+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
@profiler

Hello, to everyone and today it is officially my last message to this blog. My husband got his landing today and he is officially a Permanent Resident in Canada. To make my story short, our application took 19 months and there were some up and down moments. We never paid a lawyer or anyone to help us with the application process since I decided to do everything myself even though it was my first time sponsoring someone. We met online and had never dated in person, however after 3 months talking online we decided to get married as crazy as it seems. He came here and we had an amazing wedding ceremony. We are officially 2 years married now and happy. We overcame many things, and even though many people said it would cause a problem for my husband to show up to immigration without his old passport but a new one, it didn't matter at all to immigration. To be honest etobicoke office was really fast and friendly staff and within 5 minutes things were process and done. To get our appointment from etobicoke office it took only 2 weeks as well. If others in this blog have any questions feel free to ask ..Good luck everyone !!!!!

Thanks to @profilier

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They didn't start Security when you called them. It's hard to say how long it will take. Things like your country of origin, and other countries you have visited can delay the screening.

They don't really care if you call them every day. But it will become demoralizing for you if you keep calling and don't here any different news. So, I would just relax. They will get it done.
we are trying to relax but as the 12 month time is approaching closer, its getting difficult.

we want to go outside the country but principal applicant does not have a visa (neither from a visa exempt country). i know people have crossed the border while in-land app is in processing, but we just don't want to take that risk.

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
we are trying to relax but as the 12 month time is approaching closer, its getting difficult.

we want to go outside the country but principal applicant does not have a visa (neither from a visa exempt country). i know people have crossed the border while in-land app is in processing, but we just don't want to take that risk.
don't take the risk and just wait things are much faster now...good luck

Reactions: profiler

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
@profiler

One thing i forgot to mention is that the immigration officer at the landing office in Etobicoke didn't even ask for the $490 fee but I did pay it online 5 days before the meeting day online and printed a copy to take with me to the meeting but she never ask for it just my ID and passport and my husband is passport and the letter they sent us for the meeting. Do you have an idea why?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler

Hello, to everyone and today it is officially my last message to this blog. My husband got his landing today and he is officially a Permanent Resident in Canada. To make my story short, our application took 19 months and there were some up and down moments. We never paid a lawyer or anyone to help us with the application process since I decided to do everything myself even though it was my first time sponsoring someone. We met online and had never dated in person, however after 3 months talking online we decided to get married as crazy as it seems. He came here and we had an amazing wedding ceremony. We are officially 2 years married now and happy. We overcame many things, and even though many people said it would cause a problem for my husband to show up to immigration without his old passport but a new one, it didn't matter at all to immigration. To be honest etobicoke office was really fast and friendly staff and within 5 minutes things were process and done. To get our appointment from etobicoke office it took only 2 weeks as well. If others in this blog have any questions feel free to ask ..Good luck everyone !!!!!

Thanks to @profilier
Congrats! Party time!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler

One thing i forgot to mention is that the immigration officer at the landing office in Etobicoke didn't even ask for the $490 fee but I did pay it online 5 days before the meeting day online and printed a copy to take with me to the meeting but she never ask for it just my ID and passport and my husband is passport and the letter they sent us for the meeting. Do you have an idea why?
Was there a link to your application number? Link to you at all?

Douglovatt

Nov 23, 2016
Just wondering if anybody knows how much longer we might have to wait or next steps.

I’m a uk citizen been living here since April 2016 and married in July 2016 to Canadian citizen. We have bought a house together etc

Applied on 13 Oct 2016, partner never got approval or anything. My online says processing background checks and checking eligibility etc and passed medical.

We believe we are a pretty simple case but just looking for an idea how much longer it might take and what the next response might be

Many thanks

Doug

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Was there a link to your application number? Link to you at all?
@profiler

I think I know why? I paid on july 2016 $1040 which included the right of PR fee as well. I just checked and I did pay the entire fee from the beginning and maybe this is why the officer didn't ask for it today when we went for the meeting since it was already paid. I have over paid them, oh this sucks, also i checked online for the fee i paid for the new open work permit application since I did the application online. The application automatic cancelled itself out so i guess immigration has cancelled the process for it since my husband is already a permanent residence. Anyone here has applied for a refund before?????????????? i don't know how to get my money back.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just wondering if anybody knows how much longer we might have to wait or next steps.

I’m a uk citizen been living here since April 2016 and married in July 2016 to Canadian citizen. We have bought a house together etc

Applied on 13 Oct 2016, partner never got approval or anything. My online says processing background checks and checking eligibility etc and passed medical.

We believe we are a pretty simple case but just looking for an idea how much longer it might take and what the next response might be

Many thanks

Doug
Should be any time now. When it happens, it will be fast and furious. Some have went from no activity to DM in as little as an hour.

What does ECAS (not myCIC) say?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler

I think I know why? I paid on july 2016 $1040 which included the right of PR fee as well. I just checked and I did pay the entire fee from the beginning and maybe this is why the officer didn't ask for it today when we went for the meeting since it was already paid. I have over paid them, oh this sucks, also i checked online for the fee i paid for the new open work permit application since I did the application online. The application automatic cancelled itself out so i guess immigration has cancelled the process for it since my husband is already a permanent residence. Anyone here has applied for a refund before?????????????? i don't know how to get my money back.
Yeah, that'd do it. Send a note via IRCC web form with both receipts that it was paid, and explain you paid the second time in error. They'll need your case number to verify (so include it). They will issue a refund on the new receipt no problem.

Douglovatt

Nov 23, 2016
Should be any time now. When it happens, it will be fast and furious. Some have went from no activity to DM in as little as an hour.

What does ECAS (not myCIC) say?
Thanks for the reply

Not sure what ECAS is

I go to CIC login, continue to GC key and find my info in there once I login.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Congrats on AIP and DM. Yes, a landing invitation is coming.
We are presently abroad on a family visit, my phone does not get any rooming in where we are. If IRCC cannot reach us for on phone-landing interview, what could happen? should we inform IRCC of our current travel?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We are presently abroad on a family visit, my phone does not get any rooming in where we are. If IRCC cannot reach us for on phone-landing interview, what could happen? should we inform IRCC of our current travel?
Clearly you have access to the internet. They will email your landing invite - telephone or in person.

When that comes, reply and advise them you're not in Canada. Advise them of your return date. They will reschedule.

Last edited:

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Clearly you have access to the internet. They will email your landing invite - telephone or in person.

When that comes, reply and advise them you're not in Canada. Advise them of your return date. They will reschedule.
ManyThanks Profiler, your lucid answers and comments have been always helpful