Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello,

I just got a letter from cic stating:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Please let me know what this letter means. We do not have any children. My spouse's (Applicant) parents live back home. Do we have to submit their medical/backround checks? I checked ecas and the status says "Decision Made". We have not received SA or AIP yet. I am really confused what we need to submit. We have not paid our Landing Fees yet, however, I will paying for it this week. Thank you for your help!
Congrats. This is AIP. Next will be a decision and a landing :)

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
I am happy to find this place with so many people in the same situation, although it seems ours is taking forever. Our application is inland February 2016. Our file was sent to Etibocoke (maybe I am spelling that wrong) last May where the final decision has to be made. Any idea of how long it takes to be called for the interview? Is it possible that mine is taking so long because I have children?
Any words of encouragement are welcome. Love reading all the comments.
Good luck to all!
It could be the dependents. What did you send regarding them? Court order? Permission to move from your ex? Etc.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Yes, because you will still travel with the passport from your country of origin. Only after you get the Canadian citizenship and then a Canadian passport you will be able to travel to USA without a visa.

Got you
So let's play devil's advocate. . .
Why is it a green card holder travelling to Canada on a passport from country of origin not required to have visa to travel here.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
If your Jaimacan passport required a visa before, it still does.
Got you!!!
At my landing interview , the person conducting the interview mentioned having to wait 4 yes before applying for citizenship. . . I read elsewhere for time served before PR , each day in Canada counts as 1/2 day. I just don't remember where I saw that. Do you have that link?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Got you!!!
At my landing interview , the person conducting the interview mentioned having to wait 4 yes before applying for citizenship. . . I read elsewhere for time served before PR , each day in Canada counts as 1/2 day. I just don't remember where I saw that. Do you have that link?
I don't find back the link, but indeed it will be like that. However, that part of the law hasn't come into force yet. It is expected to come in force this fall. The requirement will become 1095 days (3 years) present in Canada out of 5 years. Each day spent in Canada will count as half a day (there is a maximum of 365 days (or 730 half days) that can be counted prior to PR).
In summary, if you're here for 2 years or more, you can apply for citizenship exactly 2 years after your landing.

Reactions: kokopelli and Tyara

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Got you
So let's play devil's advocate. . .
Why is it a green card holder travelling to Canada on a passport from country of origin not required to have visa to travel here.
I honestly never heard of that before, but I know that Canada's PR card doesn't allow you to enter USA without a visa, if you needed one before getting the PR card.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I don't find back the link, but indeed it will be like that. However, that part of the law hasn't come into force yet. It is expected to come in force this fall. The requirement will become 1095 days (3 years) present in Canada out of 5 years. Each day spent in Canada will count as half a day (there is a maximum of 365 days (or 730 half days) that can be counted prior to PR).
In summary, if you're here for 2 years or more, you can apply for citizenship exactly 2 years after your landing.
@meaningful1
The link is, Canada has a visa exempt regime for nearly 100 countries. So Visas are issued at the border for them. That's for the message regarding green card holders.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
thank you, this is the link I was looking for; I could not remember how to find it.
I find it by "Canada bill c6". Google has the Royal assent as the first response.

Reactions: sylvain1

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hi all! My landing interview is this Tuesday!! OMG! I'm so excited. Thanks to you all...because of you I understand what necessary documents I should bring with me, and you've brought me peace of mind during this process.

A couple more questions though....I filled out my PR Card application. Do I bring that with me to the interview? Also, in the sections regarding residency and occupation it states to only list the dates and places you've lived/worked/etc since becoming a permanent resident. Is it reasonable to have the first date box be filled with the day I land, and the second be filled with the same date? I want to mail that sucker in asap!

Cheers

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017

This news has me dancing! I did't realize this was the case. OMG

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all! My landing interview is this Tuesday!! OMG! I'm so excited. Thanks to you all...because of you I understand what necessary documents I should bring with me, and you've brought me peace of mind during this process.

A couple more questions though....I filled out my PR Card application. Do I bring that with me to the interview? Also, in the sections regarding residency and occupation it states to only list the dates and places you've lived/worked/etc since becoming a permanent resident. Is it reasonable to have the first date box be filled with the day I land, and the second be filled with the same date? I want to mail that sucker in asap!

Cheers
No PR Card application for you, missy!

When you land, the landing officer completes your COPR, gives you a copy, and sends the other copy to CPC Sydney. The first PR Card is included with your fees already, and it will be processed automatically on landing. Should arrive by mail 6-8 wks after landing.

That's why you have to bring more passport sized photos :)

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
This news has me dancing! I did't realize this was the case. OMG
For my wife too! She will be free from travel Visas forever!

Reactions: Tyara and sylvain1