 days. It now FEELS real. Good luck to all.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: VIRGIEWOOLF

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Thank You Profiler. Also found out I got a job today, feeling blessed. Keep up the Good works!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

dkosh

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Congrats to all who are almost done with this process :)

I'm sponsoring my common-law husband, we applied in Oct 2016. He's already submitted his medical (Sept 2017) and we sent them criminal record info (Oct 2017)...all has been received. On January 30th both statuses changed to DM, last Thursday I received AIP via email on Friday he received AIP via email as well.
My question is, how long do you normally wait for the next stage of this process? Should we expect a letter saying if he was approved or denied or are we waiting for landing interview appointment now?
Thanks in advance!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats to all who are almost done with this process :)

I'm sponsoring my common-law husband, we applied in Oct 2016. He's already submitted his medical (Sept 2017) and we sent them criminal record info (Oct 2017)...all has been received. On January 30th both statuses changed to DM, last Thursday I received AIP via email on Friday he received AIP via email as well.
My question is, how long do you normally wait for the next stage of this process? Should we expect a letter saying if he was approved or denied or are we waiting for landing interview appointment now?
Thanks in advance!

Congrats. I am confused...common-law husband? Common-law is usually used to describe a union, but not a marriage. But, I digress..

If you have a DM in ECAS, and no Procedural Fairness letter, then you should be expecting a landing invitation. There is no (well, extremely small; virtually zero) chance that your file will be denied now. They won't send a letter saying it's been approved. They usually (sometimes?) send a letter stating processing has been completed. They make the "final determination" at the landing interview (which isn't an interview at all, nor is there any "determination" -- if you told the truth, you get a PR -- simple).

Landing delays can be 1-10 weeks. It will totally depend on what region of Canada you are in, and by that, who the closest office is.

Reactions: sylvain1

dkosh

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Congrats. I am confused...common-law husband? Common-law is usually used to describe a union, but not a marriage. But, I digress..

If you have a DM in ECAS, and no Procedural Fairness letter, then you should be expecting a landing invitation. There is no (well, extremely small; virtually zero) chance that your file will be denied now. They won't send a letter saying it's been approved. They usually (sometimes?) send a letter stating processing has been completed. They make the "final determination" at the landing interview (which isn't an interview at all, nor is there any "determination" -- if you told the truth, you get a PR -- simple).

Landing delays can be 1-10 weeks. It will totally depend on what region of Canada you are in, and by that, who the closest office is.
Thanks for a quick response @profiler!
You're right the union is common-law, as we're not officially married yet.

We're in Toronto, so I'm sure our closest offices are swamped. But hopefully we'll hear back soonish.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for a quick response @profiler!
You're right the union is common-law, as we're not officially married yet.

We're in Toronto, so I'm sure our closest offices are swamped. But hopefully we'll hear back soonish.
Just up the road! That'd be Etobicoke. Sad news, because usually it's at least 8-10 weeks wait for a landing appointment :(. But, on the plus side, you're journey is basically at an end, and what's left is literally paperwork (like getting a Driver's license).

If he doesn't yet have OHIP, and you have the letter claiming he meets the eligibility to apply for a PR, visit here: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/ . Then Take the info over to Service Ontario and get his OHIP coverage started. There is a 3 month wait from the time they grant OHIP, until coverage begins. When he lands, update them (bring the COPR into the Service Ontario office).

dkosh

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Just up the road! That'd be Etobicoke. Sad news, because usually it's at least 8-10 weeks wait for a landing appointment :(. But, on the plus side, you're journey is basically at an end, and what's left is literally paperwork (like getting a Driver's license).

If he doesn't yet have OHIP, and you have the letter claiming he meets the eligibility to apply for a PR, visit here: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/ . Then Take the info over to Service Ontario and get his OHIP coverage started. There is a 3 month wait from the time they grant OHIP, until coverage begins. When he lands, update them (bring the COPR into the Service Ontario office).
We've waited this long, I'm sure 8-10 weeks will pass quickly enough.

He does have OHIP when we applied for his PR we sent the Work Permit request too, which he got last Feb. With his SIN and OHIP I got him on my insurance coverage at work (figured it's important since he works construction).