16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
egerman41 said:
What number have people used to successfully get in contact with a CIC official?

I have called 1-888-242-2100 and entered the combo 1-1-1-1 to go through the menus, but have always been told they are busy and to call back later.
This was happening to us all the time. Someone suggested ringing between 3 - 4pm Wed or Thurs & they don't seem to be so busy. We rang on a Tues about 2pm and finally got through.

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
canimm2386 said:
Great news ..Jan 20th applicant...got my owp today!
Congrats!! My app arrived exactly a month later, so fingers crossed! :)

lanfigo67

May 17, 2016
Hi all,

congrats to all who have already received approval and ill like to commend you guys for being so awesome with this thread.

Im in the process of applying for my PR- inland through my wife but we fall under the " condition 51" category. i Just wanna know how long it usually takes to get your " approval in principle" under this category. I am an international student and im wondering if its worth waiting for the approval so as to pay domestic fees or i just go ahead with paying international tuition.

Any help will be much appreciated.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
canimm2386 said:
Congratulations. Did you physically receive OWP via mail today or notified by email or saw it was approved online?

zozo123

Jan 3, 2016
Hello everyone.

I am in desperate need of help!
Can someone please walk me through some of the things I have to do as I really don't want to pay the massive amount of money to a representative.

I am applying for an INLAND sponsorship for my wife and this is the stage I am currently at:

- I am using the Document Checklist for inland sponsorship and have checked each one and should be ready to mail.
- Looking into getting an open work permit if I am required to, haven't done anything for it.

Questions:

- How much do I need to pay for the inland sponsorship?
The CIC website says: $550 for Sponsorship application (per application) and Principal applicant (spouse or common-law partner).
Is this the full amount? Or do I need to pay more for something else.

- Is this payment due before I submit the application?

Note that my wife is here on a visit visa and has been in the country for almost 3 months and 10 days.

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated!!!

egerman41

May 13, 2016
sipfarms said:
This was happening to us all the time. Someone suggested ringing between 3 - 4pm Wed or Thurs & they don't seem to be so busy. We rang on a Tues about 2pm and finally got through.
Thanks! I will give that a try! Keeping my fingers crossed the OWP shows up this week....Jan 18th applicant...

egerman41

May 13, 2016
canimm2386 said:
Just to confirm...most people have NOT been able to link their OWP application online, correct? Nor have received any word about their OWP via the PR AOR page? We are just hoping it comes in ASAP based on the apx 4 month time frame? Just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one at/near/past the 4-month mark with no word yet...

canimm2386

Mar 21, 2016
so to answer the above...i didn't link my owp online it was paper base application with the inland spousal sponsorship.

I did receive it physically in the mail and I believe that is tfw only way anyone will receive it.

also I had to call cic few times before they got this done..so my suggestion if it's over processing time just call..be nice to them and they can run it thru for you

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimm2386 said:
so to answer the above...i didn't link my owp online it was paper base application with the inland spousal sponsorship.

I did receive it physically in the mail and I believe that is tfw only way anyone will receive it.

also I had to call cic few times before they got this done..so my suggestion if it's over processing time just call..be nice to them and they can run it thru for you
Thanks canimm2386, this post will sure help a lot of us. :)

Also how many months did you wait, before you made your first call, cause I noticed you had to call them a few times?

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi everyone , Do we need to send originAl option C ? In document checklist didnt say original but in sponsorship evaluation still say original option c ? anyone sending their application already please give an idea , thank you so muchhhhb

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hello
I have a question about the OWP
I believe that it's valid for 12 months (not sure)
What happens after the 12 months
Do you need to reapply again for a new OWP or you can extend it
In general, how long does it take to process the application for inland sponsorship
My wife have a visitor visa valid till 2019
Currently she have a sponsorship application that is being processed at the AD VO

But it looks like they are taking forever to process our application
It has been 13 months and they haven't even started the criminality / eligibility/ security checks according to the last GCMS that i received