Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
I've seen that too! But if I remember it correctly, the app was received early 2015 ( January or something). It seems to me they wanted to recoup for all those month when they just sat there doing nothing... Anywayz... Misterios are the ways of IRCC...
May I think...

Yeah a bunch were stale, then just magic started to happen. I am not so sure that chronology has anything to do with how they are processing now. I think anything that was received before June 13 is broken up into groups that they are targeting for SIR. That's my belief anyway -- I am holding onto hope that they may start taking 2016's and ram them through just like that.. after all they have 12,000 extra spots! It only takes 1!

Maybe rubber stamping has resumed?!

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
May I think...

Yeah a bunch were stale, then just magic started to happen. I am not so sure that chronology has anything to do with how they are processing now. I think anything that was received before June 13 is broken up into groups that they are targeting for SIR. That's my belief anyway -- I am holding onto hope that they may start taking 2016's and ram them through just like that.. after all they have 12,000 extra spots! It only takes 1!

Maybe rubber stamping has resumed?!
To be fully honest, I don't really care if they process my app in 8 month or 26 month. I think the OWP is what allows you to have a normal life, health care, feeling useful again. But maybe it's because I haven't got mine yet; probably once I'll have the work permit I will need more to happen with my file. Right now, I don't even think about that PR card, it seems so so far in the future...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
To be fully honest, I don't really care if they process my app in 8 month or 26 month. I think the OWP is what allows you to have a normal life, health care, feeling useful again. But maybe it's because I haven't got mine yet; probably once I'll have the work permit I will need more to happen with my file. Right now, I don't even think about that PR card, it seems so so far in the future...
Picture Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory (if you watch television).... that's me with this whole process to be honest. I was left in charge to manage it all, because I can understand the legalise better than my wife can. So, now as the itch in my brain with respect to the process won't leave me alone until it's gone and done. While I wait, I answer questions that I think I can answer, or provide opinions...

That said, we are in a spot where it would be better if we could get AIP. Then we might not worry as much. At that point, OHIP access can be granted. It can with the OWP + Job, but I don't think we are holding out hope that my wife's employer will give her that letter. Landing would be ideal, because my wife's grandmother is older and in failing health. She does want to visit home.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
Picture Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory (if you watch television).... that's me with this whole process to be honest. I was left in charge to manage it all, because I can understand the legalise better than my wife can. So, now as the itch in my brain with respect to the process won't leave me alone until it's gone and done. While I wait, I answer questions that I think I can answer, or provide opinions...

That said, we are in a spot where it would be better if we could get AIP. Then we might not worry as much. At that point, OHIP access can be granted. It can with the OWP + Job, but I don't think we are holding out hope that my wife's employer will give her that letter. Landing would be ideal, because my wife's grandmother is older and in failing health. She does want to visit home.
Sheldon Cooper. Hahahha that's a good one!
OHIP is something that really bugs me too. I have pet insurance for my cat and yet me as a human being I am here with no coverage at all. I looked for some private insurance that are available on the market but it's so expensive and it covers almost nothing it doesn't worth having it.
On the other hand, I thought the employer cannot say no to that letter once you're off probation period.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
OHIP is something that really bugs me too. I have pet insurance for my cat and yet me as a human being I am here with no coverage at all. I looked for some private insurance that are available on the market but it's so expensive and it covers almost nothing it doesn't worth having it.
On the other hand, I thought the employer cannot say no to that letter once you're off probation period.
I twitch like every time I think about how long it takes -- it doesn't have to.

Pet insurance I don't bother with. If you read the fine print on some of them, they virtually will not pay for anything if an animal was not hermetically sealed in a protective bubble on the floor and unable to move.

Her probationary period is 6 months.... long but that is what was in the contract that she signed. This employer isn't great (my family and I have suggested that if she wanted to quit, we'd support her). She is slugging it out to try to get that letter -- when AIP would be soo much easier! That, or I need to find her some work in the finance department at the uni I work for...

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
I twitch like every time I think about how long it takes -- it doesn't have to.

Pet insurance I don't bother with. If you read the fine print on some of them, they virtually will not pay for anything if an animal was not hermetically sealed in a protective bubble on the floor and unable to move.

