Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Ohhh most assuredly...my time in the hole has been particularly long, as I have been here since Nov last year, not working, not doing anything except being a house husband...we could not afford the fees initially.
Yeah she was here Sept 22 of last year. So, I feel badly for your wife.... You must be driving her crazy!

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Yeah she was here Sept 22 of last year. So, I feel badly for your wife.... You must be driving her crazy!
No, she works away owing to the industry..she comes home 1 day a week (she must work so much to keep two on the one salary). I will actually see a lot more of her when I start work and we work at the same location. If it was not for Alien dog's routine keeping me sane, I'm sure by now I would be sitting here with a rubber glove blown up stuck on my head clucking like a chicken and trying to hatch a water melon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
No, she works away owing to the industry..she comes home 1 day a week. I will actually see a lot more of her when I start work and we work at the same location. If it was not for Alien dog's routine keeping me sane, I'm sure by now I would be sitting here with a rubber glove blown up stuck on my head clucking like a chicken.
Well, I'll give you a tip: if you do put the glove over your head, make sure you don't put it over your nose. Don't ask how I know that. Keeping in mind, you have to wait until you have AIP to get health insurance....

That aside, I have come to learn a lot about the CIC/IRCC process. I was born in Canada, so I never have had the distinct...pleasure....of dealing with anything relating to immigration. It's definitely a frustrating thing to experience. Maybe Justin can stop photo-bombing weddings, and spend some time fixing it.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Well, I'll give you a tip: if you do put the glove over your head, make sure you don't put it over your nose. Don't ask how I know that. Keeping in mind, you have to wait until you have AIP to get health insurance....

That aside, I have come to learn a lot about the CIC/IRCC process. I was born in Canada, so I never have had the distinct...pleasure....of dealing with anything relating to immigration. It's definitely a frustrating thing to experience. Maybe Justin can stop photo-bombing weddings, and spend some time fixing it.
If they fix it, they have to admit it was broken! My wife freely admits if even half of the Canadians in the country REALLY knew what was going on..they wouldn't stand for people being treated like this by a government acting in their name, but they are drip-fed propaganda that we are all only after that passport, and marriage fraud is rampant, and we all want to drain the public purse, and bring over every relative that we have at home.

I actually want us to live in Scotland, I freely admit that, a lot of what I'm about to describe is only possible because of the Scottish Government but... NHS totally free health care, totally free prescriptions, Social Security if disabled/sick full Unemployment and Housing Benefit (rent paid) if out of work, subsidized council housing stock in every area for low-waged..so everyone has a home, free University (no cost, loans, nothing) for ALL children of Scottish parents in a Scottish University..this is deemed a "right", milder winters, fantastic public transport systems, a much better old age pension..seriously. Food costs that most Canadians could only dream about (a gallon of milk.$1.50, loaf of bread 75 cents, tin of beans 15 cents), ..these aren't rose tinted glasses, these are facts. But my wife won't leave Canada..so what can I do? PS my other family members wouldn't come over (except for a free holiday...they are Scottish) if you gave them that visa gold-plated, when they hear I sit in pain for 3 months as I couldn't afford to see the dentist (as I did) they all realize it must be love...nothing else would make me endure, I assure you. The part of that, that is ironic is my sister in Scotland IS a dentist!

Oww and the icing on the cake...make an appointment with the UK immigration at the office in London, go in with my wife and all our documents, sit in front of the officer who will decide my case, leave my wifes passport, spend the night in a hotel, go back in the morning and pick up her passport with her permanent residency in it...but of COURSE I just want that Canadian passport....Thankfully my good lady has now consented if I get refused...my kilt comes out for my homecoming, even she can see now which way would be best.

But we won't get refused..our case is one of the strongest, even down to how we met, working together, a friendship became a relationship...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
If they fix it, they have to admit it was broken! My wife freely admits if even half of the Canadians in the country REALLY knew what was going on..they wouldn't stand for people being treated like this by a government acting in their name, but they are drip-fed propaganda that we are all only after that passport, and marriage fraud is rampant, and we all want to drain the public purse, and bring over every relative that we have at home.

