Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
Crais84 said:
If you have been here since 2012 and applying for new work permits how come you have not gone into implied status whilst applying? Implied status means you can still work until your new work permit is issued or a decision is made on your case. My work permit expired in Feb 2016 and I was under implied status until June 2016 when my new work permit was issued. Worked all through Feb, March, April and May without any issues or problems. I am confused as to why you would not automatically go into implied status. Did you not have a work permit issued after your first one ran out in 2014?
i actually never said I had been in Canada since 2012, but if you are interested....

Nope, we got caught in the "low skilled putting Canadians out of work" backlash in 2014, my LMO was renewed (as not low skilled) for another 2 years...then revoked (we found out at the border, what great fun after a 900km drive, the CBSA agent actually said we were victims of timing, as the media broke the story about tims and Mcd's 2 weeks prior...gov knee jerked and revoked a lot of LMO's they shouldn't have....but such is life). I have been in my home country fella, working, to keep myself legal, thankfully my skillset is needed on both sides of the pond, only been back in Canada for 10 months (since getting married), but squeaky clean as far as CIC are concerned. I left within 90 days of losing status, left behind a house, car with my g/friend as she was then. (We did not have 1yr common law and we had a wedding booked and paid for, guests invited, hotel rooms and caterers paid,flights for my family and hers paid for so I was damned I was bringing it forward just to stay in the country, and I always do things by the book, so no right to stay). The one good thing is the 4 years total on work permit in 8 means I still have 2 full years just right for my OWP, but if that work permit had been renewed at the border in 2014 I would be out of luck for 4 years!.

The only advantage I have over a total new applicant is I have history in the country, and also history of compliance, but a "friend" who should know told us that based on the above, and the elaborate wedding for friends and family, and going home rather than rushing through a town-hall wedding to keep me here, plus anyone can see how we met and dated and fell in love etc (we both worked for the same firm, one of our supporting evidence is the CRA tax stuff from 2014 showing us both working at the same place) we shouldn't have too much to worry about...and with the organisation that person works for, I sleep easy at night.

Hopefully now I have explained you can now see how Express entry etc was also not open to me...If I had my new work permit, happy days extra 600 points, PR in 6 months (and that was the plan) my permit expired the same time Express Entry started, and the program I was qualified for (Canadian Experience Class) was closed. PNP was out as I had a matter of days to leave the country, not even enough time to apply and by the time that came to even be close to fruition I would be here after marriage. As for getting a new job with a new employer with a new LMIA...at that time a total freeze was put on all new applications, yes people wanted to employ me, but they couldn't.

If I seem pushy and bitter in my posts towards Canada's Government regarding immigration, the above is the reason, Making sweeping changes overnight with a nuclear bomb rather than a grenade to try and win votes and destroying peoples lives in the process (the same people they begged to come over 2 years prior) seems to have that effect on me...funny that.

I actually wanted us to live in the UK, my spouses papers are processed in 24 hours there (as i had the income requirements to sponsor), and she gets her visa in 72 hours, all because they have this crazy idea of having an actual office in London that you make an appointment at, then take all your docs etc and the VO sits there in front of you reviewing it (you pay for it of course, but papers in 72 hours over 4 months...hmmm). I realise this face to face idea is sooo crazy. She wanted here, so what can I do, but I'll be damned if anyone will tell me I have no right to write to ministers or speak my mind, last time I checked that was one of the rights of being here.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
zumbagirl said:
safe from what???

but for sure you can work now.
:p
hello zemba girl.. i what i mean is CIC will not ask anything for me? like additional documents or anything since they tarts processing my papers? so i have to wait for my medical now? thank u zumba!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
botengcoke said:
hello zemba girl.. i what i mean is CIC will not ask anything for me? like additional documents or anything since they tarts processing my papers? so i have to wait for my medical now? thank u zumba!
[/quote

I was just kidding man!

but to answer your question, at any step in process they can ask for more information. not big deal. just send whatever they need.
good luck Botengcoke!
ZumbaG

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Guys got my open work permit today . My application was recievied on 30th march

Need tips now how to obtain OHIP health CARD ? I do not have any employment ? Any tips people will help

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Risabh_Canada said:

Need tips now how to obtain OHIP health CARD ? I do not have any employment ? Any tips people will help
congrats man.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Guys . I have this weird line on my Work permit . Do you guys have it as well

temporary resident status maintained as per r183(6)

what does it mean ?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Guys . I have this weird line on my Work permit . Do you guys have it as well

temporary resident status maintained as per r183(6)

what does it mean ?
It just indicates the cause which made you eligible. Nothing to worry about.

. Extensions
If the extension is approved, the date of issue shown on the document represents the date a decision was made. Observations in the remarks box of the document indicate that the applicant maintained their status, as per subsection R183(6)
....This is swhat it means.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Everyone! Congrats Risabh on receiving OWP.

