FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone,
Aug 24, 2016 file received.
I see DM on both sides today but no email yet, I think we are very close now.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support provided on this forum, special thanks to "master" profiler
Congrats,I'm August 19 2016 applicant,I got my DM on both sides August 15 2017,and DM letter 3 days after!Good luck!U r almost done!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello Everyone,
Aug 24, 2016 file received.
I see DM on both sides today but no email yet, I think we are very close now.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support provided on this forum, special thanks to "master" profiler
Congratulations! You're done! Only the landing remains, so in 1-8 weeks, you'll officially become a PR!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Good morning dear friends

Can anyone tell me how long does security check take time?

Thank you
It's highly variable and quite unpredictable, but generally 3-6 months.

Reactions: profiler

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
As I said before, I wish they enforced contribution for the call centre agents on this forum.

In any case, our MP clearly stated, this is the official line, until December 15 2017. They have to level set the expectation, in the case where there is a problem with the file.

That said, ours was done within 14 months (13.5 -- and delayed clearly because of a medical that they couldn't extend). Considering the firestorm surrounding the area my wife is from, I am frankly surprised that it was finished as fast as it was. If you follow the five-eyes conspiracy, you'd know that Canada is the listening partner responsible for the Soviet Union -- so I guess it's not impossible -- BUT, many more are being finished under even the 12 months time frame now.

I would say this: For anyone who applied before December 15 2016, you were told clearly (or it was clearly available) that 26 months was the line -- was how long they said it would take. I can say, as of July 2017, they have had the largest turnover for applications to PR since they started recording the statistic. 47,705. If they continue the current pace, that's even more than their "maximum" in terms of the 2017 levels WRT spousal sponsorships.

That's two things: a tremendous achievement in balancing the safety (and that is very, very desirable for EVERYONE), and in the processing of PR's. I can appreciate how it feels to be waiting -- but the likelihood that you will be delayed to 26 months is almost zero.
Well said profiler!

I agree with you 100% I think for those still waiting, including myself, have a little more patience. It's extremely hard but I try to keep myself busy and not think too much about it, it will all come at the right time. It'a been almost 15 months for us, but that's fine, because as you said, when we applied, processing average time was 26 months but most are done much before the 26 months mark.

We should appreciate those officers working on these files a little more, I can not imagine doing their job, it is not easy! They are working harder and longer shifts now just to meet the demand and process the backlog. And who ever said CIC officers are idiots on this form, I am sorry, but you should be a little more appreciative of all the work they do for us and our safety. If you want to become a citizen of this country, you should appreciate it and appreciate those working for it!

I appreciate the new 12 month processing time, but if 12 months means poorer security checks/backgrounds, I am willing to wait even 5 years for for my husband's PR to finish because the safety and security of Canada is what originally brought my family here to Canada years years ago. I chose Canada because it is safe and I don't have to be scared for my kids and their future. If security and background checks even take 2 years, who cares!! Let it be. This is the MOST important part of any application.

Let us be more patient, some of you are still waiting and so am I :)

Last edited:

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Well said profiler!

I agree with you 100% I think for those still waiting, including myself, have a little more patience. It's extremely hard but I try to keep myself busy and not think too much about it, it will all come at the right time. It'a been almost 15 months for us, but that's fine, because as you said, when we applied, processing average time was 26 months but most are done much before the 26 months mark.

We should appreciate those officers working on these files a little more, I can not imagine doing their job, it is not easy! They are working harder and longer shifts now just to meet the demand and process the backlog. And who ever said CIC officers are idiots on this form, I am sorry, but you should be a little more appreciative of all the work they do for us and our safety. If you want to become a citizen of this country, you should appreciate it and appreciate those working for it!

I appreciate the new 12 month processing time, but if 12 months means poorer security checks/backgrounds, I am willing to wait even 5 years for for my husband's PR to finish because the safety and security of Canada is what originally brought my family here to Canada years years ago. I chose Canada because it is safe and I don't have to be scared for my kids and their future. If security and background checks even take 2 years, who cares!! Let it be. This is the MOST important part of any application.

Let us be more patient, some of you are still waiting and so am I :)

In terms of cic being idiots, we.. especially myself was referring to the agents who are clearly not qualified. I stand by that statement.. as for the cic officers, no one said anything negative towards them.

Mimit34

Aug 2, 2017
In terms of cic being idiots, we.. especially myself was referring to the agents who are clearly not qualified. I stand by that statement.. as for the cic officers, no one said anything negative towards them.
I may have read that part wrong, sorry. But not all CIC agents are idiots... And as you said, for the CIC officers, no one said anything negative. But, I just feel like many of "us" are complaining about processing times and next steps, we just have to keep in mind that they're not robots. That's all. My words were not directed towards a particular person on this forum, it was for everyone, including myself.

