thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: So the apparent immigration officer from service Canada called today again and she missed it again (in a meeting). Despite that, I or my wife cannot reach her (always goes to VM), neither is there any email or message in my CIC. Now I am smelling some foul play, could it be some scam? I am going to call CIC tomorrow, told her to do that as well if she gets time.

Sam

Same it could be was there a phone number because if it was cic would be an priviate or unlisted number

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: So the apparent immigration officer from service Canada called today again and she missed it again (in a meeting). Despite that, I or my wife cannot reach her (always goes to VM), neither is there any email or message in my CIC. Now I am smelling some foul play, could it be some scam? I am going to call CIC tomorrow, told her to do that as well if she gets time.

Sam
Call CIC. Ask if they've been trying to reach you. State someone's leaving messages, but is never available. Ask to leave a note to have them email or send a mycic message?

When you talk to them, use the officer's name, identification number and the number being left to call.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Sam8119 said:

Sam
Sounds like a scam to me. If they start asking for a SIN number, hang up. Service Canada doesn't even deal with immigration.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
polarvolcano said:
Sounds like a scam to me. If they start asking for a SIN number, hang up. Service Canada doesn't even deal with immigration.

Thinking tga

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Or passport number, or any simple details from the paperwork you submitted. They will not ask you to verify that stuff. Says it right on the CIC link I pasted...

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Hope-for-luck said:
Congrats Zumbagirl, My wife landed today afternoon and waited
for 15 minutes, the questions were very easy, - asked the sponsor do you know that you have to
financially support your spouse for 3 years whether separate or divorce, do you want to
proceed ? , Asked the PA - 3 questions- dependent, criminal, denied entry etc ,
No No No , then finished, said congrats and asked if we have any question. only took
5-10 minutes . but Service canada waited for 1 1/2 hour for the SIN #.
It's a long journey and painfully process, we are glad that it reached to the end with
happy ending.
thanks a lot for the people who helped us in this forum especially Profile is very knowledgeable
and provided a lot of expertise. Best wishes with all of you.
congrats my friend!!!
glad to hear that everything went smoothly!
ZumbaG

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
profiler said:
I think I will say no with a smile on my face when they ask me if I wish to proceed.

Wait... why didn't we hear from you yesterday then??? Hung over I bet...

Well it's been a slice, ZG. Congrats. See you at citizenship testing!
Thanks Profiler! you guys are almost there also!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
carolbb23 said:
Same it could be was there a phone number because if it was cic would be an priviate or unlisted number
I would absolutely never answer a private or unlisted number

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
meaningful1 said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/htmlview?pli=1#

Seems most of the applicants March 2016 has gotten SA and AIP
So its on to those of April2016
wha-?!?!?! I'm March and nothing at all here yet..... :( :( :( :'(

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
zumbagirl said:
congrats my friend!!!
glad to hear that everything went smoothly!
ZumbaG
Thanks ZumbaG, the people in CIC Ottawa are very friendly and treated everyone so well,
that was the first time i have been there eventhough i have been in Ottawa since i was a
teenager, so fast and so efficient it made you feel so comfortable.
- We will celebrate in the Thai New Year 2017 at Ottawa City Hall, everyone's welcome
no Admission fee April 22nd Saturday 2-5pm.

Best wishes, Zumbag.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
on closer look it seems meaningful is interpreting things based on what looks like a bunch of queue-jumpers from before, most of those March applicants somehow had SA way back in 2016.... if you look chronologically, the proper order seems to be that profiler is the only March applicant recently getting SA and his application was the very beginning of March, so I think it is premature to think that they are done March and on to April now

feeling a bit more relieved after looking at that (other than the stress of seeing most of March got SA in July.... not me :( .... but yeah, really other than the anomalies, it seems nobody in March has SA yet except profiler (March 2)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
on closer look it seems meaningful is interpreting things based on what looks like a bunch of queue-jumpers from before, most of those March applicants somehow had SA way back in 2016.... if you look chronologically, the proper order seems to be that profiler is the only March applicant recently getting SA and his application was the very beginning of March, so I think it is premature to think that they are done March and on to April now

feeling a bit more relieved after looking at that (other than the stress of seeing most of March got SA in July.... not me :( .... but yeah, really other than the anomalies, it seems nobody in March has SA yet except profiler (March 2)
Matthars was about a week before me. And polar just before Matthars.

While they wait for our medical, I believe they're working on March apps.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@VoodooGirl (and anyone else who cares to comment on my musing): I am curious. Since pretty much all of our other communications from CIC (AOR, SA, Medical request, and AIP) were all on Tuesdays (save for the error PCC request, which was a Wednesday; in a batch), you don't suppose they will finish our case on a Tuesday as well, do you? Is it possible that we will have to further reduce the brine for Tuesdays (now that ECAS seems to be updated more frequently than MyCIC)?

Apr 5, 2017
Hello All, I submitted my inland spousal PR application on 15th December 2016 and as per AOR, processing on my application started on 29th Dec 2016.
I came to Canada in 2015 on a visitor visa (valid till 2023) but since one can stay on a visitor visa for max 6 months, i applied for an extension in Feb 16 which was granted in June-16 allowing me to stay in Canada for further 6 months i.e till 31st Dec 2016.

My concern is that at the moment my visitor visa extension is expired since I didn't apply for a further extension post submitting my sponsorship application. Will I receive OWP in this case? I would really appreciate any advice on this matter.