I actually want us to live in Scotland, I freely admit that, NHS totally free health care, free prescriptions, Social Security if disabled/sick, subsidized council housing stock for low-waged, free University for ALL children, a lot milder winters, fantastic public transport systems, a much better old age
pension..these aren't rose tinted glasses, these are facts. But my wife won't leave Canada..so what can I do? PS my other family members wouldn't come over (except for a free holiday...they are Scottish) if you gave them that visa gold-plated, when they hear I sit in pain for 3 months as I couldn't afford to see the dentist (as I did) they all realize it must be love...nothing else would make me endure, I assure you.

Oww and the icing on the cake...make an appointment with the UK immigration at the office in London, go in with my wife and all our documents, sit in front of the officer who will decide my case, leave my wifes passport, spend the night in a hotel, go back in the morning and pick up her passport with her permanent residency in it...but of COURSE I just want that Canadian passport....Thankfully my good lady has now consented if I get refused...my kilt comes out for my homecoming, even she can see now which way would be best.

But we won't get refused..our case is one of the strongest, even down to how we met, working together, a friendship became a relationship...
There are also advantages to having a Canadian passport. But I do understand what you are saying. The US gets the green-card fraud a lot. And having a mix of American and Canadian content on TV doesn't help. That said, yes it does actually happen.

Isn't NHS broke? We watch BBC News in the mornings, and I seem to recall a lot of problems around NHS in the run-up to Brexit.

Why couldn't you go to a dentist? Does your wife's employer not supply extended health coverage?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
There are also advantages to having a Canadian passport. But I do understand what you are saying. The US gets the green-card fraud a lot. And having a mix of American and Canadian content on TV doesn't help. That said, yes it does actually happen.

Isn't NHS broke? We watch BBC News in the mornings, and I seem to recall a lot of problems around NHS in the run-up to Brexit.

Why couldn't you go to a dentist? Does your wife's employer not supply extended health coverage?
Unless it broke in the last few months....no, it's still going strong..prime example In my home in Scotland, I had 4 major trauma centers, and two minor treatment centers each specializing in certain branches of medicine (2 of them world-renowned) within that Golden hour of travel (when life can best be saved), an ambulance station within 8 minutes at "blues and two's" of everyone's home...and if that could not be provided paramedic cover in fast response cars to get to you within 8 minutes..(souped up Estates), and actually encouraged to call them out if you suspected a serious condition..if it turned out it wasn't, they still took you to hospital for free. The NHS even provide ambulance buses to enable "walking wounded" (broken legs/wheel chairs etc) to get to out-patient appointments at the hospital safely. The BBC on more than one occasion has been guilty of slanting their reporting towards which ever way their political will is at that time...sad but true....impartial they are not...despite their claims, any time the Government of the day need to reel them in and get them "on message", they just start talking about abolishing the license fee which every TV owner in the UK pays annually (and resents), which pays for the BBC, no license fee and suddenly a lot of mid-thirties and early forties with young families would be made redundant from cushy jobs with expense accounts, the same people that decide how things are reported. (if you check the license fee being abolished amazingly seems to come up just before some major event...such as Brexit...we Brits just smile at the "coincidence"..each time it comes to nothing, but the message is loud and clear at Television Center..play the game..or else)

My wives benefits are pay up and claim....my dental bill (extensive work, rotten tooth, abscess etc etc which ended up infecting other areas) took an entire pay check..and her cheque's are not small, granted we got a large portion of that back 7 days later, but we had to find that first and wait. I think I should qualify my earlier statement, I hid my distress for 3 months as I knew we did not have the money to pay for it (I broke a tooth initially), but my wife would make damn sure I got my treatment, when she did find out I was dragged in and I'm still getting lectures about hiding it and putting my health at risk...got to love her.

