Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cariie up said:
Thanks a lot for replying, OWP is what I have, however, I have got it through a different category, not through SPOUSAL...I did have another application for PR before and that's how I got it, since I got spousal application ongoing as well,I was advised to withdraw my other application and therefore now closed. Same person advised me to get a letter from an employer when I renew my OWP. What confuses me is, this person is an IMMIGRATION LAWYER (sigh)... good thing I did not retain her...
Again, thanks a lot. Will mail my application for OWP next week...
OWP is only for inland applications (at least that's the case now).

I have noo idea wth she is talking about or why you withdrew an application.

From experience:
For the OWP permitted under inland class, the instructions provided have netted my wife's 2yr OWP (in just under 4mos), and the same advice netted countless others the same. No questions.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
looking at the spreadsheet I noticed some people got ridiculously fast processing on their applications... how did they luck out?

I actually felt a little stressed and worried seeing that, don't think I want to visit the spreadsheet anymore now

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
$0.05 here:

CIC was trying things out over 2016 to figure out how to squeeze the most efficiency out of the processing network. So, I think their luck had to do with the stars in the universe aligning on their application numbers while they were trying those things out. And at least one case had already been to and worked in Canada previously in the medical field...

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
volkov said:
looking at the spreadsheet I noticed some people got ridiculously fast processing on their applications... how did they luck out?

I actually felt a little stressed and worried seeing that, don't think I want to visit the spreadsheet anymore now
It does get stressful...especially when those who applied after you start getting approvals. Now is a great time to apply though, as CIC is working to make changes that will speed up the process for all. They hope to have majority of everyone who applied prior to Dec. 7, 2016 approved by end of this year.

You will see them process all over the place, but hang in there. Eventually the journey comes to an end. Recently we've been seeing 2013 and 2014 applications get approvals...along with the usual 2015 that they are stating they are working on. 2016's are, like you say, lucky. Hard to say, except that many offices are helping to get the backlog cleared.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
volkov said:

Hang in there

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
$0.05 here:

CIC was trying things out over 2016 to figure out how to squeeze the most efficiency out of the processing network. So, I think their luck had to do with the stars in the universe aligning on their application numbers while they were trying those things out. And at least one case had already been to and worked in Canada previously in the medical field...
my spouse has been in Canada for many years and we still have no process started, so not sure about the "...at least one case had already been to and worked in Canada previously..."

guess it is random luck then probably, hope so, trying not to get stressed and think there is some reason the rest of us are being delayed like we are undesirable, or something on a form was filled out not to their liking

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
my spouse has been in Canada for many years and we still have no process started, so not sure about the "...at least one case had already been to and worked in Canada previously..."
Did your wife work in a required industry as an expert or professional, where that industry is lacking people in those positions?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
:(
volkov said:

guess it is random luck then probably, hope so, trying not to get stressed and think there is some reason the rest of us are being delayed like we are undesirable, or something on a form was filled out not to their liking

how long volkov

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
profiler said:
OWP is only for inland applications (at least that's the case now).

I have noo idea wth she is talking about or why you withdrew an application.

From experience:
For the OWP permitted under inland class, the instructions provided have netted my wife's 2yr OWP (in just under 4mos), and the same advice netted countless others the same. No questions.
I was advised to withdraw my other PR application firstly because it has complications and it seemingly requires quite a long time to process, worse, it may even be refused.This is the reason why me and my common-law decided to do spousal sponsorship, as a back up, that was the plan anyway, just in case the first application is refused, and yes,Sometime last year, immigration sent me a procedural fairness letter, an indication that my application may really be refused. Upon consulting an immigration lawyer, she said it is not good to have 2 applications on the go. Legally, I can but the fact that I only need one application to get a PR, I should withdraw one because if not, I am only "wasting " their resources and time processing 2 independent applications. Immigration she said can also be subjective , if they see (which for sure they've seen without a doubt) that I have 2 applications on the go, they may choose one and rejects the other. If it happens that they choose not to process the SPOUSAL application and decides to proceed with my other application (which I really don't want because of the very slim chance of getting approved), then I am screwed. So, she said, eliminating bad element is sometimes a good thing, withdraw the other application , and focus on the SPOUSAL one. That's what I did. Then my OWP was my problem, the application where I got it is already closed, would I be able to renew it, she said yes but I will need a letter from an employer...

I will have to take my chances anyway. Will mail my OWP application next week and see what happens. And until I receive a notice of whether it will be approved or not, at least I would be under implied status. Thanks a lot...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cariie up said:
I was advised to withdraw my other PR application firstly because it has complications and it seemingly requires quite a long time to process, worse, it may even be refused.This is the reason why me and my common-law decided to do spousal sponsorship, as a back up, that was the plan anyway, just in case the first application is refused, and yes,Sometime last year, immigration sent me a procedural fairness letter, an indication that my application may really be refused. Upon consulting an immigration lawyer, she said it is not good to have 2 applications on the go. Legally, I can but the fact that I only need one application to get a PR, I should withdraw one because if not, I am only "wasting " their resources and time processing 2 independent applications. Immigration she said can also be subjective , if they see (which for sure they've seen without a doubt) that I have 2 applications on the go, they may choose one and rejects the other. If it happens that they choose not to process the SPOUSAL application and decides to proceed with my other application (which I really don't want because of the very slim chance of getting approved), then I am screwed. So, she said, eliminating bad element is sometimes a good thing, withdraw the other application , and focus on the SPOUSAL one. That's what I did. Then my OWP was my problem, the application where I got it is already closed, would I be able to renew it, she said yes but I will need a letter from an employer...

