Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
Good to hear. :)

For those interested, I have read about DM's for applications from mid-August 2015. I checked, and apparently they are still working on applications received before July 27 2015, according to the voice messaging system.

Yes they are

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
hi there. has anyone applied for a visa while waiting for PR? i might have to make a few business trips in 2017 and my current work visa expires in May 2017 (same date with my previous work permit). I have received my open work permit but of course it does not allow re-entry and my previous visa is gonna expire in May. i believe i could just apply online. anyone with experience ? thanks in advance

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
What is the most common combination to put on GCkey to link your account?

I've been trying to link for a couple of weeks now but hardly any luck :(

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
profiler said:
That wouldn't be CIC. CIC is federal. A gift from Rachel Notley.

That said, if you call the call centre, and they tell you that they refused the permit, here is how you can proceed to complete the OWP quickly:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Include:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556]
- Marriage Certificate Photocopy
- Passport Photocopy (include the stamp from which he entered Canada last); you can also include a photocopy of his latest TRV.
- Use of a Representative (if he wants you to be able to talk to CIC on his behalf)

In: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]:
Enter his UCI (from his PR Application) in Box 1
Box 3:
"*Restoration of your status as a worker" and "*An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" should be checked.

Details of Intended work in Canada:
Box 1: Open Work Permit
Leave Box 2 -> 7 empty

Fill in the rest. Sign and date. Go to 'Pay your fees': http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Work Permit: "Pay your work permit (including extensions) fee – Canada" under the Temporary Resident ("What are you paying a fee for", then selecting "Work Permit (including extensions)" and click 'Get Payment Instructions')
Pay:
- Work Permit: $155
- Open work permit holder: $100

ROS: "Pay your restoration of temporary resident status fee – Canada" under the same "Temporary Residence" "What are you paying a fee for" menu, and you are paying for "Restoration of temporary resident status". Click 'Get Payment Instructions'.
Pay the $200 application processing fee.

Recommended strongly that you pay online with a credit card. Print the receipts out, and include them with your docs. Then send'er away. I would probably use a courier service, so they get it quickly, and they will have to sign for it. Also, you should fill this out on a computer, so you cal click the validate button, and they will generate a barcode page.
HI, thanks for this comment, it helps me a lot,my OWP is expiring this month and I intend to renew it,in the requirements listed here, there is no letter from a prospect employer. I heard from someone a letter from a prospect employer is one of the requirements, is this true? what should be the content of the letter? I'm a little confused... I appreciate any answer I may get thanks again

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cariie up said:
HI, thanks for this comment, it helps me a lot,my OWP is expiring this month and I intend to renew it,in the requirements listed here, there is no letter from a prospect employer. I heard from someone a letter from a prospect employer is one of the requirements, is this true? what should be the content of the letter? I'm a little confused... I appreciate any answer I may get thanks again

You bet.

In terms of any employer details -- when you include these, you're basically asking for a closed permit, not open :). Open means any employer, any where, any job. A closed work permit is where you need a prospective employer and a LMIA completed.

Inland applications are granted the OWP, so the PA can remain in Canada while they process the application, and not worry about status.

EDIT: When I reviewed your previous posts, I was confused.

Are you certain you have an OWP? I did see some confusion around outland v. inland as well.

If you are inland, OWP is granted pretty much automatically when you apply. Make sure your passport has time left on it. Generally they issue OWP's for 2 years, or until the end of life of the passport - 1 month. Which ever is sooner.

For renewing, you need to change the selections for Box 3, as you are not requesting a restoration of status. The rest should be ok.

When paying your fees, don't pay the restoration of status fee either. Just Work Permit, and OWP Holder fee.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cenker said:
hi there. has anyone applied for a visa while waiting for PR? i might have to make a few business trips in 2017 and my current work visa expires in May 2017 (same date with my previous work permit). I have received my open work permit but of course it does not allow re-entry and my previous visa is gonna expire in May. i believe i could just apply online. anyone with experience ? thanks in advance
I have tried responding to this... apparently canadavisa.com doesn't like url's tonight. Google: cic visitor visa inside canada

First link

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prezdork said:
What is the most common combination to put on GCkey to link your account?

I've been trying to link for a couple of weeks now but hardly any luck :(
We were able to find my wife's application pretty easily. Some suggest just a space for non-required fields (like City of birth). I would hazard a guess that UCI or Application Number + Passport Number should be able to find it....

