Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
another problem in our situation especially to those expecting/next in line applicant's,.

With strike mandate set to expire August 25, the union is setting the stage to issue 72-hour strike notice

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/08/17/with_strike_mandate_&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases
UPS/ Purolator will make a killing then :)

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Random question, does anyone have a link to mortgages on this forum or know anything about applying when you have a spouse who is a canadian citizen and you (me in this case) are applying for PR status? We will probably be looking for a house soon and wonder if we will get slapped with the 35% downpayment a lot of banks ask for when you are a temporary resident. I would imagine because my spouse is Canadian this will not apply but might mean I cannot be named on the mortgage. We will obviously go to various banks for answers but wondered if anyone had experience on here of applying for mortgages

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Crais84 said:
Random question, does anyone have a link to mortgages on this forum or know anything about applying when you have a spouse who is a canadian citizen and you (me in this case) are applying for PR status? We will probably be looking for a house soon and wonder if we will get slapped with the 35% downpayment a lot of banks ask for when you are a temporary resident. I would imagine because my spouse is Canadian this will not apply but might mean I cannot be named on the mortgage. We will obviously go to various banks for answers but wondered if anyone had experience on here of applying for mortgages
We are sniffing around mortgages in Alberta, even went so far as to go to an appointment in my spouses bank. She was pre-approved for 250K zero down even with outstanding commitments, but I had NOTHING to do with it, nor could I. We are looking at houses in a higher bracket, so naturally, we asked the question. Once I have 3 wage checks and can prove my income AND have PR (OWP does not count) then I can be assessed on her application, and be co-signer, obviously this would increase the mortgage available. I should add in my case, even now, I have Canadian credit cards, issued by my own bank from when I was working here before (the accounts are now 3 years old), that we still make minimum payments on and keep functioning, this was a deliberate move to keep a positive credit history. Even this made not a shred of difference, the magic thing is the PR SIN as far as credit is concerned, this is what the advisor told us...until then, as you stated, as far as they are concerned, you do not exist.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Canad1anAl1en said:
As long as you have responded and explained you have applied, IF a new PCC is needed, they will wait and not penalize your application, I may be wrong and would not be offended if someone said so, but I am under the impression once you communicate with them along those lines, the clock stops, so to speak.
so just this second got an email in reply from the online enquiry about my police certificate request. (i basically said i already submitted one but got this letter asking for it again)...

We verified the information you provided. IRCC uses police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help visa officers make sure you are not a security risk to Canada. It is mandatory to provide these documents in order for your application to be assessed

If you already submitted a police certificate when you applied and you received a second request, please verify that the police certificate was issued no more than six months before you applied.

If you are certain that the certificate you previously provided met the requirements, please send an explanation letter to clarify your situation.

If your certificate was issued more than six months before you applied, you must obtain a new police certificate according to the instructions available on our website and send it to the address below.

Your police certificate or explanation letter must to be sent by mail to:

Case Processing Centre – Vegreville...blah blah

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
so just this second got an email in reply from the online enquiry about my police certificate request. (i basically said i already submitted one but got this letter asking for it again)...

We verified the information you provided. IRCC uses police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help visa officers make sure you are not a security risk to Canada. It is mandatory to provide these documents in order for your application to be assessed

If you already submitted a police certificate when you applied and you received a second request, please verify that the police certificate was issued no more than six months before you applied.

If you are certain that the certificate you previously provided met the requirements, please send an explanation letter to clarify your situation.

If your certificate was issued more than six months before you applied, you must obtain a new police certificate according to the instructions available on our website and send it to the address below.

How old was your PCC?

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
How old was your PCC?
the letter that came with the police certificate was dated 28th April 2016 (i dont have a copy of the actual certificate) so I'm guessing that will be the 'start date' for it so 6 months after is 28th October. CIC recived my application on 11th May 2016 and i havent left Canada since so there's no way i could have accumulated a criminal record not being in my home county (UK) so im pretty sure that would class as a valid certificate.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
the letter that came with the police certificate was dated 28th April 2016 (i dont have a copy of the actual certificate) so I'm guessing that will be the 'start date' for it so 6 months after is 28th October. CIC recived my application on 11th May 2016 and i havent left Canada since so there's no way i could have accumulated a criminal record not being in my home county (UK) so im pretty sure that would class as a valid certificate.
See, this is annoying. CIC should be able to request the PCC like they do for Canadian's through the RCMP. The commonwealth is not 'foreign' to each other. Why can't they access records from Scotland Yard???

/rant

Well, I would apply for another one. They are telling you it was there, but it was out of date, I guess.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
See, this is annoying. CIC should be able to request the PCC like they do for Canadian's through the RCMP. The commonwealth is not 'foreign' to each other. Why can't they access records from Scotland Yard???

/rant

Well, I would apply for another one. They are telling you it was there, but it was out of date, I guess.
this is crazy, my application was 100% complete apart from the police cert and the second it arrived in the mail i added it into the application and sent the whole package on its way to CIC in the mail, you literally cant get any more 'in-date' than that!!!!! and if inland applicants cant leave Canada until they have OWP or PR then it's impossible for me to have a recent criminal record for the UK as i haven't been there since March 7th and applied for the police cert once i had left UK and was here in Canada!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
this is crazy, my application was 100% complete apart from the police cert and the second it arrived in the mail i added it into the application and sent the whole package on its way to CIC in the mail, you literally cant get any more 'in-date' than that!!!!! and if inland applicants cant leave Canada until they have OWP or PR then it's impossible for me to have a recent criminal record for the UK as i haven't been there since March 7th and applied for the police cert once i had left UK and was here in Canada!
Wait, you sent one in already? Apart from the one that was in the application package?

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
profiler said:
Wait, you sent one in already? Apart from the one that was in the application package?
no, only sent the first and only cert i applied for with my application but like i said it couldnt be any more in date when is sent it

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Ringlands said:

Just got the same letter, in response to my CSE...it actually makes me feel a bit better about applying for a PCC over the weekend.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Canad1anAl1en said:
Just got the same letter, in response to my CSE...it actually makes me feel a bit better about applying for a PCC over the weekend.
im so confused now, after that reply from CSE i was feeling confident a letter would be fine but now you guys are saying you're happy you re-applied for another certificate??!! :-\

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys,

When you received your email for PCC request for the second time, is it stated there that based on their records they don't have your PCC?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ringlands said:
im so confused now, after that reply from CSE i was feeling confident a letter would be fine but now you guys are saying you're happy you re-applied for another certificate??!! :-\
If you have sent them a certificate that is less than 6 months from today, then don't worry. They may not have received it. If not, then get a new one.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Ringlands said:
Thats me personally, my circumstances are different to yours, I knew my cert was 9 months old when i applied.