I will have to take my chances anyway. Will mail my OWP application next week and see what happens. And until I receive a notice of whether it will be approved or not, at least I would be under implied status. Thanks a lot...
Just try the instructions I gave. Having an inland app will be almost guaranteed approval..

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
hi there guys.. hope you are well and happy new year to you all

short background-- APPLIED PR AND SOWP WITH A LAWYER
IM A BRITISH BANGLADESHI, BORN IN BANGLADESH AND NATURALIZED IN THE UK. CAME TO CANADA JULY 2016 AND MARRIED LONG TERM GF AND CANADIAN CITIZEN OCT 2016. APPLIED IN NOV 16TH 2016.

BRITISH GETS 6MONTHS VISA UPON ENTRY AND THAT RUNS OUT MID JAN 2017

MY QUERIES:
LAWYER SAID NO NEED TO APPLY FOR VISIT VISA EXTENTION ONCE IT RUNS OUT IN JAN... IS HE RIGHT?
LAWYER SENT ME AN EMAIL WITH A FILE NUMBER, WHICH IS BASICALLY A LETTER BY CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE APPLICATION... IS THIS THE 1ST AOR OR 2ND AOR?
HOW LONG FOR WORK PERMIT TO COME?
LAWYER HASNT YET GIVEN ME ANY LETTER FROM CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPLICATION FOR SOWP!!!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE .. OH BTW NO CRIMINAL RECORDS AND SECOND MARRIAGES FOR BOTH OF US

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MyMaple said:
hi there guys.. hope you are well and happy new year to you all

short background-- APPLIED PR AND SOWP WITH A LAWYER
IM A BRITISH BANGLADESHI, BORN IN BANGLADESH AND NATURALIZED IN THE UK. CAME TO CANADA JULY 2016 AND MARRIED LONG TERM GF AND CANADIAN CITIZEN OCT 2016. APPLIED IN NOV 16TH 2016.

BRITISH GETS 6MONTHS VISA UPON ENTRY AND THAT RUNS OUT MID JAN 2017

MY QUERIES:
LAWYER SAID NO NEED TO APPLY FOR VISIT VISA EXTENTION ONCE IT RUNS OUT IN JAN... IS HE RIGHT?
LAWYER SENT ME AN EMAIL WITH A FILE NUMBER, WHICH IS BASICALLY A LETTER BY CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE APPLICATION... IS THIS THE 1ST AOR OR 2ND AOR?
HOW LONG FOR WORK PERMIT TO COME?
LAWYER HASNT YET GIVEN ME ANY LETTER FROM CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPLICATION FOR SOWP!!!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE .. OH BTW NO CRIMINAL RECORDS AND SECOND MARRIAGES FOR BOTH OF US
Holy caps lock!!! You should remove that key -- honestly..

Yes he is correct. The OWP permits you to remain in Canada. It does not permit you to cross the border though -- so if you needed a visitor visa to do that previously, and you wish to leave Canada, you will need to renew it.

The letter is AOR. There isn't a second AOR in inland applications, as they do not send the file to other offices, unless they require more attention.

Work permit is about 4 months from the day it was received in CIC's mail room. The OWP is mysterious. For us, it just sprouted from our mailbox one day. No AOR, nothing. It's generally a guaranteed thing, so don't worry for now.

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
profiler said:
Holy caps lock!!! You should remove that key -- honestly..

Yes he is correct. The OWP permits you to remain in Canada. It does not permit you to cross the border though -- so if you needed a visitor visa to do that previously, and you wish to leave Canada, you will need to renew it.

The letter is AOR. There isn't a second AOR in inland applications, as they do not send the file to other offices, unless they require more attention.

Work permit is about 4 months from the day it was received in CIC's mail room. The OWP is mysterious. For us, it just sprouted from our mailbox one day. No AOR, nothing. It's generally a guaranteed thing, so don't worry for now.
thank you so much for the infos.. really appreciate it.... im just a bit anxious about the work permit

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MyMaple said:
thank you so much for the infos.. really appreciate it.... im just a bit anxious about the work permit
Why are you anxious? It will come between 3 and 4 months. Some get it at 3.5months. My wife's came 3 days before we could call to complain that they had not issued it.

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
profiler said:
Why are you anxious? It will come between 3 and 4 months. Some get it at 3.5months. My wife's came 3 days before we could call to complain that they had not issued it.
been out of work for the last 6 to 7 months hence the anxiousness