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
I have tried responding to this... apparently canadavisa.com doesn't like url's tonight. Google: cic visitor visa inside canada

First link
Weird. This person asked the same question a week ago - when I tried to respond the canadavisa.com servers didn't like my response either so I was never able to post it.

Cenker, you can apply online for a new TRV. You will use the OWP as the supporting documentation and they will issue you a multiple entry visa valid for the same length of time as the work permit. My colleague just did this recently. The total time took one week including sending and receiving the passport. Easy.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
Weird. This person asked the same question a week ago - when I tried to respond the canadavisa.com servers didn't like my response either so I was never able to post it.
It's this character: /

By itself, it's benign and can be escaped (techno-speak for replacement to permit an ordinarily illegal character).

Try pasting a link to another web site though... when it's found in a string of characters, the string parser is refusing to escape it. Probably a version bug of Simple Machines Forum.

The result was a failure to POST the message. "Method not Implemented" is the slightly erroneous "error" that is being delivered.

It can also be an indicator that the load balancer that the forum provider is using, might be favouring the use of one server to another, and that server may have a slightly different config.

$0.05

EDIT: Apparently the LB has chosen a new server on this end. I can submit web addresses again.

For a while there, I though that canadavisa.com was telling me they don't want me to post anymore.

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
beate1961 said:
Looks like we got bad news.. Checked my bank account and had an extra 100 dollars from the government. Methinks they rejected the TRV and we are freaked out . I looked up the stuff on the website and this is what it says:

Yes. You will get a refund if your application is returned to you because:

it was incomplete, or
you applied before a program opens or after a program closed (for programs that have caps on the number of people that can apply).

Looks like plan B needs to be in effect although i have not received official notice yet. Not happy..:(
Hello, fellow Albertan!
Don't worry about the $100 - not sure if somebody informed you already but that $100 is a payment from Alberta government that's supposed to offset the extra cost of the new carbon tax. I was surprised to see that as well that's why I did some research.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Have anyone applied using the new applications. I send in my application to Station B on December 17th, 2016. It was received on December 21st, 2016. Fingers crossed!
Please let me know if anyone has already received confirmation receipt. Thanks

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Hi Lashen i filed my application on dec 14th and havent recieved anything yet....

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Maina4576 said:
Hi Lashen i filed my application on dec 14th and havent recieved anything yet....
Hi Maina, pls keep me posted when you hear from them. You probably use the old application form? Thanks.

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
profiler said:
You bet.

In terms of any employer details -- when you include these, you're basically asking for a closed permit, not open :). Open means any employer, any where, any job. A closed work permit is where you need a prospective employer and a LMIA completed.

Inland applications are granted the OWP, so the PA can remain in Canada while they process the application, and not worry about status.

EDIT: When I reviewed your previous posts, I was confused.

Are you certain you have an OWP? I did see some confusion around outland v. inland as well.

If you are inland, OWP is granted pretty much automatically when you apply. Make sure your passport has time left on it. Generally they issue OWP's for 2 years, or until the end of life of the passport - 1 month. Which ever is sooner.

For renewing, you need to change the selections for Box 3, as you are not requesting a restoration of status. The rest should be ok.

When paying your fees, don't pay the restoration of status fee either. Just Work Permit, and OWP Holder fee.
Thanks a lot for replying, OWP is what I have, however, I have got it through a different category, not through SPOUSAL...I did have another application for PR before and that's how I got it, since I got spousal application ongoing as well,I was advised to withdraw my other application and therefore now closed. Same person advised me to get a letter from an employer when I renew my OWP. What confuses me is, this person is an IMMIGRATION LAWYER (sigh)... good thing I did not retain her...
Again, thanks a lot. Will mail my application for OWP next week...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
cariie up said:
Thanks a lot for replying, OWP is what I have, however, I have got it through a different category, not through SPOUSAL...I did have another application for PR before and that's how I got it, since I got spousal application ongoing as well,I was advised to withdraw my other application and therefore now closed. Same person advised me to get a letter from an employer when I renew my OWP. What confuses me is, this person is an IMMIGRATION LAWYER (sigh)... good thing I did not retain her...
Again, thanks a lot. Will mail my application for OWP next week...

too complicated and they try to make as much money as can plus can cost you 1000 for them to do the paperwork