As for marriage fraud...if it is wide-spread and needs cracking down on...try and find figures of successful actions taken by IRCC..not suspected cases..or cases they are "investigating", cases it was proved..for some reason they are not that easy to find (could it be because the ratio of successful cases v all completed Spousal PR applicants is frighteningly small?), but if you give the impression it is widespread and rampant, and the reason we need to wait 2 years is to enable extensive anti-fraud checks..well thats ok... the reason is not that successive governments have screwed the pooch so much it's yelping with regards to Spousal Immigration, and this is a handy get-out when confronted with an unpleasant truth.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Well, took a big chomp on that bullet, applied for a new PCC over the weekend online based on the letter I posted, I have lost all confidence now. Ended up going for normal processing and getting it couriered over (to be safe, and make sure it is not held up in customs) and ordered a second copy at the same time, should be with me in about 14 days, then straight to the post office and get it xpress posted to Vegreville in about 16-17 days total (from doc request to then will be about 39 days..as close as I want to cut it). Cost to me and the wife was 166 dollars (99 British pounds), I will be gutted if the original one WAS okay, on one wage 166 dollars is a LOT of money.

As an earlier poster stated, I have invested 1250 dollars in all this, I couldn't take the chance of refusal for want of 166 more.

Best of luck to all
See the following news article (it's from June):
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/06/18/ottawa-cutting-spousal-sponsorship-backlog.html

That means they are going to assess your case soon to see if they can squeeze you in before December. Same with us! Everyone who got the PCC should do as the CIC asks.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
See the following news article (it's from June):
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/06/18/ottawa-cutting-spousal-sponsorship-backlog.html

That means they are going to assess your case soon to see if they can squeeze you in before December. Same with us! Everyone who got the PCC should do as the CIC asks.
You mean provide a new PCC again for the second time? Even if you are very certain that you submitted one already.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
You mean provide a new PCC again for the second time? Even if you are very certain that you submitted one already.
If they sent you a letter, follow the instructions. If you have already followed the instructions, then just wait.

mcrystald

Aug 4, 2014
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

What is the current processing time for inland sponsorship (newly married couple w/o kids)

I see online it says 26 months, but i notice some people are getting it earlier/faster.

Additionally I am currently on a PGWP which is expiring next June. If we get our application in by Dec/Jan latest, by when would i get the OWP and how long is it usually valid for?

Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mcrystald said:
Hi All,

What is the current processing time for inland sponsorship (newly married couple w/o kids)

I see online it says 26 months, but i notice some people are getting it earlier/faster.

Additionally I am currently on a PGWP which is expiring next June. If we get our application in by Dec/Jan latest, by when would i get the OWP and how long is it usually valid for?

Thanks.
There really isn't any way to know what the processing times would be. Right now, the IRCC (CIC) is in the process of flushing out the spousal sponsorship backlog as fast as they can before the end of the year. Until they complete that, no one can even guess how many applications would be left over. So assume 26 months.

OWP is delivered typically before 4 months, and is valid for 2 years. Once you file your OWP application, you do have implied status until they decide.

mcrystald

Aug 4, 2014
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks profiler!

A few more questions, I got my PCC done in two countries already, I am waiting to get my Canadian one done closer to the submission date.

Would anyone happen to know how long the USA FBI clearance and the Oman Police Clearance is valid for.

I got the Oman PCC in June of this year, and last week I received the FBI PCC.

Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mcrystald said:
Thanks profiler!

A few more questions, I got my PCC done in two countries already, I am waiting to get my Canadian one done closer to the submission date.

Would anyone happen to know how long the USA FBI clearance and the Oman Police Clearance is valid for.

Thanks.
CIC only recognises them for 6 months (might be a year now). So you might want to pass them through the appropriate channels closer to when you are applying.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
mcrystald said:
Thanks profiler!

Thanks.
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Based on the post here before, your PCC should not be more than 6 months from the date of issue when you submit your application.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
another problem in our situation especially to those expecting/next in line applicant's,.

With strike mandate set to expire August 25, the union is setting the stage to issue 72-hour strike notice

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/08/17/with_strike_mandate_&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases