+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

mskoalified

Nov 3, 2016
My husband (principal applicant) received our AOR on November 28th (I though the sponsor gets the AOR? Maybe I forgot to include an email) . Whenever he logs in to view the status of the application, there's nothing there (ie no application). What are we doing wrong? We should be able to view it by now, no?

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
How much did you send them? You can always call the call centre to ask....

The OWP is pretty easy to fill out...
For the TRV it was exactly 100 dollars. And the amount
In the bank account was exactly that amount ! And it stated it was
A provincial payment! Don't think the Alberta government is giving me a
New Years gift . Sigh. At Physio right now so am typing on my cell.
I am just really upset.

I will take a look at the OWP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beate1961 said:
For the TRV it was exactly 100 dollars. And the amount
In the bank account was exactly that amount ! And it stated it was
A provincial payment! Don't think the Alberta government is giving me a
New Years gift . Sigh. At Physio right now so am typing on my cell.
I am just really upset.

I will take a look at the OWP.

That wouldn't be CIC. CIC is federal. A gift from Rachel Notley.

That said, if you call the call centre, and they tell you that they refused the permit, here is how you can proceed to complete the OWP quickly:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Include:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556]
- Marriage Certificate Photocopy
- Passport Photocopy (include the stamp from which he entered Canada last); you can also include a photocopy of his latest TRV.
- Use of a Representative (if he wants you to be able to talk to CIC on his behalf)

In: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]:
Enter his UCI (from his PR Application) in Box 1
Box 3:
"*Restoration of your status as a worker" and "*An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" should be checked.

Details of Intended work in Canada:
Box 1: Open Work Permit
Leave Box 2 -> 7 empty

Fill in the rest. Sign and date. Go to 'Pay your fees': http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Work Permit: "Pay your work permit (including extensions) fee – Canada" under the Temporary Resident ("What are you paying a fee for", then selecting "Work Permit (including extensions)" and click 'Get Payment Instructions')
Pay:
- Work Permit: $155
- Open work permit holder: $100

ROS: "Pay your restoration of temporary resident status fee – Canada" under the same "Temporary Residence" "What are you paying a fee for" menu, and you are paying for "Restoration of temporary resident status". Click 'Get Payment Instructions'.
Pay the $200 application processing fee.

Recommended strongly that you pay online with a credit card. Print the receipts out, and include them with your docs. Then send'er away. I would probably use a courier service, so they get it quickly, and they will have to sign for it. Also, you should fill this out on a computer, so you cal click the validate button, and they will generate a barcode page.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mskoalified said:
My husband (principal applicant) received our AOR on November 28th (I though the sponsor gets the AOR? Maybe I forgot to include an email) . Whenever he logs in to view the status of the application, there's nothing there (ie no application). What are we doing wrong? We should be able to view it by now, no?
What are you trying to view the application with?

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
hello
I have not been around for a few months. I guess I have not missed much action. still havent heard from CIC and we are coming up to our one year application anniversary.

Today attempted to call CIC but gave up hearing the wait time of 30 min. Interestingly however, the automated message stated the they currently working on applications received in July 27, 2015.
I guess they should start the January 2016 applicants in two months or so as they have already completed the folks from Sept-Nov 2015. therefore only August and December 2015 is left to process.
any thoughts?
cheers
ZumbaG

p.s.: the only real change on this tread which I have noticed is the PP (proliferation of profiler) nice alliteration or what???

:p

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
hello
I have not been around for a few months. I guess I have not missed much action. still havent heard from CIC and we are coming up to our one year application anniversary.

Today attempted to call CIC but gave up hearing the wait time of 30 min. Interestingly however, the automated message stated the they currently working on applications received in July 27, 2015.
I guess they should start the January 2016 applicants in two months or so as they have already completed the folks from Sept-Nov 2015. therefore only August and December 2015 is left to process.
any thoughts?
cheers
ZumbaG

p.s.: the only real change on this tread which I have noticed is the PP (proliferation of profiler) nice alliteration or what???

:p
They are into August now, and since many in September and October of 2015 were already done, they will likely fly through the end of 2015 in short order. They also were reaching the limitation of their "numbers" so they slowed down. They have started to pick up again to fill the quotas.

As to the proliferation, nice might not be the word I would choose, but sure. I bet they are going to send me a warning letter soon and demand storage fees for my posts...

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
That wouldn't be CIC. CIC is federal. A gift from Rachel Notley.

