+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

SA_to_Canada

Oct 3, 2016
Good day everyone. I've been following this form for a little while and thought it was time to add my two cents worth.

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife from South Africa. She has been here in Canada for over 3 years on various visas, never once being out of legal status. Originally, we filed for permanent residency in August 2014 under the in-land route, but had to withdraw that application when my wife returned to South Africa in November 2014 for the funeral of her father. She returned to Canada in January 2015 under a new visitor visa. Since then, she has applied for, and received, a study permit and a 10-year visitor visa to the USA (which is much easier to obtain than a Canadian visitor visa - my wife was never given a multiple visit visa for Canada, yet the USA gives her 10 years...hmm...and we obtained multiple visit visas for her mother and brother....what a system).

We filed a new pr app on Feb 17, 2016 with an OWP app. I received, via email, acknowledgement of my sponsorship app on Apr 8th. My wife received acknowledgement of her pr app on Jun 13th. On Jun 18th, my wife received a letter requesting a police clearance certificate from South Africa, and we sent in the same PCC that we had originally sent with the Aug 2014 app. She received acknowledgement of the PCC submission on Jul 14th. On Jul 19th, she received her OWP (I'm not sure if the two had anything to do with each other).

Since then, we have had deafening silence. When they asked for the PCC in June, we thought we might be in the fast track program. However, we may have made a mistake with the PCC. We explained when we sent the PCC that my wife had only left Canada for 1.5 months to return to SA for her father's funeral, that it would take well beyond 60 days to get a new PCC, and if they would accept the 2014 PCC. But we have heard nothing. This has been gnawing at me since then, so last month we applied anyway for a new PCC from SA, and it has been issued and should arrive via courier this week. I received a pdf version of the PCC and it is clean.

I think by not getting a new PCC at the time requested that we might be back in the wait list. We will submit the new PCC and see what happens. Does anyone know if new information submitted gets one back in the fast track program, or are we now permanently relegated to the 26-month program?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SA_to_Canada said:
Good day everyone. I've been following this form for a little while and thought it was time to add my two cents worth.

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife from South Africa. She has been here in Canada for over 3 years on various visas, never once being out of legal status. Originally, we filed for permanent residency in August 2014 under the in-land route, but had to withdraw that application when my wife returned to South Africa in November 2014 for the funeral of her father. She returned to Canada in January 2015 under a new visitor visa. Since then, she has applied for, and received, a study permit and a 10-year visitor visa to the USA (which is much easier to obtain than a Canadian visitor visa - my wife was never given a multiple visit visa for Canada, yet the USA gives her 10 years...hmm...and we obtained multiple visit visas for her mother and brother....what a system).

We filed a new pr app on Feb 17, 2016 with an OWP app. I received, via email, acknowledgement of my sponsorship app on Apr 8th. My wife received acknowledgement of her pr app on Jun 13th. On Jun 18th, my wife received a letter requesting a police clearance certificate from South Africa, and we sent in the same PCC that we had originally sent with the Aug 2014 app. She received acknowledgement of the PCC submission on Jul 14th. On Jul 19th, she received her OWP (I'm not sure if the two had anything to do with each other).

Since then, we have had deafening silence. When they asked for the PCC in June, we thought we might be in the fast track program. However, we may have made a mistake with the PCC. We explained when we sent the PCC that my wife had only left Canada for 1.5 months to return to SA for her father's funeral, that it would take well beyond 60 days to get a new PCC, and if they would accept the 2014 PCC. But we have heard nothing. This has been gnawing at me since then, so last month we applied anyway for a new PCC from SA, and it has been issued and should arrive via courier this week. I received a pdf version of the PCC and it is clean.

I think by not getting a new PCC at the time requested that we might be back in the wait list. We will submit the new PCC and see what happens. Does anyone know if new information submitted gets one back in the fast track program, or are we now permanently relegated to the 26-month program?
Current statistics from June show that inland apps are actually averaging completion in 22 months. See : http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c .

That said, here is the operational bulletin that IRCC is following with respect to the inventory reduction program: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .

The more interesting parts of this is section 2 File Management. It states:
In addition, while considering medical and passport expiry dates, the Department will process applications without missing documentation ahead of incomplete applications (e.g., files missing police certificate or civil documentation). This means that applications of clients who have submitted all of the documentation on the IRCC checklist with their application will be prioritized for processing.

To ensure that all other applicants have an opportunity to update their application with documentation which is still needed to make a decision, the Department will send out an email to each principal applicant in the targeted inventory asking them to submit, within 60 days of the date of the email,

- any missing civil documentation;
- any missing police certificates;
- proof that they hold a passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity;
- any missing documentation for dependants, including custody documents;
- if the applicant resides in Quebec, a Quebec Selection Certificate;
- a copy of the receipt for the right of permanent residence fee, if not already paid.

