00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
So myCIC notified us today that our case was updated today...

We have been waiting forever to see that the medical we submitted passed (the physician told us it was a pass just after it was done). Today they finally recognized that.

Still BG in progress and case is open.
Congrats Profiler! One step closer. ;D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Congrats Profiler! One step closer. ;D
Thanks! It's true. I am not sure why they didn't address that loooong ago. But it does tell me that someone had their paws on our case Friday!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
It's good to know that their paws are on the file.

I have a question I hope you can answer. We just got another set GCMS notes for PA and under assessments it shows the following:

Under Sponsorship:
SPR Eligibility: Not Started

Under Assessments
Eligibility:
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Final:

Does it show eligibility as "blank" there because they are still working on it? Is the Sponsor or PA eligibility? What is HIRV?

However, under info sharing it shows
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Does you think that that means that the background check for PA has started?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
It's good to know that their paws are on the file.

I have a question I hope you can answer. We just got another set GCMS notes for PA and under assessments it shows the following:

Under Sponsorship:
SPR Eligibility: Not Started

Under Assessments
Eligibility:
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Final:

Does it show eligibility as "blank" there because they are still working on it? Is the Sponsor or PA eligibility? What is HIRV?

However, under info sharing it shows
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA

Does you think that that means that the background check for PA has started?
I don't have ours yet so I cannot comment on the PA file. I will provide you an opinion...

It looks like they might have started the background or criminality check. I am confused why it says it hasn't started yet though....

The info sharing appears they attempted to request biometric data from the US without success. I am unsure what HIRV is...

Do you want me to PM when we get our PA and we can compare them?

EDIT: HIRV is either "Hazard, Impact, Risk and Vulnerability" or "Human and International Rights Violation". So I have found anyway..

Djwaters1985

Oct 30, 2015
Hey all,
Not sure ive thanked you all for the replies youve given me in the past which has set my mind at ease a great deal. So thank you all and thanks in advance for future questions i will likeky post including this one.
I asked a little while ago about applying for OWP after submitting PR and i was told itll be done after i get AIP which im still waiting on. I submitted my OWP app on august 31 and got an email today saying to check my cic for a message.
It says ive been approved but there are no new messages? It says that ill receive a message on how to obtain it but the only message is a formal looki g letter with app # etc ackniwledging that they received my application on august 31.
Am i to wait for it to arrive by mail or should i be contacting them?

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
profiler said:
Current statistics from June show that inland apps are actually averaging completion in 22 months. See : http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c .

That said, here is the operational bulletin that IRCC is following with respect to the inventory reduction program: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .

The more interesting parts of this is section 2 File Management. It states:
In addition, while considering medical and passport expiry dates, the Department will process applications without missing documentation ahead of incomplete applications (e.g., files missing police certificate or civil documentation). This means that applications of clients who have submitted all of the documentation on the IRCC checklist with their application will be prioritized for processing.

To ensure that all other applicants have an opportunity to update their application with documentation which is still needed to make a decision, the Department will send out an email to each principal applicant in the targeted inventory asking them to submit, within 60 days of the date of the email,

- any missing civil documentation;
- any missing police certificates;
- proof that they hold a passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity;
- any missing documentation for dependants, including custody documents;
- if the applicant resides in Quebec, a Quebec Selection Certificate;
- a copy of the receipt for the right of permanent residence fee, if not already paid.

For applications where items on the Document Checklist are missing, the Centralized Processing Region (CPR) will prioritize applications based on how quickly applicants respond to requests for missing documentation, such as police certificates and outstanding civil documentation.

I read that as: If you have a straightforward case, and you are not missing docs, you are prioritised first. If you are missing docs, they will request you have them to IRCC in 60 days, and they will handle that group next. Otherwise, you continue at the same pace. They are also adjusting priority to those who answer faster for docs, versus those who take their time.
interesting data on immigration stats! thanks Profiler

http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/IRCC_overview_0001_E.xls?_ga=1.5158454.48584867.1470259325

however, look at the inland inventory levels!!! they went from 26K in June 2015 to 34K in June 2016!!!!
this isnt inventory reduction it is inventory generation!!!! OMG Basically in all immigration categories there has been a significant reduction in the inventory except the inland spousal!

cheers
ZumbaG

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
I don't have ours yet so I cannot comment on the PA file. I will provide you an opinion...

It looks like they might have started the background or criminality check. I am confused why it says it hasn't started yet though....

The info sharing appears they attempted to request biometric data from the US without success. I am unsure what HIRV is...

Do you want me to PM when we get our PA and we can compare them?

EDIT: HIRV is either "Hazard, Impact, Risk and Vulnerability" or "Human and International Rights Violation". So I have found anyway..
Yes please PM me.

