Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Very true. Probably for me more than others. I've made many new friends along the way. But there comes a time to call the mission complete -- ask G. W. (Bush).

Besides -- @meaningful1 was starting to think I was a robot... maaaan will he be royally disappointed when he finds out I am just some geeky kid...
Not really a robot. . . more like hybrid. Hey!!! On a serious note to all concerns
Something had to cause our path to cross. . . . its just a moment to sitback and look how much better we are together.
@ syl, hybrid Prof, Carroll, browning( getting white now) and all the others not mentioned. . . just show how beautiful the world can be when we are together. I still remember that profiler getting all ruffled n going off on leave. . talking about not coming back:mad:
I am really worried ,what is it will he be doing after leaving office :( not being like the father GW Bush I hope.
Much love guys

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Ahh yes. @masouleht @sylvain1 speaks truth here. If you were out of status when you applied, that would mean you are not eligible for an OWP until you reach AIP. Them granting the OWP would have to mean you have AIP. You can call to ask for a status update, and ask specifically if you have met eligibility requirements. If you passed those, then you're on track (like a lot of Summer-2016's).
You caught that too, huh? I shouldn't laugh, but that is was a running line from stand-up comedy for decades. "Take my wife, please!"
The only reason why I was not absolutely certain that @masouleht has AIP already is that he applied for restoration of status, but it took several months (I think something like 10 months after App received). So did he get his OWP because the restoration of status worked but took several months, or did he get his OWP because he got AIP (although no AIP letter)?

teemary

Mar 27, 2017
My sponsor side says “decision made”. Should I be expecting a letter sent to my sponsor in regards to the decision? Kindly advise the next step? Thanks

Reactions: esjen

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My sponsor side says “decision made”. Should I be expecting a letter sent to my sponsor in regards to the decision? Kindly advise the next step? Thanks
Congrats. You'll see an SA letter soon. They likely also looked at your relationship evidence at the same time. So I would watch for communication from them in the next couple days (to ask for more proofs, or an AIP letter)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Not really a robot. . . more like hybrid. Hey!!! On a serious note to all concerns
Something had to cause our path to cross. . . . its just a moment to sitback and look how much better we are together.
@ syl, hybrid Prof, Carroll, browning( getting white now) and all the others not mentioned. . . just show how beautiful the world can be when we are together. I still remember that profiler getting all ruffled n going off on leave. . talking about not coming back:mad:
I am really worried ,what is it will he be doing after leaving office :( not being like the father GW Bush I hope.
Much love guys
Agreed. Stars aligned.

In fact, I am only living out a promise. When it's time, I will slip into the ether, and will continue my relentless pursuit of happiness ;) Sans immi.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The only reason why I was not absolutely certain that @masouleht has AIP already is that he applied for restoration of status, but it took several months (I think something like 10 months after App received). So did he get his OWP because the restoration of status worked but took several months, or did he get his OWP because he got AIP (although no AIP letter)?
Well, how far out of status? If it's more than 90 days, resto won't work -- have to wait for AIP. That said, they can call and ask for a status update, and ask what's the status of the eligibility assessment...

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Agreed. Stars aligned.

In fact, I am only living out a promise. When it's time, I will slip into the ether, and will continue my relentless pursuit of happiness ;) Sans immi.
I am grateful that you stayed as long as you have, otherwise (personally) I would not have gotten through this without your wealth of knowledge. It was a crazy bumpy ride, but your words certainly helped me when I thought all was lost and hopeless. Right now, looking back, I cant imagine having to go it alone, as that is how I felt before finding this group. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for me and others.

Reactions: VIRGIEWOOLF

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am grateful that you stayed as long as you have, otherwise (personally) I would not have gotten through this without your wealth of knowledge. It was a crazy bumpy ride, but your words certainly helped me when I thought all was lost and hopeless. Right now, looking back, I cant imagine having to go it alone, as that is how I felt before finding this group. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for me and others.
Aww shucks. Thanks. You had @sylvain1 though -- he'd get you through. I am glad that you found it helpful. You'll probably find me around later on, when it's time for citizenship.... she has until May 2019!

Reactions: dskeard

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Today is one of those days that I am grateful I work in the software development industry. When you need heavy-duty processing power, usually that's easy to come by. No one notices when I run a 2 hour process that is intense on processing power.

Also, for those who are counting: I did do mathing last night. And I am mathing heavy now. I broke the cardinal rules...

Reactions: sylvain1

Nike90

Feb 3, 2016
Hello everyone,
My common law partner (pa) received his dm last wednesday on ecas but we havent received any email since then. Is this normal?

We just called cic and the automated response said that they are still doing his background check, medicals passed (should we call to
Speak to a person and not a computer, or continue waiting)

Below is our timeline

App sent -beginning of oct 2016 (dont remember exact date)
Aor - oct 11 2016
Medical request- Aug 10th
SA - DM on oct 10 th 2017
SA email - oct 13th 2017
PA - DM on ecas - oct 18th 2017

Since then we havent received any email confirming the PA DM.

We are from the province of nova scotia.
Thank you

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone,
My common law partner (pa) received his dm last wednesday on ecas but we havent received any email since then. Is this normal?

We just called cic and the automated response said that they are still doing his background check, medicals passed (should we call to
Speak to a person and not a computer, or continue waiting)

Below is our timeline

App sent -beginning of oct 2016 (dont remember exact date)
Aor - oct 11 2016
Medical request- Aug 10th
SA - DM on oct 10 th 2017
SA email - oct 13th 2017
PA - DM on ecas - oct 18th 2017

Since then we havent received any email confirming the PA DM.

We are from the province of nova scotia.
Thank you
It's normal. It can take upto 8 weeks to schedule a landing interview.

Nike90

Feb 3, 2016
Last wednesday we didnt get an email we just saw on ecas that on the principle’s side it shows decision made- (when you click on it though it just says medicals received)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Last wednesday we didnt get an email we just saw on ecas that on the principle’s side it shows decision made- (when you click on it though it just says medicals received)
I noticed that after, I thought I had seen that. Anyway I updated my reply. It's normal. it can take up to 8 weeks to schedule a landing interview. Your partner will be landing in Halifax...

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi, got email for the schedule of landing interview in Ottawa on 30th Oct. I am May 2016 applicant, SA and AIP received on 20th September 2017. ECAS showed DM (Applicant side) on 4th October, though no DM email. MyCIC is still showing old status. I hope this info would help few people who are summer 2016 applicants.
We will be seeing you in Ottawa on October 30th. Same landing schedule! :) Congrats!