+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all!

I got my SA and PCC request today! However they say I have until January 11 to submit.. I do not think i will have the PCC ready on time (maybe by the end of january). Are those deadlines set on stone or are they referential? Im kinda scare i will not submit by that deadline and will get my application return.

thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Eduardo

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much for all your help, Profiler! Here's hoping I get my passport soon and can land shortly after!
Don't forget to advise CIC to delay your landing!!

Reactions: seraphim09

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello all!

I got my SA and PCC request today! However they say I have until January 11 to submit.. I do not think i will have the PCC ready on time (maybe by the end of january). Are those deadlines set on stone or are they referential? Im kinda scare i will not submit by that deadline and will get my application return.

thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Eduardo
Advise them via IRCC web form that you have applied to get your PCC, but that it might not be ready for Jan 11; you will send it immediately once it is available. Scan and supply a receipt (or some means of proof) that you applied for it. They will happily wait for it.

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Advise them via IRCC web form that you have applied to get your PCC, but that it might not be ready for Jan 11; you will send it immediately once it is available. Scan and supply a receipt (or some means of proof) that you applied for it. They will happily wait for it.
Thanks for the heads up! Will do!

cheers!

Reactions: profiler

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Hey guyz!!!!
Happy holidays to you n yours!!!!
I might not remember later and the month is running away with 2017.
All the best for 18

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
HEllo everybody! I just got a message in my fic account. It says the following:

“ It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. “

What does that mean? Is this the so called AIP?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guyz!!!!
Happy holidays to you n yours!!!!
I might not remember later and the month is running away with 2017.
All the best for 18
Likewise! But you'll remember ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

“ It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. “

Congrats! See it says you meet eligibility? That's AIP!

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017

My husband got this letter on August 2017 and now it saids processing background.check. But, good luck and congrats too.

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
How long does immigration take to finish processing your background check.???? I sent all my police criminal check and all my background information but why do they take so long to finish this stage since it is also the last stage before they make final decision.???

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted here. Basically, I'm sponsoring my wife and 3 year old daughter for PR in-country and already have her OWP, AIP and my SA from earlier this year.

I logged into ECAS today and it says "Decision Made" on both the Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status. Though when logged into my wife's CIC profile, her application status still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you". What does this all mean?

Also, since she has her OWP, we didn't have to do a visa extension, but I did one for our daughter for 6 months which expires 01-Jan-18. Without making assumptions, should I go ahead and extend it again for another 6 months (which has a cost attached) or does the "Decision Made" mean that a firm PR is expected?

Thanks for your advice!

Reactions: profiler

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
How long does immigration take to finish processing your background check.???? I sent all my police criminal check and all my background information but why do they take so long to finish this stage since it is also the last stage before they make final decision.???
Rosa, we've been waiting since September to see an update on my wife's background check. It really depends on where you have lived and the associated process to get criminal checks sorted by the relevant agencies. I believe Immigration Canada does get in touch with its international counterparts to confirm your police checks. For example, If you lived in the UK the process can be quicker than if you lived in India as Canada and the UK exchange intel fluidly. Profiler can confirm as he's probably got knowledge on this.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted here. Basically, I'm sponsoring my wife and 3 year old daughter for PR in-country and already have her OWP, AIP and my SA from earlier this year.

I logged into ECAS today and it says "Decision Made" on both the Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status. Though when logged into my wife's CIC profile, her application status still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you". What does this all mean?

Also, since she has her OWP, we didn't have to do a visa extension, but I did one for our daughter for 6 months which expires 01-Jan-18. Without making assumptions, should I go ahead and extend it again for another 6 months (which has a cost attached) or does the "Decision Made" mean that a firm PR is expected?

Thanks for your advice!
Congrats! She's done! They will contact you (her) for a landing sometime between now and 8 weeks (depending on where you live/what office she will land at).

Applications and Background checks remain "in progress" until the applicant lands.

Reactions: BoscoCanada

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
Congrats! She's done! They will contact you (her) for a landing sometime between now and 8 weeks (depending on where you live/what office she will land at).

Applications and Background checks remain "in progress" until the applicant lands.
Thanks Profiler. Would you recommend that I extend my daughter's visitor status (it expires in under 4 weeks) or should I ignore it and wait for their landing documentation?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks Profiler. Would you recommend that I extend my daughter's visitor status (it expires in under 4 weeks) or should I ignore it and wait for their landing documentation?
I do not believe they will even issue a visa to your daughter, as she is PR imminent. Having a visa is "illegal" for PR's, as they are not required. You technically do not require valid status for landing. They land a PR's without it.

SO, if she is attending school, I would just advise the school that she is about to land, and there isn't any real reason to extend the visa for now. If they demand it, well, then just put the application in. Supply the proof to them that you filed it before the expiry of her present visa, and she will be considered "implied" status. To be honest, I doubt they would even baulk at it. But if they do, CIC likely won't process the application before she lands anyway.