For applications where items on the Document Checklist are missing, the Centralized Processing Region (CPR) will prioritize applications based on how quickly applicants respond to requests for missing documentation, such as police certificates and outstanding civil documentation.

I read that as: If you have a straightforward case, and you are not missing docs, you are prioritised first. If you are missing docs, they will request you have them to IRCC in 60 days, and they will handle that group next. Otherwise, you continue at the same pace. They are also adjusting priority to those who answer faster for docs, versus those who take their time.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Z7J said:
How did you notify CIC? Through CSE?
We got the PCC request Aug 10 as well and we haven't heard back from FBI. Deadline is coming up :-[
Our consultant notified them .You should notify them asap that you hae already filed for your FBI PCC , but it will take some time since the processing time is 1 to 3 months , if you dont notify , they might cancel your application.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi Profiler ,

We just called CIC today , to know about the CSE which we made as they had asked for a FBI PCC , even though my husband had not stayed in the USA for more than a month.The lady told us that they might not need the FBI PCC , that is why they havenot replied because they generally dont reply if they dont need it.So do you think its true ? .We have already sent them the Indian PCC required by them as it has got expired and she also confirmed the receipt of the same. So what to do you think , is our file put on hold , or it would still be a part of the inventory reduction programme?Please guide us.

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Hi Profiler ,

We just called CIC today , to know about the CSE which we made as they had asked for a FBI PCC , even though my husband had not stayed in the USA for more than a month.The lady told us that they might not need the FBI PCC , that is why they havenot replied because they generally dont reply if they dont need it.So do you think its true ? .We have already sent them the Indian PCC required by them as it has got expired and she also confirmed the receipt of the same. So what to do you think , is our file put on hold , or it would still be a part of the inventory reduction programme?Please guide us.

Thanks
I'm not a lawyer or a consultant. I can only provide one sick, little man's twisted view of Canadian Immigration. ;)

So take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

They don't answer CSE even when you expressly ask.

Did they request the FBI clearance? If so, I'd get it to them. Moreover, did you tell them the PA was in the USA for more than 1 month at a time in your original filings?

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
profiler said:
I'm not a lawyer or a consultant. I can only provide one sick, little man's twisted view of Canadian Immigration. ;)

So take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

They don't answer CSE even when you expressly ask.

Did they request the FBI clearance? If so, I'd get it to them. Moreover, did you tell them the PA was in the USA for more than 1 month at a time in your original filings?
Hehe .. :) Ok.

Yes , we have already applied for that , will be sending the same as soon as we receive it.No , in the original filings the exact dates are mentioned which is less than 1 month.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
skg1989 said:
hey guys
so finally today my husband got hos work permit in mail.
When did you apply for the OWP?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RV23 said:
Hehe .. :) Ok.

Yes , we have already applied for that , will be sending the same as soon as we receive it.No , in the original filings the exact dates are mentioned which is less than 1 month.
Better safe than sorry, right? If it will be late (probably) just advise them via CSE.

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
profiler said:
Notify them by CSE. Explain you're waiting for FBI. Include a receipt to show ptoof that you tried your best.
thank you!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
skg1989 said:
hey guys
so finally today my husband got hos work permit in mail.
Congrats!

suna12

Sep 28, 2016
Someone would help me?
We are applying for sponsorship inside canada,
My status will expire in November
If we apply for sponsorship and owp,do I still need to extend my
Visitor visa?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
suna12 said:
Someone would help me?
We are applying for sponsorship inside canada,
My status will expire in November
If we apply for sponsorship and owp,do I still need to extend my Visitor visa?
So, the theory is: if you send your application to them and they receive it before the expiry of status, you will have implied status until they send you the OWP (about 4 painful months).

However, you could find that they returned an application because of missing paperwork, or because of a missing signature, or even because one of the forms changed. So, you should try to send it as soon as possible, to reduce this risk.

Additionally, if you find yourself in a situation where they have returned the application, you can apply to have your visitor status restored: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp . But it must be made less than 90 days after status expired.

HTH!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just saw news in the Inland 2015 thread that someone went from SA to Landing in 5 days!

They bypassed AIP and DM; straight to landing!

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
I just saw news in the Inland 2015 thread that someone went from SA to Landing in 5 days!

They bypassed AIP and DM; straight to landing!
I've seen that too! But if I remember it correctly, the app was received early 2015 ( January or something). It seems to me they wanted to recoup for all those month when they just sat there doing nothing... Anywayz... Misterios are the ways of IRCC...