Thanks for the clarification

Sumaddi

Aug 23, 2017
It's advised not to travel out of the country during inland process. If she plans to travel a lot during the process, maybe the Outland route would be better. Having said that, several people did travel during the processing of their application and had no troubles re-entering Canada, but if she would be denied re-entry, the application could be considered abandoned. So there is always a risk.

If you apply Outland, she can stay here on her visitor visa, but she has to apply to extend her stay before it expires (typically she will be granted a 6 months visit when she will enter Canada). However, if you apply Outland, she cannot apply for the OWP and won't be eligible for OHIP until the landing.

Regarding OHIP if you apply inland, after she has the OWP and once she has a full-time job, she can ask a letter to her employer stating that they hire her for at least 6 months. With that in hands, she can apply for OHIP. Otherwise, she has to wait until she receives AIP, which arrives mostly at the end of the processing.
@sylvain1 @profiler Thanks alot for your answers.

So, with your understanding, she could be in canada as a visitor and yet we can apply to our home country visa office for outland application.

As for traveling, I would assume that if you dont have a OWP, and travel back and forth on the visitor visa, you are basically not able to justify the boarder agent that you intend to leave canada during this visit, as he will be able to see that a PR application is in process which means that you have all the intention of staying in canada permanently. Correct?
But if you have a OWP and then travel will the PR application is in process, then you have a legitimate reason of looking for a job or returning to your job, and dont not have to prove that you will be leaving canada.

Having said that, i was looking at the 2017 inland application time lines and there are not many AIPs. Are there any timelines as to how long from the date we apply, can we get SA/AIP?

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
In my personal experience with calling and talking to the agents they have been nice and friendly, but clearly clueless, I agree, not qualified idiots. I feel if you dont stick to a standard Q&A from a script they dont know how to answer. I had to tell them things that were happening with my account (ie: dates, emails)...one could not understand at all what I was talking about as far as DM showing on my ecas. And the info she finally did give me didnt match up as far as dates that they sent me emails, consistently 2 days later than I received them. I still cant comprehend that since they are the ones that sent me the emails.
Still am waiting for my landing appt. June 14th was DM, that is now 10+ weeks waiting according to ecas. The agent told me it would be 6 weeks at the most from the date of June 16th (the date she told me). Then I get the official DM letter on July 26th, stating St Johns will contact me for the appointment, another 4+ weeks have come and gone. Getting me nowhere.
I know all of you say to stay calm, just have patience, but my patience is gone now. I am so frustrated by the lack of knowledge from the agents you talk to. Frustrated with the waiting game. There is nothing special about my case, no extras were having to be done, no additional anything was requested, simple application, straight forward, and here we sit with everything on hold. And yes, I know, when applying it was said 26months, however, when you see others applying months after we did and then having already landed, it just toasts my bread.
Sorry for the rant, having one of those days. Getting so tired of this.
As I stated, this was my experience and mine only, not speaking about others good or bad, dont mean to cause flareup, arguments or whatever, just speaking out of frustration.
Going to see the MP this coming week.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
In my personal experience with calling and talking to the agents they have been nice and friendly, but clearly clueless, I agree, not qualified idiots. I feel if you dont stick to a standard Q&A from a script they dont know how to answer. I had to tell them things that were happening with my account (ie: dates, emails)...one could not understand at all what I was talking about as far as DM showing on my ecas. And the info she finally did give me didnt match up as far as dates that they sent me emails, consistently 2 days later than I received them. I still cant comprehend that since they are the ones that sent me the emails.
Still am waiting for my landing appt. June 14th was DM, that is now 10+ weeks waiting according to ecas. The agent told me it would be 6 weeks at the most from the date of June 16th (the date she told me). Then I get the official DM letter on July 26th, stating St Johns will contact me for the appointment, another 4+ weeks have come and gone. Getting me nowhere.
I know all of you say to stay calm, just have patience, but my patience is gone now. I am so frustrated by the lack of knowledge from the agents you talk to. Frustrated with the waiting game. There is nothing special about my case, no extras were having to be done, no additional anything was requested, simple application, straight forward, and here we sit with everything on hold. And yes, I know, when applying it was said 26months, however, when you see others applying months after we did and then having already landed, it just toasts my bread.
As I stated, this was my experience and mine only, not speaking about others good or bad, dont mean to cause flareup, arguments or whatever, just speaking out of frustration.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I do hope you land soon though. Hopefully your MP gets you a landing date with in a few days!

Reactions: dskeard

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
That is vert awful

But when did u get ur AIP?

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
I completely understand where you're coming from. I do hope you land soon though. Hopefully your MP gets you a landing date with in a few days!
thank you, I know you also are frustrated, I hope your case moves along too.

Reactions: dominicantiguan

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
thank you, I know you also are frustrated, I hope your case moves along too.
Thank you but I don't know what's worse. waiting for SA/AIP and DM or getting all three and waiting forever just for the interview. I'm sure you'd hear good news after speaking with your MP

Reactions: dskeard