Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
puddinghh said:
I don't have a OHIP now. I was covered under UHIP by my university until last December. Am I eligible for applying OHIP as soon as I get the COPR after interview?
Do you have AIP letter? If yes, you were eligible at that date. If you can prove your residency (working, etc), they will/can waive the 90 day waiting period. If not, your COPR will serve as proof. They will probably impose the 90 day wait.

You will need a Full Service, Service Ontario office to sign up. That one on Queen and Duke is the only one in the region.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
profiler said:
Does it say "we are pleased to advise you that processing is now complete"? Or that they will complete processing at the interview?

Did they ask you to bring anything?
Hi Profiler. My online says Decision Made on it and the letter they sent asked me to bring my passport and work permit to the appointment when they send me the time and date of the appointment. I have heard that it usually takes them 1 or 2 weeks from that initial letter to send another one stating the time and place for the meeting. I am hoping this is just a face to face where they say 'well done, here is your permanent residency papers and we will send you a card in the post.'

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Crais84 said:
Hi Profiler. My online says Decision Made on it and the letter they sent asked me to bring my passport and work permit to the appointment when they send me the time and date of the appointment. I have heard that it usually takes them 1 or 2 weeks from that initial letter to send another one stating the time and place for the meeting. I am hoping this is just a face to face where they say 'well done, here is your permanent residency papers and we will send you a card in the post.'
Strange. Just a PP and a WP? They asked for a WP??

I mean, if the letter doesn't say, "In order to continue processing", then I guess it's positive...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
"In the sticks" :)

Etobicoke is like 7-8 weeks to hear for an appointment now. Imagine that. And within a week, BAM you're landed in KW.
It will be pretty funny if KW starts calling people and asking them to come in on their lunch hour the next day to land!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
It will be pretty funny if KW starts calling people and asking them to come in on their lunch hour the next day to land!
I'm totally in. Do it up!

My boss is an Indian who grew up in Manchester UK. My team lead moved to Waterloo from Paris, France to work for BlackBerry (they sponsored his PR). You can imagine what it's like working here. So, when I described what's happening with the missus, and told them I need to re-do meds, my boss rolled his eyes. "F**k, I remember that s**t from back in the day. Pretty annoying. You just send me an email and do what you've got to do to finish that up."

So, Landing Lunch, I am totally down for. If you stop at Market Square, you can even bring them Egyptian food from the food court -- maybe it reduces the question count to 0? > : D

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:

My boss is an Indian who grew up in Manchester UK. My team lead moved to Waterloo from Paris, France to work for BlackBerry (they sponsored his PR). You can imagine what it's like working here. So, when I described what's happening with the missus, and told them I need to re-do meds, my boss rolled his eyes. "F**k, I remember that s**t from back in the day. Pretty annoying. You just send me an email and do what you've got to do to finish that up."

So, Landing Lunch, I am totally down for. If you stop at Market Square, you can even bring them Egyptian food from the food court -- maybe it reduces the question count to 0? > : D
I'll counsel the gods on this one later today...see what we can work out.
I have a feeling they won't be pleased, they frown on excessive self-serving agendas

My financial adviser had the same reaction when I explained our current situation. He sponsored his wife and had a hell of a time with them too.....another friend of mine from Guyana waited close to THREE YEARS for his wife to land under Outland...mind you this was back in the day( 4 years ago i would say) when that process took about a year

I would even take some sushi in for the KW Office!
Too bad “Rice Cream” sushi on Leslie closed down so suddenly…that was good stuff!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
I'll counsel the gods on this one later today...see what we can work out.
I have a feeling they won't be pleased, they frown on excessive self-serving agendas

My financial adviser had the same reaction when I explained our current situation. He sponsored his wife and had a hell of a time with them too.....another friend of mine from Guyana waited close to THREE YEARS for his wife to land under Outland...mind you this was back in the day( 4 years ago i would say) when that process took about a year

I would even take some sushi in for the KW Office!
Too bad “Rice Cream” sushi on Leslie closed down so suddenly…that was good stuff!
See, the voodoo gods *should* be happy. And it's not *really* self-serving. You're asking on behalf of all those who are lucky enough to land in Kitch. That negates the "self" part :).

