+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

ferrod

Nov 6, 2017
Hello,
I just got an email to schedule a telephone interview. Does anyone have experience with this? What's the difference from the landing interview?
and I would like to know how long after this interview are we going to be able to travel (aprox time) or what process is next? Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler @scylla
Hi! I remember seeing a post where someone mentioned if I you have your AIP you can take it to get OHIP.
Is that correct? If I already have my OHIP (OWP expiring on Feb 5/18), do I need to wait 3 months?
You can use OWP + an employment letter to get OHIP. There is a 90 day wait from when they can validate you're residing in Ontario (typically, they use your employment start date from your employment letter).

AIP also works. If you have the AIP letter.

However, in your case, you may want to wait for your landing (I recall reading you're waiting for Etobicoke to schedule). Because OHIP would only be valid until your OWP expiry.

See: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh, does that mean we have to wait at least two weeks for landing :(
We live in North York which i guess our application is processed at Etobicoke office
That's Etobicoke country.

Reactions: Melhem1

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Congrats.

I doubt they will even look at it. There is no low income cut off for spousal sponsorships. But yes, a contract and a recent pay stub should work fine.
would i need to prove my income as well for the landing interview. I have a problem immigration never received my husband is new passport information and the reason is because my husband application had already been completed and they cant longer attach the information to our application. We have the landing interview this friday and now are stuck. I told the immigration customer service that I have a colour and very well copy of my husband is lost passport. I scan a while back my husband is main passport information. You can tell very well, all his information and picture. I am taking that with me and also his new passport. I don't know if this will become a big problem???????????? have you hear from anyone with the same issue.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
You can use OWP + an employment letter to get OHIP. There is a 90 day wait from when they can validate you're residing in Ontario (typically, they use your employment start date from your employment letter).

AIP also works. If you have the AIP letter.

However, in your case, you may want to wait for your landing (I recall reading you're waiting for Etobicoke to schedule). Because OHIP would only be valid until your OWP expiry.

See: https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/how-do-i-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/
I received an email from CIC to schedule the phone interview on March 5th.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
would i need to prove my income as well for the landing interview. I have a problem immigration never received my husband is new passport information and the reason is because my husband application had already been completed and they cant longer attach the information to our application. We have the landing interview this friday and now are stuck. I told the immigration customer service that I have a colour and very well copy of my husband is lost passport. I scan a while back my husband is main passport information. You can tell very well, all his information and picture. I am taking that with me and also his new passport. I don't know if this will become a big problem???????????? have you hear from anyone with the same issue.
Yup, that's a big problem. Bring both passports. Otherwise, they cannot print a COPR...

Oct 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have been scheduled for my in-land landing interview (Etobicoke) on Feb 2nd.
I also have a visa application I applied for on January 8th (Visa on my work permit not related to PR application), because I have a travel plan for March 1st.

I wanted to reschedule my landing to be after my travel. But I still haven't received any email regarding my visa application. The visa processing time on the website is 7 days. So my question is, do you think these two applications are connected somehow? I mean, because they have seen I got the landing interview, they didn't process my visa??

Also, my second question is, since I am going out of the country and assuming that I get my visa, can my return be accounted for my landing? This is not really my priority at this point because I can't really miss my travel and I really need that visa, but in case I get it, do you think I can change my landing interview to really landing in the airport?

Many thanks for any help!!
Hi

I’m in the very similar situation. I decided to apply for a temporary visa for my coming trip in the first week of March. I submitted the online application on 24th Jan and my application was approved on Jan 26th. I was asked to send my passport to Ottawa office for a visa stamp which I did send on Jan 28th. Now get to the fun part, surprisingly I got a landing interview (I assumed) appointment on Feb 6th at Vancouver office. I was advised to email to the landing office as the Ottawa office can’t guarantee to send my passport back in time.

Today, I emailed the landing office, telling them that I don’t currently have the passport with me due to bla bla. I also attached a screenshot of a mail tracking system which showed it has been delivered to Ottawa office yesterday.

I’m still waiting for their response :)

For those who might be curious about the time line :
My application was recieved on Oct 12, 2016. No SA or AIP and I’ve never been able to link my application to the online system. Up until now, ECAS doesn’t even show decision made.

Thank you so much to everybody here especially those who actively respond to the posts and good luck to those who are still waiting :)

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello Everyone, im Nov 15th applicant and i got telephone interview email scheduled for 7th March, and my cic status shows Decision made for myself & my sponcer.. Pheww finally :) wishing all other applicants to get the PR approved soon :)

Any idea what questions would be for the telephone interview?

Reactions: mitulpatel

Navidpour

Jul 5, 2017
Hello All,

I have a multiple visa on the process that I applied for before I get my landing interview.
My landing interview is scheduled for Feb 2nd, but I still haven't heard back from my visa,
If I go for my landing on February 2nd and then receive my multiple visa decision after, can I still send my passport to Ottawa to get my multiple visa?

the reason I still want my visa is that I have a travel planned for the end of February and I am sure i won't get my PR before then.
Any thoughts?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello All,

I have a multiple visa on the process that I applied for before I get my landing interview.
My landing interview is scheduled for Feb 2nd, but I still haven't heard back from my visa,
If I go for my landing on February 2nd and then receive my multiple visa decision after, can I still send my passport to Ottawa to get my multiple visa?

the reason I still want my visa is that I have a travel planned for the end of February and I am sure i won't get my PR before then.
Any thoughts?
Hello, once you land and sign the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document, all visas and permit will be invalide. Thus, you will not be given visa. Your PR card for travel will be ready in 60days. If you have US visa then transit through the US on your way back to Canada and drive through the boarder with your CoPR.

Navidpour

Jul 5, 2017
Hello, once you land and sign the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document, all visas and permit will be invalide. Thus, you will not be given visa. Your PR card for travel will be ready in 60days. If you have US visa then transit through the US on your way back to Canada and drive through the boarder with your CoPR.
Thanks for your reply.
But I haven't received my visa yet, and the agent said,this two application are not connected at all, so I might receive an email regarding my visa soon, if I send my passport to the Ottawa office, do they know that I have a CoPR?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for your reply.
But I haven't received my visa yet, and the agent said,this two application are not connected at all, so I might receive an email regarding my visa soon, if I send my passport to the Ottawa office, do they know that I have a CoPR?
The agent is correct; so it @dok.

All visas are invalidated when you land. Including Work Permits, etc. They are not required for PR's to possess, therefore becoming invalid upon signing your COPR. eTA's as well.

They believed you were talking about Visitor Visa and PR visas as applications. They are not connected in this way.

Oct 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply.
Hello there

So today the landing office called me back and told me the same as @profiler and @dok have told you above. The officer said my multiple entry visa won’t be valided if I landed next week. The officer then has rescheduled my landing to the next day after my return, so that I can still go on my trip and return to Canada without any issues.

Also I was told by an IRCC agent when I called them yesterday that currently it may take up to 4 weeks till you get your passport back. (I applied on Jan 24th, decision made on Jan 26th) How long has it been since you submitted your Visa app?

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Hello All,
We get through myCIC a message entitled "Eligibility Passed",
the letter says "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.", I believe this must be AIP?
Also, Ecas shows "Decision Made" on both sides
So now we get just to wait for landing letter, Am i right?

Timeline:
Application: October 21st 2016
AOR: November 17th 2016
OWP: february 2017
Request to redo the medical: December 18th
Medical passed : December 27th
AIP-SA : January 30th 2018
DM (both side) on Ecas : January 31th 2018

Reactions: abcdmud