+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

egerman41

May 13, 2016
canimm2386 said:
so to answer the above...i didn't link my owp online it was paper base application with the inland spousal sponsorship.

I did receive it physically in the mail and I believe that is tfw only way anyone will receive it.

also I had to call cic few times before they got this done..so my suggestion if it's over processing time just call..be nice to them and they can run it thru for you
Thank you, very helpful! I am on hold with CIC now, so fingers crossed...

egerman41

May 13, 2016
Hi all! I have an update!

I got through on the phone and spoke to a CIC officer. She said my OWP was still "in process" but since it is past processing times, she went ahead and sent a message to instruct whoever processes OWP apps they should be processing mine.

She also gave me my OWP application number, which I used to successfully link my paper application to myCIC! It didn't work the first few times, UNTIL I didn't include "city/country of birth" and ONLY included "passport information."

Fingers crossed the OWP status changes from "not started" to "approved" soon!

naviboy

Apr 29, 2016
Hello
The work-permit issued under the Inland Application is normally valid for a maximum period of 2 years or the date your passport is expiring if its expiring within those 2 years.
The current processing time for INLAND APPLICATIONs is within 20-27 months, so if the one you have is about to expire it can be renewed for additional 2 years with the same form 2-3 months before the expiry date.

Your wife's visitor visa is valid till 2019, so that means the passport is valid until then. If all goes well, your wife's work permit would be valid for 2 years.

naviboy
mohammedessam said:
Hello
I have a question about the OWP
I believe that it's valid for 12 months (not sure)
What happens after the 12 months
Do you need to reapply again for a new OWP or you can extend it
In general, how long does it take to process the application for inland sponsorship
My wife have a visitor visa valid till 2019
Currently she have a sponsorship application that is being processed at the AD VO

But it looks like they are taking forever to process our application
It has been 13 months and they haven't even started the criminality / eligibility/ security checks according to the last GCMS that i received

naviboy

Apr 29, 2016
Hi

The timeline to get AIP is currently varying 8 months - 16 months. They are doing applications from March 2015 and also doing some from September 2015 as well.

naviboy

lanfigo67 said:
Hi all,

congrats to all who have already received approval and ill like to commend you guys for being so awesome with this thread.

Im in the process of applying for my PR- inland through my wife but we fall under the " condition 51" category. i Just wanna know how long it usually takes to get your " approval in principle" under this category. I am an international student and im wondering if its worth waiting for the approval so as to pay domestic fees or i just go ahead with paying international tuition.

Any help will be much appreciated.

naviboy

Apr 29, 2016
Hi

for applying INLAND, the total fee is $1040 ( $75 Sponsorship fee, $475 Primary applicant fee and $490 PR Landing fee). You do not have to pay the full $1040 upfront but you have to pay the $550 ( 75 Sponsorship fee, $475 Primary applicant fee ) when you send in your application.

if you are also applying for work-permit you need to pay additional $255 ($155 work permit fee and $100 open work-permit holder fee)

all in all, right now you need to pay $550 + $255.
You can pay $490 when you get AIP (Approval in Principle) which is months away.

naviboy
zozo123 said:
Hello everyone.

I am in desperate need of help!
Can someone please walk me through some of the things I have to do as I really don't want to pay the massive amount of money to a representative.

I am applying for an INLAND sponsorship for my wife and this is the stage I am currently at:

- I am using the Document Checklist for inland sponsorship and have checked each one and should be ready to mail.
- Looking into getting an open work permit if I am required to, haven't done anything for it.

Questions:

- How much do I need to pay for the inland sponsorship?
The CIC website says: $550 for Sponsorship application (per application) and Principal applicant (spouse or common-law partner).
Is this the full amount? Or do I need to pay more for something else.

- Is this payment due before I submit the application?

Note that my wife is here on a visit visa and has been in the country for almost 3 months and 10 days.

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated!!!

