Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SGuptaWadhawan said:
Hello All, I submitted my inland spousal PR application on 15th December 2016 and as per AOR, processing on my application started on 29th Dec 2016.
I came to Canada in 2015 on a visitor visa (valid till 2023) but since one can stay on a visitor visa for max 6 months, i applied for an extension in Feb 16 which was granted in June-16 allowing me to stay in Canada for further 6 months i.e till 31st Dec 2016.

My concern is that at the moment my visitor visa extension is expired since I didn't apply for a further extension post submitting my sponsorship application. Will I receive OWP in this case? I would really appreciate any advice on this matter.
If you submitted an OWP with your application, you have implied status. You're still a visitor. As you sent the application in on December 15, and they even started processing on December 29th. As long as there is an OWP, you're fine. If there was no OWP in the application package, you wouldn't have implied status. OWP is the key ;).

Apr 5, 2017
profiler said:
If you submitted an OWP with your application, you have implied status. You're still a visitor. As you sent the application in on December 15, and they even started processing on December 29th. As long as there is an OWP, you're fine. If there was no OWP in the application package, you wouldn't have implied status. OWP is the key ;).
Thank You Profiler! :)
Yes, I did apply for OWP with my PR application. but I have no individual proof/acknowledgement for the same. When should I expect to receive my open work permit? I am not able to get any information online or through call centre helpline. This is what online status says overall
1)We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2016.
2) We started processing your application on December 29, 2016.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
@VoodooGirl (and anyone else who cares to comment on my musing): I am curious. Since pretty much all of our other communications from CIC (AOR, SA, Medical request, and AIP) were all on Tuesdays (save for the error PCC request, which was a Wednesday; in a batch), you don't suppose they will finish our case on a Tuesday as well, do you? Is it possible that we will have to further reduce the brine for Tuesdays (now that ECAS seems to be updated more frequently than MyCIC)?
I've been wondering the same thing. There is some internal significance with Tuesdays, probably just a day they put aside to send out communication....I fee like our landing might be more of a Thursday event :D

In other news.....A goose lunged at my head this morning and proceeded to chase me in my company's parking lot.....I wish SA & AIP, DM & Landing came at my head that way too. :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SGuptaWadhawan said:
Thank You Profiler! :)
Yes, I did apply for OWP with my PR application. but I have no individual proof/acknowledgement for the same. When should I expect to receive my open work permit? I am not able to get any information online or through call centre helpline. This is what online status says overall
1)We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2016.
2) We started processing your application on December 29, 2016.
OWP is a separate application. You will get the permit in approximately 4 months (likely not earlier). But, rest assured, you have implied visitor status until you get that.

Some have had success finding or linking to their OWP applications in MyCIC. We didn't, but you can try...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
I've been wondering the same thing. There is some internal significance with Tuesdays, probably just a day they put aside to send out communication....I fee like our landing might be more of a Thursday event :D

In other news.....A goose lunged at my head this morning and proceeded to chase me in my company's parking lot.....I wish SA & AIP, DM & Landing came at my head that way too. :D
Geese are terrible. Like emboldened millennials....

That said, maybe the goose has information re: CIC File?

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Geese are terrible. Like emboldened millennials....

That said, maybe the goose has information re: CIC File?
Emboldened millennials are the worst!

That goose needs to go back to Hogwarts aka CIC to work on it's delivery skills, an Owl would never aim right for my head on a good hair day...

Then again, it was a goose that laid the golden egg... damnit all these mixed signals i can't take it :-\

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Anxiety is a brute of an emotion ha ha ha
And am not referring to profiler ha ha ha
Its all about me, so while I anticipate march 2016 applicants be completed so April can come on stream I still have a far way to go.
Seriously, I anticipate by easter weekend most of Marck apps will have SA and AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
meaningful1 said:
Anxiety is a brute of an emotion ha ha ha
And am not referring to profiler ha ha ha
Its all about me, so while I anticipate march 2016 applicants be completed so April can come on stream I still have a far way to go.
Seriously, I anticipate by easter weekend most of Marck apps will have SA and AIP.
profiler seems like a brute... but really not. Terse language is a function of my job/life.

I suspect by end of april, march will be finished. They seem to be about 14 months from date of receipt right now.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Ok so I just spoke with Customer Service branch with the FBI...YES THEY MAIL reports to ANY Country Including Canada,, she also checked my status,, My Fingerprint check is completed and Was MAILED TO my address in Ontario Canada March 30th.. Man had me worried for Nothing ,,,This is why I always check information I read if I have been informed other wise. FBI - done woohoo

WOLFHAWK said:
I went thru the FBI directly, I called and asked if it was mailed to me directly in Canada will they mail it to Canada,, The Lady at the FBI Office in West Virginia said they would.. I am half way thru the 14 week processing that they take... My Lawyer Only had to send a letter to CIC-CPC Miss, saying we have applied for the FBI Check and the processing time is up to 14 weeks, She sent that to CIC-CPC in Mississauga On Ca

You got me concerned now about this.
If you don't mind where did you get the information that they will not Mail to Canada ??

Now I am going to Call them today and verify that will mail it to Canada,
If not wow that's going to be a huge problem !!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Ok so I just spoke with Customer Service branch with the FBI...YES THEY MAIL reports to ANY Country Including Canada,, she also checked my status,, My Fingerprint check is completed and Was MAILED TO my address in Ontario Canada March 30th.. Man had me worried for Nothing ,,,This is why I always check information I read if I have been informed other wise. FBI - done woohoo
If that worried you, maybe we should get you some Xanax for the later stages of the process? ;) like the not hearing anything at all for months at a time...

Dooon't worry... reeelax..

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
If that worried you, maybe we should get you some Xanax for the later stages of the process? ;) like the not hearing anything at all for months at a time...

Dooon't worry... reeelax..

you remember how we would stress out in the firsthe stage

peaceman

Mar 28, 2017
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta/Vancouver,BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 , 2016
AOR Received.
April 8 , 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
March 30 ,2017
Med's Request
February 8 , 2017
Med's Done....
February 9 , 2017
WOLFHAWK said:
Don't worry about it i takes them almost 3 months or less to send them back to your home address after you send them the fingerprint .
i did them last year in July and i received them by mail early october

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
you remember how we would stress out in the firsthe stage
Me?? Stress?? NEVER.

Except that one time.... you know.... when they wouldn't answer me with case notes. That's pissed me off something fierce. So, I brought in the artillery (MP's office). Everything is fiiiine now..

peaceman

Mar 28, 2017
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta/Vancouver,BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 , 2016
AOR Received.
April 8 , 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
March 30 ,2017
Med's Request
February 8 , 2017
Med's Done....
February 9 , 2017
Hey Profiler , is it weird not receiving AIP after 1 week from S.A ?
instead of receiving the AIP my file was send to Vancouver and today when i checked the ecas applicant side it say "In Process" before it was always saying app received

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
peaceman said:
Hey Profiler , is it weird not receiving AIP after 1 week from S.A ?
instead of receiving the AIP my file was send to Vancouver and today when i checked the ecas applicant side it say "In Process" before it was always saying app received
What office was it in before? Couple possible reasons for this. In our case, we have AIP, and the applicant side in ECAS still says "Application Received".