However, someone in the GCMS notes said until eligibility is passed nothing is worked on.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Djwaters1985 said:
Hey all,
Not sure ive thanked you all for the replies youve given me in the past which has set my mind at ease a great deal. So thank you all and thanks in advance for future questions i will likeky post including this one.
I asked a little while ago about applying for OWP after submitting PR and i was told itll be done after i get AIP which im still waiting on. I submitted my OWP app on august 31 and got an email today saying to check my cic for a message.
It says ive been approved but there are no new messages? It says that ill receive a message on how to obtain it but the only message is a formal looki g letter with app # etc ackniwledging that they received my application on august 31.
Am i to wait for it to arrive by mail or should i be contacting them?
They will send you a paper copy if you are approved too..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Yes please PM me.
You bet. Will do.

browning911 said:
However, someone in the GCMS notes said until eligibility is passed nothing is worked on.
So, on slow working days (most are, unfortunately that's what 100 years of bureaucracy gets you at a University) I read up on how this process works. As I stated before, I am like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory -- my brain itches just thinking about how long it really takes and why! I am a Software Systems Developer by profession -- so this is all stuff that I understand very well. Reading the in Canada manuals that CIC makes public for their colleagues and the public is a dry read. But it lends itself to a question that I posted as a new topic -- no one has responded yet.

I wonder if the steps in the process are executed in parallel or in series. If they are executed sequentially in series (eg: 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and not 5.1, 5.3, 5.2) then it appears that we might be further along than I previously suspected. This would be VERY encouraging.

For background, here is the IP-8 process (you can skip the jargon and jump to section 5 where the processes start): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf . This starts after they execute the sponsorship evaluation of IP-2 (again, start at section 5 and proceed to 13, if memory serves) in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf . Now these are from 2011, and have been revised a couple times. They are likely not exactly what's happening (eg: CPC-V isn't processing our app as far as I know?)

That said, I have seen a few of the tasks complete in the series found in section 5 of IP-8. If they are executed in sequence, then we are just before they decide to divert to a local visa office for review. That's nearly the end of the process!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
interesting data on immigration stats! thanks Profiler
Np -- that's what I am here for :).

zumbagirl said:
however, look at the inland inventory levels!!! they went from 26K in June 2015 to 34K in June 2016!!!!
this isnt inventory reduction it is inventory generation!!!! OMG Basically in all immigration categories there has been a significant reduction in the inventory except the inland spousal!
I suspect that's when they were focusing more on the other classes when they received rebuke over prioritising the Syrian refugees over the other classes that had already been in inventory. Now they are focused on reducing the inland inventory. And if you follow the 2015 thread, they have started rubber stamping in earnest.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
Current statistics from June show that inland apps are actually averaging completion in 22 months. See : http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c .

That said, here is the operational bulletin that IRCC is following with respect to the inventory reduction program: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .

The more interesting parts of this is section 2 File Management. It states:
In addition, while considering medical and passport expiry dates, the Department will process applications without missing documentation ahead of incomplete applications (e.g., files missing police certificate or civil documentation). This means that applications of clients who have submitted all of the documentation on the IRCC checklist with their application will be prioritized for processing.

To ensure that all other applicants have an opportunity to update their application with documentation which is still needed to make a decision, the Department will send out an email to each principal applicant in the targeted inventory asking them to submit, within 60 days of the date of the email,

- any missing civil documentation;
- any missing police certificates;
- proof that they hold a passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity;
- any missing documentation for dependants, including custody documents;
- if the applicant resides in Quebec, a Quebec Selection Certificate;
- a copy of the receipt for the right of permanent residence fee, if not already paid.

For applications where items on the Document Checklist are missing, the Centralized Processing Region (CPR) will prioritize applications based on how quickly applicants respond to requests for missing documentation, such as police certificates and outstanding civil documentation.

I read that as: If you have a straightforward case, and you are not missing docs, you are prioritised first. If you are missing docs, they will request you have them to IRCC in 60 days, and they will handle that group next. Otherwise, you continue at the same pace. They are also adjusting priority to those who answer faster for docs, versus those who take their time.
Profiler, we did the right thing on PCC request. replied just days apart from email.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
Profiler, we did the right thing on PCC request. replied just days apart from email.
Absolutely!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
Absolutely!
Based on that post, means they already reviewed our application and found out that ours is straight forward cases but they missed our PCC. Correct?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
Based on that post, means they already reviewed our application and found out that ours is straight forward cases but they missed our PCC. Correct?
Based on what I have read, yes we are in one of the targeted groups for reduction. I am waiting to see my PA GCMS notes (they are late) to confirm that ... they drop a little note on the file that says it's targeted for SIR.