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
egerman41 said:

I got through on the phone and spoke to a CIC officer. She said my OWP was still "in process" but since it is past processing times, she went ahead and sent a message to instruct whoever processes OWP apps they should be processing mine.

She also gave me my OWP application number, which I used to successfully link my paper application to myCIC! It didn't work the first few times, UNTIL I didn't include "city/country of birth" and ONLY included "passport information."

Wow, thanks for the update!

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
egerman41 said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh man, once I read your post, and then went back into MyCIC, everything clicked into place. EITHER town/country of birth, OR passport information. Now my application is linked to my account! But no progress/not in progress at all. Baby steps...

egerman41

May 13, 2016
vaya said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh man, once I read your post, and then went back into MyCIC, everything clicked into place. EITHER town/country of birth, OR passport information. Now my application is linked to my account! But no progress/not in progress at all. Baby steps...
Oh good I'm so glad it worked for you!! Yup, baby steps!

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
Finally I was able to link my OWP app. Although I had a MyCIC account when I applied to my visitor visa, I created a new one through "Sing-in with Partner" option. It worked without the UCI number i got when applied to visitor visa.

Temp Residence---> Work permit--->Last and Given names and birth date combination----> left in BLANK city and country---> passport info---->Canada--->Marital Status----> Applied to Perm Res as spouse/CL inside Canada (last option).

It does give you an application code that starts with a "W" so my guess it is in fact an OWP application linked and not my PR application.
I also got an e-mail saying than my app was linked.

Thank you for sharing the info guys.

BHEJ

May 17, 2016
HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY FRIEND SPONSORSHIP CASE. SHE LANDED IN CANADA FEB 2014 WITH HER SPOUSAL ON FEDERAL SKILLED PROGRAM. AFTER THAT THEY FILLED DIVORCE WITH MUTUAL CONSENT IN JANUARY 2015 AND GOT DECISION IN JULY 2015. NOW SHE MARRIED AGAIN AND WANT TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN DIVORCE PAPER IT IS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE SEPARATED BY NOVEMBER 2013. MY QUESTION IS .....WILL CIC AERIES AN QUESTION ABOUT HER PREVIOUS SEPARATION....LIKE HOW THEY WERE LANDED TOGETHER IN JAN 2014, IF THEY WERE SEPARATED IN JANUARY 2013.

MAG_SH

May 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
We sent the application in December 27, 2015. after that we received the email in the sponsor's email in February, 2016 saying

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor XXX XXXX on December 30, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2016.

I didn't send the OWP application with the PR application. I'm wondering if I can apply for OWP online now or do I have to wait for sponsor approve first?

mp8472

May 15, 2016
mp8472 said:
Looking for a little advise on what to do next:

I've been living with my common law partner here in Canada for the past two years (originally IEC Visa, then two six month visitor visa extensions)

I submitted inland sponsorship back on March 14th, as her status was about to expire in early May. The Application was returned due to a missing form (sponsor evaluation form IMM 5481), and I received the returned application in the mail this past week.

Now that she doesn't have status, can I simply resubmit the paperwork with the form attached, or is there another process I need to go through to make her status valid again? Will any of this affect her OWP application?

Thanks for any help.
So I submitted a 'restoration of status' application online, and paid yet another $200 to these people. Should we resubmit the application now along with a note stating that we've applied for restoration of status (I imagine the restoration will probably go through before they actually look at the application again in Mississauga) or just wait for confirmation of restoration of status, and redo the appliation? I'm more worried about how it would affect the OWP application if she's applying for it while not in status.

Phoenix246

May 4, 2016
Hello everyone. Just receive OWP today! We're a Jan. 20 2016 applicant. Hope those waiting for owp receives theirs soon :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Phoenix246 said:
Hello everyone. Just receive OWP today! We're a Jan. 20 2016 applicant. Hope those waiting for owp receives theirs soon :)
congrats phoenix!!!
Zumbagirl

pls update the spreadsheet

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phoenix246 said:
Congrats! :)