18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
Pedropil: My application processing started on May 13th and I got it approved on Aug 18th.I havent received the hard copy yet but I have received a pdf online copy of the work permit which I can use until my paper copy arrives.
Mine was received by CIC last May 16 stated in my AOR, i am near on the next process. I hope my OWP arrive soon.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
pedropil said:
Mine was received by CIC last May 16 stated in my AOR, i am near on the next process. I hope my OWP arrive soon.
pedropil - are there any updates on your ecas or my cic such as background checks started etc? or does it just say open?

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Ringlands said:
pedropil - are there any updates on your ecas or my cic such as background checks started etc? or does it just say open?
Nothings change. Will check again in the next few days.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Well, took a big chomp on that bullet, applied for a new PCC over the weekend online based on the letter I posted, I have lost all confidence now. Ended up going for normal processing and getting it couriered over (to be safe, and make sure it is not held up in customs) and ordered a second copy at the same time, should be with me in about 14 days, then straight to the post office and get it xpress posted to Vegreville in about 16-17 days total (from doc request to then will be about 39 days..as close as I want to cut it). Cost to me and the wife was 166 dollars (99 British pounds), I will be gutted if the original one WAS okay, on one wage 166 dollars is a LOT of money.

As an earlier poster stated, I have invested 1250 dollars in all this, I couldn't take the chance of refusal for want of 166 more.

Best of luck to all

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Well, took a big chomp on that bullet, applied for a new PCC over the weekend online based on the letter I posted, I have lost all confidence now. Ended up going for normal processing and getting it couriered over (to be safe, and make sure it is not held up in customs) and ordered a second copy at the same time, should be with me in about 14 days, then straight to the post office and get it xpress posted to Vegreville in about 16-17 days total (from doc request to then will be about 39 days..as close as I want to cut it). Cost to me and the wife was 166 dollars (99 British pounds), I will be gutted if the original one WAS okay, on one wage 166 dollars is a LOT of money.

As an earlier poster stated, I have invested 1250 dollars in all this, I couldn't take the chance of refusal for want of 166 more.

Best of luck to all
We did have the same debate here about it. And, well, it just seemed better to just make them happy. So, we ordered one too. Our trouble is, it will likely take up most of the 60 days just for us to get it...

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
We did have the same debate here about it. And, well, it just seemed better to just make them happy. So, we ordered one too. Our trouble is, it will likely take up most of the 60 days just for us to get it...
As long as you have responded and explained you have applied, IF a new PCC is needed, they will wait and not penalize your application, I may be wrong and would not be offended if someone said so, but I am under the impression once you communicate with them along those lines, the clock stops, so to speak.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
As long as you have responded and explained you have applied, IF a new PCC is needed, they will wait and not penalize your application, I may be wrong and would not be offended if someone said so, but I am under the impression once you communicate with them along those lines, the clock stops, so to speak.
They are reasonable people. From what I understand, they might even send a follow up 'Hey we didn't see your paperwork' message too. But I have tried via CSE and Call Centre to reach them to notify them that it may be delayed a little (the Russian Consulate claims it may take 60 days). I was told my the Call Centre that the clock stops as soon as you make an information request. It is up to the officers to reply to you in a timely fashion. Take that detail with a pound of salt, obviously.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
I had a crazy thought..(disclaimer: this is an Alien crazy thought, no substance, proof, etc).

Suppose the civil servants realized there was no way they could complete the streamlining by the years end, and did not want to feel the wrath of a liberal minister/government for whom this is one of their central manifesto pledges..

Picture the scene, a smoky office, with lots of senior bods from IRCC sitting round the table, brain-storming suddenly one says..

"I've got it...lets make it the Applicants fault we cannot process them!". The rest of the table looks on in hope, he continues

"lets send out such a double dutch written letter in finest Bureaucratic language about something...oww I don't know...PCC's they are essential right?? " he continues as everyone nods and looks at the officer as if he is the Angel from Heaven.

"request a new PCC from them, but make the letter in such a way as we are NOT requesting the thing, yes i know the guidelines say old ones are fine, but when have we EVER followed the rules..then when they don't reply with a new PCC, send out a letter saying we are sorry, but don't worry we have not thrown away their applications, we don;t want them complaining to someone that will listen after all, and will freeze them until we get the documents, when the minister queries the delay, we say that the applicants screwed up our extremely efficient system...not our fault, but owing to this we need to extend their processing until May" He sits down to rapturous applause and murmurs of civil servantdom has been saved.

Eric Plant, civil servant grade 9s, one of the more junior members of the group says

"But isn't our extremely efficient system to place all the files on the floor, and which ever one, fluffy (civil servant cat grade C1) uses as a litter box we refuse, and which ever one blows onto a desk gets processed until it gets blown back on the floor?"

Eric is hushed, reminded of his IRCC oath of office, and threatened with being put on processing student visas from China without a Chinese translator program, the last civil servant handed this especially vile punishment (who's vile crime was processing TWO visas in one day!), was taken out of the office 4 days later, naked, save for his tie and ID pass, luckily it was a long tie and saved womens blushes, having stamped himself all over with his DECLINED stamp and gibbering about birds walking across the pages making marks and demanding entry! No one wanted that fate... So Eric went silent.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Note: the above is written to try and lighten the mood as it feels like some people are ready to pop..sorry if it offends

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Note: the above is written to try and lighten the mood as it feels like some people are ready to pop..sorry if it offends
Who's ready to pop? Not us :). Though the story didn't quite seem realistic...

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
makpan said:
How many pages of what's app history should be submitted to CIC ? Mine is close to 750 pages
quality over quantity, i would take a sample that could show ongoing communication (say 2 pages for each month or week) but state clearly that you have 750 pages if required, you submit 750 pages, and the first thing that will happen is they will shred most of them, just such a thing happened to a poster on the GCMS thread, it was actually noted on their notes that most of what was submitted (at great cost to the applicant) was shredded to make the file workable.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Who's ready to pop? Not us :). Though the story didn't quite seem realistic...
A bit of fun, my fingers started dancing and I could not stop the flow of written diarrhea, it was actually supposed to be a serious post before my brain got in the way.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
A bit of fun, my fingers started dancing and I could not stop the flow of written diarrhea, it was actually supposed to be a serious post before my brain got in the way.
Is it fair to say you might be going stir crazy without a OWP? I know my wife definitely went crazy without it...

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Is it fair to say you might be going stir crazy without a OWP? I know my wife definitely went crazy without it...
Ohhh most assuredly...my time in the hole has been particularly long, as I have been here since Nov last year, not working, not doing anything except being a house husband...we could not afford the fees initially.