19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
CanadianAlien said:
Letter reproduced below:

Dear Sir,

I am currently the spouse of a Canadian Citizen and am currently in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship inland for permanent residency status. We applied on the 1st of June of this year and as of today's date our application has not even been looked at or even been shown as received. In the process of my application I applied for the Open Work permit and have been told I must wait 4 months for the same….why?

A Temporary workers spouse is issued, at port of entry, an open work permit for the same validity as the spouses work permit…no waiting…there and then.

A Students spouse is issued an open work permit at the border there and then…no waiting.

A Canadian Citizens Spouse is told to include an application for an open work permit with their PR application, which will sit unopened for 4 weeks in a mail room, at this point they start processing the application and issue the work permit 4 months later..

Canada is admired the world over for it’s equality…so can the other categories spouses be told to wait 4-5 months for their permits, or can the Canadian Spouses be allowed on Receipt of the AOR (acknowledgment of Receipt of application) to go to a border post and be issued with their work permit…taking that processing down to weeks rather than months?

Yours
CanadianAlien

Interestingly enough, I got my AOR's VERY quickly.....wonder if maybe they said, this ones trouble..rush him through...i can dream!
I have lived in Canada as a temporary worker and as a student. If I'm correct you still have to apply, include personal information, security checks, etc. at times months before you enter Canada? I believe my student visa application alone started almost a year before I actually arrived in Canada. Plus, I had to be accepted at a Canadian university in order to qualify for the visa.
In all those instances, if I would have been married, I believe my partner would still have to undergo an application process with security background checks - and not just 4 months ahead of time.

Besides that, I had a travel insurance for the time that I was waiting for my OWP to go through, and it cost me actually less than MSP.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
after open work permit what next on my application?! thank u!...

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Hallo everyone.
Am new to this forum.Wanted to ask how long it takes cic to complete an application after AIP has been issued?Thanks

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
this morning we linked our application to the MyCIC account. (sponsorship application that is)
anticlimactic. no useful info there hopefully someone will update it sometimes... :-[ :-[ :-[

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
Linked my sponsorship application my CIC account. It's awesome, shows all the steps. It says it's opened and background check is in process. I'm not sure if it's because I sent it in with my application (police check) or because they are actually reviewing it and my sponsor's and the eligibility step is up next for me but it's a good sign,I think. I'm so impatient. I hope they send me something soon. I strongly reccomend everyone to link it that way. It's a lot more detailed and you can also receive monthly updates about your application which is awesome.

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
HOW CAN I LINK MY APPLICATION WHILE I HAVENT DONE ANY LANGUAGE TEST COZ I NEVER SEEM TO PASS THROUGH WITHOUT ANSWERING THAT PART?

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
Guys whats next after i recieved my Open Work permit? what next is next? am i safe now?

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
zumbagirl said:
this morning we linked our application to the MyCIC account. (sponsorship application that is)
anticlimactic. no useful info there hopefully someone will update it sometimes... :-[ :-[ :-[
I tried to do it, unsuccessfully though. Maybe it's because it's too soon in my case. Can you share which details did you input? Thank you.

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I'm having trouble linking our PR app onto the Mycic account as well. We tried 4 different times with no success. If someone who got it to work could let us no which selection you made that would be great :)

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
german97 said:
I'm having trouble linking our PR app onto the Mycic account as well. We tried 4 different times with no success. If someone who got it to work could let us no which selection you made that would be great :)
not sure if it is even worth bothering, there is even less info there than if you just sign into "check my application status" from the main screen

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
german97 said:
UCI and Last name

then enter personal details (PP # and dates)

then intended place to settle (or something similar)

then number of people on the application. (this is you AND

!!!!!!!! your sponsor (2). if you have kids that is probably extra people)

good luck
zumbaG

ps.:
we have linked it successfully but learned nothing concrete about our app..... so dont get frustrated if cant link, yo are not missing much

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
zumbagirl said:
UCI and Last name

then enter personal details (PP # and dates)

then intended place to settle (or something similar)

then number of people on the application. (this is you AND

!!!!!!!! your sponsor (2). if you have kids that is probably extra people)

good luck
zumbaG

ps.:
we have linked it successfully but learned nothing concrete about our app..... so dont get frustrated if cant link, yo are not missing much
2 was the magic number I was missing...

Thanks Zumba!

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I linked my inland application in MyCIC account and my application status in opened. But only "A background check is needed" is In Progress.
Review of eligibility is not in progress or started yet. We have got AOR1 and AOR2. Anyone else having this? Because what I have seen only, people have both in progress at same time or Review of eligibility, but not like mine.

Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Not Started Help
Review of medical results Not needed at this time Help
Review of submitted documents Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time Help
A background check is needed In Progress Help
Final decision Not Started

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Everyone. Thanks Zumbagirl!

We were able to link it but like Zumba said there is nothing there.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Not Started
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents -----
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started