Her probationary period is 6 months.... long but that is what was in the contract that she signed. This employer isn't great (my family and I have suggested that if she wanted to quit, we'd support her). She is slugging it out to try to get that letter -- when AIP would be soo much easier! That, or I need to find her some work in the finance department at the uni I work for...
6 months it's a lot... I thought it's around 3 or something like that. But I guess it depends on the job.
My husband also said that once I have the OWP it doesn't mean I hafta jump into the first offer I have; he'd continue to support me so I can take my time and find something that I will really be happy with. But I guess from my position - same as your wife's, we would rather struggle with what's on our plate than having to stay at home and not being able to provide once again. It's indeed frustrating.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
6 months it's a lot... I thought it's around 3 or something like that. But I guess it depends on the job.
My husband also said that once I have the OWP it doesn't mean I hafta jump into the first offer I have; he'd continue to support me so I can take my time and find something that I will really be happy with. But I guess from my position - same as your wife's, we would rather struggle with what's on our plate than having to stay at home and not being able to provide once again. It's indeed frustrating.
We did tell her not to take the first job offered either. I think she was finished with job shopping.

I thought you had already gotten your OWP? I must have been mistaken. When did you apply for it??

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
We did tell her not to take the first job offered either. I think she was finished with job shopping.

I thought you had already gotten your OWP? I must have been mistaken. When did you apply for it??
July, 13. But I'm still waiting for my visitor status to be restored, first, in about 2 weeks or so.

I already stated my job hunting; in some ideal script I hope I'd get an offer by the end of Oct/ early Nov so I can get to work as soon as the permit will arrive in the mail. Wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream :)
I'm still bothered with Ringands' situation. It's been a month since he got the online approval (or something like that) and yet no paper in the mail... That must really be awful!

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
maria_mirabela said:
Guys,

If you are loooking for private insurance . I would say checkr manulife insurance coupled with costco . Costco have great deal on manulife . If you are a costco member (if not get costco membership its around 45$ a year ). You can easily save 20-30$ a month on the insurance . I got around for 55 a month with 0$ deductible and covering around $25000. Thats the best available in market it seems . you can lower the premium by increasing the deductible or decreasing the cover

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
I'm still bothered with Ringands' situation. It's been a month since he got the online approval (or something like that) and yet no paper in the mail... That must really be awful!
I guess it can happen, but it doesn't seem common. If I recall, I think Ringlands is in BC... I would offer to the CIC to drive to Vegreville to pick it up ;). If nothing else, they will definitely try harder to make sure that they deliver it quickly...

Sadly, I know they don't really want people to show up at CPC-Mississauga, so I cannot just walk in to deliver documents by hand -- that would be ideal for me. But appears that maybe CPC-V does permit the public to enter the lobby! They don't state that people can't show up (like they do for CPC-M).

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
Risabh_Canada said:
Guys,

If you are loooking for private insurance . I would say checkr manulife insurance coupled with costco . Costco have great deal on manulife . If you are a costco member (if not get costco membership its around 45$ a year ). You can easily save 20-30$ a month on the insurance . I got around for 55 a month with 0$ deductible and covering around $25000. Thats the best available in market it seems . you can lower the premium by increasing the deductible or decreasing the cover
Thanks! Good to know.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
I guess it can happen, but it doesn't seem common. If I recall, I think Ringlands is in BC... I would offer to the CIC to drive to Vegreville to pick it up ;). If nothing else, they will definitely try harder to make sure that they deliver it quickly...

Sadly, I know they don't really want people to show up at CPC-Mississauga, so I cannot just walk in to deliver documents by hand -- that would be ideal for me. But appears that maybe CPC-V does permit the public to enter the lobby! They don't state that people can't show up (like they do for CPC-M).
I think his permit is just lost in the mail, so showing up wouldn't necessarily mean he'll get a copy right away. But it's worth trying. I for sure would be there every day asking and asking until they would be sick of me!

oliver3575

Aug 3, 2016
profiler said:

I was in the same boat as ringlands. My work permit was issued to me on August 02 - but nothing ever came in the mail. CIC will not do anything about it for 6 weeks. Once 6 weeks hit I called them and they re-issued me my OWP and I received it within 4 days.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
oliver3575 said:
I was in the same boat as ringlands. My work permit was issued to me on August 02 - but nothing ever came in the mail. CIC will not do anything about it for 6 weeks. Once 6 weeks hit I called them and they re-issued me my OWP and I received it within 4 days.
That's really outrageous! Whatta dbags... Pardon my French :|

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
That's really outrageous! Whatta dbags... Pardon my French :|
That's a french word?? I guess I really am bilingual!

Ours showed up with no problems. I am sad to hear others have had issues :(