Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cenker said:
Hi, I have a question. I submitted my application on August 11th, received the AORs and CSQ request (since I am in Quebec). I was wondering if there`s any way to check OWP application status. Statistically I should get it in 4 months, which is a few weeks from now. Is there a way to check it. I linked my PR application to My CIC account but have no idea how to do it for the OWP. Any insight ?
Some have been able to link to the OWP application via myCIC. We didn't, and my wife's OWP showed up at almost 4 months to the day.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ebby96 said:
Hi Sir,

Did you received your OWP?
Depends who you are asking. I answered your OWP question on the thread you hijacked. Call the CIC, as it's been faaaar too long.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
ebby96 said:
Hi Sir,

Did you received your OWP?
Ebby, do you have a valid status in Canada? Also, did you pay $255 for the OWP?

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
I sent applications in August - they got returned as incomplete
resent in early october and no reply so fat even thou they are processing later dates

was wondering if out of canada application can be submitted as well as in canada
so we can go with whichever one processes faster

my wife is australian and CIC shows 10 month processing for that country

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
janecki said:
I sent applications in August - they got returned as incomplete
resent in early october and no reply so fat even thou they are processing later dates

was wondering if out of canada application can be submitted as well as in canada
so we can go with whichever one processes faster

my wife is australian and CIC shows 10 month processing for that country
No they will not accept parallel PR applications.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Hi All,

Just wondering, What is the current status on 2016 Inland applications? 2016 applicants started getting PR confirmations? I checked the spreadsheet but not sure if it is regularly updated. Just curious as others in this forum :'( Your answer much appreciated. Thanks!!

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
mak31086 said:
Hi All,

Just wondering, What is the current status on 2016 Inland applications? 2016 applicants started getting PR confirmations? I checked the spreadsheet but not sure if it is regularly updated. Just curious as others in this forum :'( Your answer much appreciated. Thanks!!

Unfortunately no. It looks like they were processing it till August or so but then for some reason they started "focusing" on the 2015 backlog. When we submitted ours end of May I had some feeling it would be done by end of year but with their change of focus looks like no

The problem is they're still very slow on processing. It's really no easy to understand how outland applicants are processed in a few months in most of the cases and the ones inland take 1-2 years. This is brutal. Basically, you have to decide btw staying far from your beloved one or living like hell together

This process is totally inhuman and not even close to fair or in accordance with what they show to the world as the Canadian way of living and dealing with immigrants.

We're tax payers but looks like we're at the end of their line. They put in 25k refugees in 4 months, why not doing the same way for sponsored spouses? What's the deal?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fabianonetto said:
The problem is they're still very slow on processing. It's really no easy to understand how outland applicants are processed in a few months in most of the cases and the ones inland take 1-2 years. This is brutal. Basically, you have to decide btw staying far from your beloved one or living like hell together
Would you mind clarifying what you mean here?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
profiler said:
Would you mind clarifying what you mean here?
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I have some kinda special situation that makes my case a little bit different than usual and that's the reason why I'm so desperate.

I had my PR issued through the old Foreign Skilled Worker program (Applied in 2014, visa issued in 2015) and I was single at the time. When my wife and I started dating it was right after my PR was issued and as our relationship got serious and mature, we decided that we were going to get married before my landing so I would include her in my original application and we would both land together.

I suddenly got a job offer in Canada, what made us change our plans. We decided that would be great to move up already employed and since I could sponsor her as a landed immigrant, we decided to move up to Canada, get married here and submit her sponsorship application. But there were some things that I didn't know.

First of all, my wife's English skills are almost none so she has to study English. As a visitor, she doesn't have the right to pay low-cost fees so we have to spend an average of $600 dollars per month for her to go to English classes.

Also, since we're living in Ontario, she is not eligible to apply for OHIP until we pass the first stage of the process (Approval In Principle) that currently is taking something around 1 year at least as per what I can read from other members and that makes us also to pay for her to have a private insurance that covers only urgent/emergency cases. This means she cannot have a family doctor, cannot do regular check-ups and follow-ups regarding some conditions she has. Also, the insurance does not pay for medication.

All those extra costs have brought into a very delicate situation. I know she could apply for an OWP but we saw no reason for such once she does not have enough language skills yet.

All that being said resulted in some very stressful situation not only financial but emotional as well. I ended up having to get a second job to manage to pay for all the expenses and almost doing magic to save some money in case she needs to see a doctor (this already happened. First of all, private insurances are not directly billed by the health provider so you have to pay out of your pocket for the expenses and claim for a reimbursement later. Not to mention medication sometimes can host more than $100 and is not covered). I wake up every day at 5:30AM and get back home no earlier than 7:00PM. We even went to a food bank in the last 2 months in order to help us save some money.

It's hard to hear from the one you love that she feels like a piece of sh..... That she's sorry by not being able to help you and that she feels responsible for you being said and stressed. Plus, OHIP's eligibility rules are tough. In some other provinces, she would be already eligible just by being my dependant or by simply being applied to the PR under Spousal Sponsorship Inland program.

