Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good Afternoon,
This morning I did my landing!
It was very simple and fast !!
I would like to thank @profiler for taking his time to answer not just mine but all our questions during this whole process.
Also everyone that contribute with any advice here.
You guys rock!

The lady told me between 4 and 6 weeks to receive the PR card (I am in Ottawa)
Cheers and Thank you again.
Congrats. According to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/ it's 61 days. But, we've been hearing of earlier. So, I hope it comes in sooner, but if not, that number used to be deadly accurate.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am a inland applicat for PR. My question has to do with my landing process. Do i have to leave the country and come back? or do i stay in country and go the immigration office?

A co worker told me i have to leave the country and come back. I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen.

Thank you for any help with my questions.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I am a inland applicat for PR. I was wondering if i have to do my landing process. Do i have to leave the country and come back? or do i stay in country and go the immogration office?

A co worker told me i have to leave the country and come back. I am being sponsored by my wife who os a Canadian citizen.

Thank you for any help wirh mu questions.
Dear John (See what I did there? :D),
Your co-worker is correct, given an old context. Given your situation, they are very incorrect. In fact, if you do try that, in some rare circumstances you could end up in some jeopardy -- so, don't follow their advice.

They are correct that it used to be the case. It still is, for OUTLAND applicants. INLANDERS do not 'flagpole'. CIC arranges an appointment for you to go to a local CIC office to land.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
Dear John (See what I did there? :D),
Your co-worker is correct, given an old context. Given your situation, they are very incorrect. In fact, if you do try that, in some rare circumstances you could end up in some jeopardy -- so, don't follow their advice.

They are correct that it used to be the case. It still is, for OUTLAND applicants. INLANDERS do not 'flagpole'. CIC arranges an appointment for you to go to a local CIC office to land.
Thanks you profiler,
You are very helpful! You are the residential expert, in my opinion.

Ok I just sit and wait for them tell me what office to go to for my landing. I figured if i left the country i could jeopardize my application.

What is flag poling?

reywill85

Apr 24, 2017
Usually this is sent to outlanders, or folks who have dependents overseas (where they are issuing a PPR).

Congrats. Without a Procedural Fairness Letter, this means you have been approved. You will probably, eventually, get a letter stating "We are pleased to advise you that processing is complete". They will schedule a landing appointment sometimes with that letter, sometimes without. Depends on the landing office.

Also, the landing appointment will take time to schedule. That also depends on the office, and how quickly they are looking to land you (if you have expiring Passport, Medical, or Security clearances, they will usually try to schedule you for an urgent landing). Time is usually 1-10 weeks.
Usually this is sent to outlanders, or folks who have dependents overseas (where they are issuing a PPR).

Congrats. Without a Procedural Fairness Letter, this means you have been approved. You will probably, eventually, get a letter stating "We are pleased to advise you that processing is complete". They will schedule a landing appointment sometimes with that letter, sometimes without. Depends on the landing office.

Also, the landing appointment will take time to schedule. That also depends on the office, and how quickly they are looking to land you (if you have expiring Passport, Medical, or Security clearances, they will usually try to schedule you for an urgent landing). Time is usually 1-10 weeks.
Thank you that is good to know.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks you profiler,
You are very helpful! You are the residential expert, in my opinion.

Ok I just sit and wait for them tell me what office to go to for my landing. I figured if i left the country i could jeopardize my application.

What is flag poling?
The rare circumstance I elude to, is not being able to return to Canada (no valid visa, etc). It's rare, but can happen. Same goes for any thing that could cause issue with CBSA granting re-entry.

Flagpoling is the term used to describe heading to the CAN-US border only to be turned around, so CBSA can "land" you.

Inlands don't get a COPR before landing. Outlanders do. The "Flagpoling" is where CBSA signs that paperwork for you.
CIC's local office will generate and sign it with you, when you land.

Reactions: john1234

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
The rare circumstance I elude to, is not being able to return to Canada (no valid visa, etc). It's rare, but can happen. Same goes for any thing that could cause issue with CBSA granting re-entry.

Flagpoling is the term used to describe heading to the CAN-US border only to be turned around, so CBSA can "land" you.

Inlands don't get a COPR before landing. Outlanders do. The "Flagpoling" is where CBSA signs that paperwork for you.
CIC's local office will generate and sign it with you, when you land.
Thank you for the help!!

Reactions: profiler

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

I'm March Applicant Inland. I call CIC and they said they completed my background check, and they start reviewing my eligibility now. Can someone tell me how long from now will i get the DM ? Thanksss

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

I'm March Applicant Inland. I call CIC and they said they completed my background check, and they start reviewing my eligibility now. Can someone tell me how long from now will i get the DM ? Thanksss
Hi, it's not really possible to answer this question. It's a good sign, but until they complete the eligibility, there is really no way to know. Typiccally, the eligibility review is fast enough that most people don't catch it, when it's happening. So, you may hear something about eligibility soon.

Reactions: chloecanada

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi, it's not really possible to answer this question. It's a good sign, but until they complete the eligibility, there is really no way to know. Typiccally, the eligibility review is fast enough that most people don't catch it, when it's happening. So, you may hear something about eligibility soon.
Hi,
Thank you so much Profiler for your answer. You are Hero here, always give people the good advices, i love that.
Can not wait for the update soon :)

Reactions: profiler

mhakel_25

Jan 10, 2016
Hi guys! So i just received mail from cic today and i was approved for eligibility.. they are asking to provide an overseas dependent form but i dont know what kind of form is this? Any idea guys? Also they are asking me again to send a police certificate even tho i send it when i sent my application package last aug 2016! Do i need to provide this again? Thanks guys

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys! So i just received mail from cic today and i was approved for eligibility.. they are asking to provide an overseas dependent form but i dont know what kind of form is this? Any idea guys? Also they are asking me again to send a police certificate even tho i send it when i sent my application package last aug 2016! Do i need to provide this again? Thanks guys
Do you have dependents (kids) overseas? Have you returned to the country who issued the PCC? If not, don't worry about it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spousal-sponsorship-hussen-progress-1.4533439

I expect stats shortly to be released to back this up. Considering the size of the Family backlog alone -- this is remarkable.
I was coming to post the exact same news. The very striking paragraph for me was this one:
"Immigration officials also have made a significant dent in what had become a vast backlog of files, bringing it from roughly 75,000 files down to about 15,000 in just over a year."