AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
You needed to hit the local gas station! That's the part that shocked me in NB -- Gas Stations!

In Ontario, the "beer store" is an LCBO affiliate. So, local beer stores will have an LCBO close by. That's who sets the closing time.

This beer -- I got at the beer store. Even if you cannot get it there -- I might suggest the trip anyway :). We have room for occupation :).
We go to Montreal tomorrow, so I won't have time to check until at least Sunday. Monday rings the end of my vacation.... But as my wife's sister will continue her trip in Canada in Montreal from tomorrow and then to Toronto by the end of next week, a trip to Toronto is a possibility during the long weekend. But we didn't set anything yet.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We go to Montreal tomorrow, so I won't have time to check until at least Sunday. Monday rings the end of my vacation.... But as my wife's sister will continue her trip in Canada in Montreal from tomorrow and then to Toronto by the end of next week, a trip to Toronto is a possibility during the long weekend. But we didn't set anything yet.
PFFT

There is no "end to a vacation" (poorly paraphrased -- sorry! :) ). If your wife wants to visit the big smoke, we are about 45mins on the west side. The missus will take ANY reason to go into Toronto -- literally any -- and I'd be happy to meet up. You have my mail -- send me a heads up if that is in the cards for you!

Otherwise -- safe and awesome trip to MTL!

Edit: I should also point out, that, apparently the sweet "free air" has affected her. She had trouble breathing in Moscow -- at all. It was 32*C and she was gasping. Here, she said, even at 32*C she can still breathe. It's not terrible (to me, it's like breathing in water), but she could handle it. She had trouble breathing there, until she returned to Canada. Climate change is a Chinese hoax, for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
PFFT

There is no "end to a vacation" (poorly paraphrased -- sorry! :) ). If your wife wants to visit the big smoke, we are about 45mins on the west side. The missus will take ANY reason to go into Toronto -- literally any -- and I'd be happy to meet up. You have my mail -- send me a heads up if that is in the cards for you!

Otherwise -- safe and awesome trip to MTL!

Edit: I should also point out, that, apparently the sweet "free air" has affected her. She had trouble breathing in Moscow -- at all. It was 32*C and she was gasping. Here, she said, even at 32*C she can still breathe. It's not terrible (to me, it's like breathing in water), but she could handle it. She had trouble breathing there, until she returned to Canada. Climate change is a Chinese hoax, for sure!
Definitely, if we decide to go to Toronto, I'll let you know. We have no plans yet, but we will see how it goes.

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
As I said before, I wish they enforced contribution for the call centre agents on this forum.

In any case, our MP clearly stated, this is the official line, until December 15 2017. They have to level set the expectation, in the case where there is a problem with the file.

That said, ours was done within 14 months (13.5 -- and delayed clearly because of a medical that they couldn't extend). Considering the firestorm surrounding the area my wife is from, I am frankly surprised that it was finished as fast as it was. If you follow the five-eyes conspiracy, you'd know that Canada is the listening partner responsible for the Soviet Union -- so I guess it's not impossible -- BUT, many more are being finished under even the 12 months time frame now.

I would say this: For anyone who applied before December 15 2016, you were told clearly (or it was clearly available) that 26 months was the line -- was how long they said it would take. I can say, as of July 2017, they have had the largest turnover for applications to PR since they started recording the statistic. 47,705. If they continue the current pace, that's even more than their "maximum" in terms of the 2017 levels WRT spousal sponsorships.

That's two things: a tremendous achievement in balancing the safety (and that is very, very desirable for EVERYONE), and in the processing of PR's. I can appreciate how it feels to be waiting -- but the likelihood that you will be delayed to 26 months is almost zero.
Dear profiler
As I explained they received dec 14 2016 my application.and I know whoever apply after December 7 2016 its 12 months in the website.the agency told me today your application form is old package and new timeline for new applications started dec 15 2016
Is that true?
Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Definitely, if we decide to go to Toronto, I'll let you know. We have no plans yet, but we will see how it goes.
10-4. From QC, if I recall correctly, 12 hours? MTL is 5 from where I live, in reasonably good traffic..

The vacation never ends -- it just pauses for a short time. :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dear profiler
As I explained they received dec 14 2016 my application.and I know whoever apply after December 7 2016 its 12 months in the website.the agency told me today your application form is old package and new timeline for new applications started dec 15 2016
Is that true?
Thank you
I think you might be obsessing about something that is more a case of the "company line". Dec 15 2016 is when the 12 months or less came into being. Of everyone here, the vast majority are near the 12 month time frame, from application to landing. The reasons why they might try to level-set your expectation is obvious. If you follow this thread on the forum, you'd notice that people have been seeing delays in their security clearances or background checks. This is directly attributed to an asylum overage from previous years, plus the recent border jumping by what I like to call Trumpugees -- political refugees from the US.

If they promise 12 months to you, then are unable to deliver because of extraneous or external circumstances, how would you feel? You wouldn't care. You'd (possibly rightly) place all the blame on CIC. So, the official line is 26 months. That said, many are landing near the 12-14 month mark. Some are landing sooner, depending on what batches their application seems to fall in, and how long it takes to get intel information on them.

Tboychuk

Oct 21, 2015
WPG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-09-2016
If my PR spousal sponsorship application was received on Sept 14 2016 could I possibly get AIP in the next few months? I am getting cabin fever!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If my PR spousal sponsorship application was received on Sept 14 2016 could I possibly get AIP in the next few months? I am getting cabin fever!
If this question is directed at me, I would expect you would land before October. Assuming there is no problem with the file.

I do wonder, if you applied for an OWP. If not, do you have status? If not, you can take up fishing! Or, you can volunteer or take up a sport to help to eliviate the pressure.

Reactions: sylvain1

Tboychuk

Oct 21, 2015
WPG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-09-2016
If this question is directed at me, I would expect you would land before October. Assuming there is no problem with the file.

I do wonder, if you applied for an OWP. If not, do you have status? If not, you can take up fishing! Or, you can volunteer or take up a sport to help to eliviate the pressure.
I was out of status when the OWP was sent in so I will not have it until AIP if what I have seen is correct.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I was out of status when the OWP was sent in so I will not have it until AIP if what I have seen is correct.
So, there are other things you can do to help the cabin fever. I do understand what you are saying. If you give me a region, I can make suggestions. But either taking up a sport, or helping out in the community might help to reduce the pressure. Unfortunately this is not paid activities.

If you require paid activities, some employers do permit remote work. As long as there is no Canadian office -- if there is, that poses a problem with permits...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
They asked for 3 schedule a's from me in the 2 years of waiting, I just kept sending them. I'm sure they were all correct. I'm not sure why they do that lol.
Sorry, I just noticed you had commented and I hadn't replied. I have extended the offer for others, so if you me to review what you sent for IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 (those are a pair that have to match), send me a PM and we can work out a means to get those to me.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
10-4. From QC, if I recall correctly, 12 hours? MTL is 5 from where I live, in reasonably good traffic..

The vacation never ends -- it just pauses for a short time. :)
No much less, Quebec-Montreal is a bit less than 3 hours, so totally about 8 hours for Quebec-Toronto.

Reactions: profiler

RK10

Apr 21, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Aug 24, 2016 file received.
I see DM on both sides today but no email yet, I think we are very close now.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support provided on this forum, special thanks to "master" profiler

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Aug 24, 2016 file received.
I see DM on both sides today but no email yet, I think we are very close now.
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support provided on this forum, special thanks to "master" profiler
Congrats

Can u tell when did u get AIP?