That said, if you call the call centre, and they tell you that they refused the permit, here is how you can proceed to complete the OWP quickly:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Include:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556]
- Marriage Certificate Photocopy
- Passport Photocopy (include the stamp from which he entered Canada last); you can also include a photocopy of his latest TRV.
- Use of a Representative (if he wants you to be able to talk to CIC on his behalf)

In: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]:
Enter his UCI (from his PR Application) in Box 1
Box 3:
"*Restoration of your status as a worker" and "*An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" should be checked.

Details of Intended work in Canada:
Box 1: Open Work Permit

Leave Box 2 -> 7 empty

Fill in the rest. Sign and date. Go to 'Pay your fees': http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Work Permit: "Pay your work permit (including extensions) fee – Canada" under the Temporary Resident ("What are you paying a fee for", then selecting "Work Permit (including extensions)" and click 'Get Payment Instructions')
Pay:
- Work Permit: $155
- Open work permit holder: $100

ROS: "Pay your restoration of temporary resident status fee – Canada" under the same "Temporary Residence" "What are you paying a fee for" menu, and you are paying for "Restoration of temporary resident status". Click 'Get Payment Instructions'.
Pay the $200 application processing fee.

Recommended strongly that you pay online with a credit card. Print the receipts out, and include them with your docs. Then send'er away. I would probably use a courier service, so they get it quickly, and they will have to sign for it. Also, you should fill this out on a computer, so you cal click the validate button, and they will generate a barcode page.
I think you might be on to something as the payment arrived at the same as the GST cheque .

If Notley wants to give us money, why not ??

Many thanks for the info too! Now we can calm down.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beate1961 said:
I think you might be on to something as the payment arrived at the same as the GST cheque .

If Notley wants to give us money, why not ??

Many thanks for the info too! Now we can calm down.
Keep that info around. If need be, you can probably have an OWP app done in an hour. It goes to CPC-Vegreville, so you may even get it to them next day.

You should never look the gift horse in the mouth... bank error in your favour...and the likes...

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
Keep that info around. If need be, you can probably have an OWP app done in an hour. It goes to CPC-Vegreville, so you may even get it to them next day.

You should never look the gift horse in the mouth... bank error in your favour...and the likes...
I sure will! And thanks for the valuable info! I did submit payment online and remember that It said
Gatineau for both apps. Boy, did I ever jump to conclusions!
Poor hubby got all upset . He is ready to pay for
A case of beer for you. Lol

mskoalified

Nov 3, 2016
profiler said:
What are you trying to view the application with?
He goes to www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp, Selects Family Sponsorship, Application Status, and enters in our Application Number, and his information (surname, DOB, country of birth) and then it comes to a screen that has this message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

I just tried with my own information and came to the same page :(.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
They are into August now, and since many in September and October of 2015 were already done, they will likely fly through the end of 2015 in short order. They also were reaching the limitation of their "numbers" so they slowed down. They have started to pick up again to fill the quotas.

As to the proliferation, nice might not be the word I would choose, but sure. I bet they are going to send me a warning letter soon and demand storage fees for my posts...

me and my husband plus other people are decmber 2015 for inland sponsorship so you have some waiting to do after us than you guys. zumbagirl

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beate1961 said:
I sure will! And thanks for the valuable info! I did submit payment online and remember that It said
Gatineau for both apps. Boy, did I ever jump to conclusions!
Poor hubby got all upset . He is ready to pay for
A case of beer for you. Lol
That's my kryptonite... I'll pm you the address.. lmao!

Gatineau will do TRV. Vegreville does OWPs.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mskoalified said:
He goes to www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp, Selects Family Sponsorship, Application Status, and enters in our Application Number, and his information (surname, DOB, country of birth) and then it comes to a screen that has this message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

I just tried with my own information and came to the same page :(.
That's ECAS... it's a dinosaurus.... see signature below..

ECAS is best if you use:
Application number / F000xxxxxx
Surname / sponsors last name exactly
DOB / sponsors DOB
Country of birth / sponsors COB
And tick the box.

You're better to also try myCIC (gckey): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

Tricky to link, but once accomplished, a gold mine.

mskoalified

Nov 3, 2016
profiler said:
That's ECAS... it's a dinosaurus.... see signature below..

ECAS is best if you use:
Application number / F000xxxxxx
Surname / sponsors last name exactly
DOB / sponsors DOB
Country of birth / sponsors COB
And tick the box.

You're better to also try myCIC (gckey): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

Tricky to link, but once accomplished, a gold mine.
SUCCESS! After trying about 3 times, realizing we were choosing Common-law instead of Spouse, and then finally saying it linked our account immediately after not finding it.....we are in!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good to hear. :)

For those interested, I have read about DM's for applications from mid-August 2015. I checked, and apparently they are still working on applications received before July 27 2015, according to the voice messaging system.