Sorry once again if I used improper terms, I deeply apologize for that, but I spent about 4-5 years of my life dreaming about moving to Canada, studying, preparing myself to be eligible to be a PR and now all the dream has turned to a (temporary) nightmare. Since we moved in we can barely go out to a movie or dinner out. Our lives have struggled and we really see no way out of it till she becomes a PR and can at least have OHIP and pay $30 per quarter to study English.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
fabianonetto said:
First of all, my wife's English skills are almost none so she has to study English. As a visitor, she doesn't have the right to pay low-cost fees so we have to spend an average of $600 dollars per month for her to go to English classes.
i'd recommend calling around to the ontario colleges in your area who offer ESL classes. some colleges in ontario allow spouses and commonlaw partners of a canadian citizen who do not have PR status to pay canadian rates, not international rates. I live in ottawa, worked at a local college and answered this question almost daily. i'm not sure if it's the same at all ontario colleges, and it may not apply to some degree programs, but i do know it is possible. you need to actually call the college and talk to someone in registration who knows the policy. The department I was in offered the ESL courses and there were plenty of people who were able to take advantage of this loophole. private language schools won't offer this, however some of the public colleges funded by the province will.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fabianonetto said:
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.
I wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying before I just respond. The apology is mine to offer.

fabianonetto said:
Try reaching out here: http://settlement.org/ontario/education/english-as-a-second-language-esl/esl-for-adults/what-is-the-language-instruction-for-newcomers-to-canada-linc-program/

Also local YMCA's have immigrant assistance centres (typically). The one local to the Profiler's does. They generally will do what they can to make sure that she can get English. They did what they could (for 'free') to help Ms Profiler clean up her resume and find work.

fabianonetto said:
Also, since we're living in Ontario, she is not eligible to apply for OHIP until we pass the first stage of the process (Approval In Principle) that currently is taking something around 1 year at least as per what I can read from other members and that makes us also to pay for her to have a private insurance that covers only urgent/emergency cases. This means she cannot have a family doctor, cannot do regular check-ups and follow-ups regarding some conditions she has. Also, the insurance does not pay for medication.
Do you have a family doctor? Did you roster her with that doctor? Ms Profiler is rostered as a patient with my family's doctor and the FHN that his office is a member of. Visits are $40 according to his pay scale. The Profilers also are not using any private insurance, except for the supplementary extended benefits from work. Also in Ontario.

fabianonetto said:
All that being said resulted in some very stressful situation not only financial but emotional as well. I ended up having to get a second job to manage to pay for all the expenses and almost doing magic to save some money in case she needs to see a doctor (this already happened. First of all, private insurances are not directly billed by the health provider so you have to pay out of your pocket for the expenses and claim for a reimbursement later. Not to mention medication sometimes can host more than $100 and is not covered). I wake up every day at 5:30AM and get back home no earlier than 7:00PM. We even went to a food bank in the last 2 months in order to help us save some money.
Do you have extended benefits?

fabianonetto said:
It's hard to hear from the one you love that she feels like a piece of sh..... That she's sorry by not being able to help you and that she feels responsible for you being said and stressed. Plus, OHIP's eligibility rules are tough. In some other provinces, she would be already eligible just by being my dependant or by simply being applied to the PR under Spousal Sponsorship Inland program.
I am aware of the OHIP rules. You have to admit, they are actually fair. Considering the lion-share of people immigrating wind up in Ontario. That would be a tremendous load on a system that is fragile. Ms Profiler could apply as a OWP holder who is working. We aren't bothering to do that until landing or until AIP; which ever is first.

fabianonetto said:
Sorry once again if I used improper terms, I deeply apologize for that, but I spent about 4-5 years of my life dreaming about moving to Canada, studying, preparing myself to be eligible to be a PR and now all the dream has turned to a (temporary) nightmare. Since we moved in we can barely go out to a movie or dinner out. Our lives have struggled and we really see no way out of it till she becomes a PR and can at least have OHIP and pay $30 per quarter to study English.
If I can make a suggestion here. I think she will need to get ESL sooner than later. As it stands, doctors would require to communicate with her in English. So, that should be the highest priority. So check into the Y, or the link I pasted above. Also, I am wondering if she is in or out of status?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I checked my ecase today on cic and it said last date modified on november 4,2016 profiler or anyone else did your e case on cic last date modified on november 4,2016

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
i'd recommend calling around to the ontario colleges in your area who offer ESL classes. some colleges in ontario allow spouses and commonlaw partners of a canadian citizen who do not have PR status to pay canadian rates, not international rates. I live in ottawa, worked at a local college and answered this question almost daily. i'm not sure if it's the same at all ontario colleges, and it may not apply to some degree programs, but i do know it is possible. you need to actually call the college and talk to someone in registration who knows the policy. The department I was in offered the ESL courses and there were plenty of people who were able to take advantage of this loophole. private language schools won't offer this, however some of the public colleges funded by the province will.
You're right here. I believe there is community services too that hold ESL classes. I do recall Conestoga holding ESL classes for free as well (they don't take ID, they just roster you into class and away you go).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
I checked my ecase today on cic and it said last date modified on november 4,2016 profiler or anyone else did your e case on cic last date modified on november 4,2016
The date you are watching is not what you think it is. I am boycotting eCAS.