Enh, wishful thinking. That said, to know it's sooo close, and it's sooo fast after DM is totally killing me.

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
dimigago said:
heeey people, I right now received email "i am pleased to advise you that the processing of your app for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for" and then it is the date and what I need to have with me on that day...
I am so happy, I supposed that is the landing interview.. :D :D :D
CONGRATS!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mia1588 said:
Thanks profiler! Yeah, we have been calling them and apparently everything is fine, they have everything, and just asks us to wait... We are considering to reach out to an MP now, the wait has become unbearable now that people after us are starting to get movement!

We should be landing in Etobicoke, but doesn't seem like we've missed any communications. Feels like our VO has gone on vacation or something LOL

And just saw your update above! Congrats on AIP!!!
Hey thanks. We were pretty surprised too..

So, there is two possibilities here that I see. Did they tell you they transferred the file to a local VO? What I see:
- Your file was already DM'ed and sent to Etobicoke. They are like a convenience store that pumps out visas at all hours now (it seems). But the wait for them to reply is like 7-8 wks..
OR
- Your file was transferred to Etobicoke for "review". If that's the case, they could be assessing the proofs and deciding to interview or not. I don't suspect this to be the case, but I also don't know what you supplied as proofs.

CIC has turned into a ridiculous visa machine and they are quite obviously churning applications out pretty fast now (those who are already in the queue), that is).

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:

i know his medical expired we did it Nov 2,2015 now we are waiting for imm1017 they change the rules you have to wait for the request stupID lawyer made a mistake

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
i know his medical expired we did it Nov 2,2015 now we are waiting for imm1017 they change the rules you have to wait for the request stupID lawyer made a mistake
Yup, your meds are older then ours! DEFINITELY a problem. Since this old chick controls your myCIC access, did she not see the 1017 in the Messages yet??? They sent ours nearly immediately after the SA email.

As to your lawyer's intelligence, or lack there of, all I can tell you is, it takes a special kind of person to .. well, you fill in the gaps. You only need a small amount of IQ to sustain life. Like 80 or something?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Yup, your meds are older then ours! DEFINITELY a problem. Since this old chick controls your myCIC access, did she not see the 1017 in the Messages yet??? They sent ours nearly immediately after the SA email.

As to your lawyer's intelligence, or lack there of, all I can tell you is, it takes a special kind of person to .. well, you fill in the gaps. You only need a small amount of IQ to sustain life. Like 80 or something?

yes I think she we get it next week I talk to her son her partner and he was like she screwed up and he is like off the record your in the final stage anytime they request when we are done with her I let her know

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
yes I think she we get it next week I talk to her son her partner and he was like she screwed up and he is like off the record your in the final stage anytime they request when we are done with her I let her know
I wouldn't use these people ever. Wow. No, you are from December 2015. You should have been ahead of us. This mess slowed you down, and I blame her for that. You can't take their excuses or their lies -- they are trying to feed you lines so you won't be upset. You paid for representation, and that person didn't bother to do anything with your evidence at all. grrrr!

The 1017 is important, because it has a 30 day demand. It's not like the PCC where it was 60 days, this one is 30. If they have issued it, and no one has told them that you need an extension, you could risk running out of time.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
You only need a small amount of IQ to sustain life. Like 80 or something?
Something more between i believe 70-85 to be a functional idiot ???

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Something more between i believe 70-85 to be an functional idiot ???
So, she has an IQ of a hamster (<70). :)

Seriously. Like, that woman is taking people for a ride. How the &^%# does she sleep at night, when she's &^%$ing with people's lives, and taking their money to boot!

Yup, absolutely not. Will not do it. No immigration law for this cat. I would sooner die from a combine accident.