upfront
File Transfer...
March 30 ,2017
Med's Request
February 8 , 2017
Med's Done....
February 9 , 2017
profiler said:
What office was it in before? Couple possible reasons for this. In our case, we have AIP, and the applicant side in ECAS still says "Application Received".
It was in Edmonton where i live

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
peaceman said:
It was in Edmonton where i live
Yeah, I was about to ask if it was Edmonton.

Edmonton apparently is overwhelmed. They've been redirecting cases to Vancouver. Vancouver is like Etobicoke (with a reputation for being an office that handles relationship assessments), but they can also finish up cases for other offices in the domestic processing network. The later seems to be the case of late (last 4 months or so).

peaceman

Mar 28, 2017
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta/Vancouver,BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 , 2016
AOR Received.
April 8 , 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
March 30 ,2017
Med's Request
February 8 , 2017
Med's Done....
February 9 , 2017
profiler said:
Yeah, I was about to ask if it was Edmonton.

Edmonton apparently is overwhelmed. They've been redirecting cases to Vancouver. Vancouver is like Etobicoke (with a reputation for being an office that handles relationship assessments), but they can also finish up cases for other offices in the domestic processing network. The later seems to be the case of late (last 4 months or so).
I hope so because the message said "your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver for further assessment"
to make decision maybe they need interview or additional documents

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Hi everyone.

I know this forum says 2016 but I hope for some help.

I have a few questions about the new application package.
My husband is sponsoring me and my dependant child. Here are my Questions.

1. I had apply to extend my stay as a visitor. I have not received a response about my application. Only a letter of confirmation that they received it. Do I include this letter in my application for PR.

2. Who are considered family members? Can my grandmother and uncle be included in the application to come to Canada?

3. It state that I should include all family members birth certificate. Does this mean aunts, uncles and cousins too?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Den den said:
Hi everyone.

I know this forum says 2016 but I hope for some help.

I have a few questions about the new application package.
My husband is sponsoring me and my dependant child. Here are my Questions.
Hi, I will do my best to help..

Den den said:
1. I had apply to extend my stay as a visitor. I have not received a response about my application. Only a letter of confirmation that they received it. Do I include this letter in my application for PR.
Yes include this. Also, if you are inland, you will have implied status until they send you the work permit (if you applied for it).

Den den said:
2. Who are considered family members? Can my grandmother and uncle be included in the application to come to Canada?
No, you will need to make another application to sponsor your grandmother, once you land. You cannot sponsor your uncle.

Den den said:
3. It state that I should include all family members birth certificate. Does this mean aunts, uncles and cousins too?
No. family is your immediate family. Your partner, your child, and yours.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
peaceman said:
I hope so because the message said "your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver for further assessment"
to make decision maybe they need interview or additional documents
It can also be that they selected your application at random for a QA check too. But, don't worry, I am sure it will all be fine.

In our case, we got SA and AIP a week apart. We are not sure why or how it worked out that way.

peaceman

Mar 28, 2017
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta/Vancouver,BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 , 2016
AOR Received.
April 8 , 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
March 30 ,2017
Med's Request
February 8 , 2017
Med's Done....
February 9 , 2017
profiler said:
It can also be that they selected your application at random for a QA check too. But, don't worry, I am sure it will all be fine.

In our case, we got SA and AIP a week apart. We are not sure why or how it worked out that way.
Thank you and we hope for the best :)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Me?? Stress?? NEVER.

Except that one time.... you know.... when they wouldn't answer me with case notes. That's pissed me off something fierce. So, I brought in the artillery (MP's office). Everything is fiiiine now..

yes and after that was ok

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
yes and after that was ok
I probably still could have (even can) used the Xanax... maybe even Valium...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
I probably still could have (even can) used the Xanax... maybe even Valium...

I know it's almost done

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
I am still a bit confused about the family members.

It states that I should include all family members and I don't then I will be able to sponsor them at a later date.

1. Is my mother father and sister a family member?

2. If I don't include their birth certificate now. How will I be able to sponsor them at a later date.

3. In 2015 we visited my husband together. And there was a lot of questions about not having a letter from my sons father. I explain that his name is not stated on my sons birth certificate because he refuses to sign. We were allowed to enter and stayed for 3 weeks. I don't have a letter from my son father WHAT Should I Do?

4.My name is misspelled on my sons birth certificate with 2 L's rather than 1 L. I apply for a visitor visa for him with the same birth certificate and was approved. Can I submit my application with the error or do I need to correct this?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Den den said:
It states that I should include all family members and I don't then I will be able to sponsor them at a later date.

1. Is my mother father and sister a family member?
Only on the Family information form. They are not you or your child (they are not being sponsored by your partner). For the purposes of your application, the family context is you, your son, and your partner. On the family information form you fill out, you must include Mother, Father, etc, as requested.

Den den said:
2. If I don't include their birth certificate now. How will I be able to sponsor them at a later date.
If you choose to sponsor your parents later, that is a separate sponsorship package. Their birth certificates will be supplied at that time.

Den den said:
3. In 2015 we visited my husband together. And there was a lot of questions about not having a letter from my sons father. I explain that his name is not stated on my sons birth certificate because he refuses to sign. We were allowed to enter and stayed for 3 weeks. I don't have a letter from my son father WHAT Should I Do?
Expect to answer about this to CIC as well. Probably will trigger an interview. So be prepared for that. I would also include a letter with your package explaining that your child's father does not participate in his life, and refused to sign anything. You will likely need to figure out with CIC what they want to see in this case. It may be a court order. But hard to say.

Den den said:
4.My name is misspelled on my sons birth certificate with 2 L's rather than 1 L. I apply for a visitor visa for him with the same birth certificate and was approved. Can I submit my application with the error or do I need to correct this?
You can try. They might return it. But there is no harm in trying, right?

luckygirll

Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Request
25-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
hi, I'm the applicant of last March,2016. Recently I received a medical request and did the exam last week. My cic account status showed my application and background check is in process and not start the eligibility yet. I haven't had my SA and AIP yet. Could anybody tell me am I on the track with most people considering the timeline? How long does it take to DM? Any predictions? Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
luckygirll said:
hi, I'm the applicant of last March,2016. Recently I received a medical request and did the exam last week. My cic account status showed my application and background check is in process and not start the eligibility yet. I haven't had my SA and AIP yet. Could anybody tell me am I on the track with most people considering the timeline? How long does it take to DM? Any predictions? Thanks!
You're on track...

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
luckygirll said:
same here, nothing started yet at all, we sent in our medical at the beginning without being asked for it, so they never asked , but nothing else seems to have been started at all