We got the OWP in mail today. :D

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Risabh_Canada said:

Risabh, you have to have full-time employment and a letter from employee saying you are employed full-time and have passed the probationary period. Then you can go to Service Canada.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
browning911 said:
Risabh, you have to have full-time employment and a letter from employee saying you are employed full-time and have passed the probationary period. Then you can go to Service Canada.

same here mrs.browing911!! i just recieved my Open worke permit on My Hnad s Today!!!! yeehheeeeeeey!!!! Cheeeeerssss!!!.... Tomorrow i will morning i will apply online and walk in!!! i hope i gge awork in a next day!! lol!! im so excited working now... 9 months im out of work! maybe its time to kill my ass! ahahah!!!! godbless everyone!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Alam EIT said:
congrats browning911. :)
My application received on April 1, 2016.
Thanks Alam. I see that you have received AOR1 (sponsor) and AOR2 (principal applicant).

We only received AOR1 maybe because the sponsor is the representative? Not sure.

Under My CIC it does not show that they have started anything yet so we order the GCMS notes. Hopefully that will get us some additional information.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
botengcoke said:
same here mrs. browing 911!! i just received my Open work permit on My Hand s Today!!!! yeehheeeeeeey!!!! Cheeeeerssss!!!.... Tomorrow i will morning i will apply online and walk in!!! i hope i gge awork in a next day!! lol!! im so excited working now... 9 months I'm out of work! maybe its time to kill my ass! ahahah!!!! god bless everyone!
Congrats Botengcoke! So Happy for you. Glad to know persons who submitted an application on almost the same date as us.

Time to start the job search! Are you in the province of Ontario?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
CanadianAlien said:
For the rest of us, 5 months minimum plus sitting with no work/healthcare/etc is indeed an extreme hardship, and something that should be addressed, do I expect the minister to stop the other spouses getting their permits...no. I

My suggestion frees up VO's to work on applications thus making it faster for everyone, if no one pushes against the system. nothing changes for the better.

As for applications sitting in mail rooms in carts with a date tag of when they came in for weeks...........................

Those of us going through the process agree mostly, it could be better, hence the minister introducing the stream-lining...................

I'm from a country that if something is wrong and could be better..you say so. I thought those are the values that Canada followed as well..
I concur!!

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
CanadianAlien said:
i actually never said I had been in Canada since 2012, but if you are interested....

Nope, we got caught in the "low skilled putting Canadians out of work" backlash in 2014, my LMO was renewed (as not low skilled) for another 2 years...then revoked (we found out at the border, what great fun after a 900km drive, the CBSA agent actually said we were victims of timing, as the media broke the story about tims and Mcd's 2 weeks prior...gov knee jerked and revoked a lot of LMO's they shouldn't have....but such is life). I have been in my home country fella, working, to keep myself legal, thankfully my skillset is needed on both sides of the pond, only been back in Canada for 10 months (since getting married), but squeaky clean as far as CIC are concerned. I left within 90 days of losing status, left behind a house, car with my g/friend as she was then. (We did not have 1yr common law and we had a wedding booked and paid for, guests invited, hotel rooms and caterers paid,flights for my family and hers paid for so I was damned I was bringing it forward just to stay in the country, and I always do things by the book, so no right to stay). The one good thing is the 4 years total on work permit in 8 means I still have 2 full years just right for my OWP, but if that work permit had been renewed at the border in 2014 I would be out of luck for 4 years!.

The only advantage I have over a total new applicant is I have history in the country, and also history of compliance, but a "friend" who should know told us that based on the above, and the elaborate wedding for friends and family, and going home rather than rushing through a town-hall wedding to keep me here, plus anyone can see how we met and dated and fell in love etc (we both worked for the same firm, one of our supporting evidence is the CRA tax stuff from 2014 showing us both working at the same place) we shouldn't have too much to worry about...and with the organisation that person works for, I sleep easy at night.

Hopefully now I have explained you can now see how Express entry etc was also not open to me...If I had my new work permit, happy days extra 600 points, PR in 6 months (and that was the plan) my permit expired the same time Express Entry started, and the program I was qualified for (Canadian Experience Class) was closed. PNP was out as I had a matter of days to leave the country, not even enough time to apply and by the time that came to even be close to fruition I would be here after marriage. As for getting a new job with a new employer with a new LMIA...at that time a total freeze was put on all new applications, yes people wanted to employ me, but they couldn't.

If I seem pushy and bitter in my posts towards Canada's Government regarding immigration, the above is the reason, Making sweeping changes overnight with a nuclear bomb rather than a grenade to try and win votes and destroying peoples lives in the process (the same people they begged to come over 2 years prior) seems to have that effect on me...funny that.

I actually wanted us to live in the UK, my spouses papers are processed in 24 hours there (as i had the income requirements to sponsor), and she gets her visa in 72 hours, all because they have this crazy idea of having an actual office in London that you make an appointment at, then take all your docs etc and the VO sits there in front of you reviewing it (you pay for it of course, but papers in 72 hours over 4 months...hmmm). I realise this face to face idea is sooo crazy. She wanted here, so what can I do, but I'll be damned if anyone will tell me I have no right to write to ministers or speak my mind, last time I checked that was one of the rights of being here.
My bad mate, was under the assumption you were in Canada already and had been since 2012. Sucks with your situation and what happened back in 2014. I hope things improve soon for you and it goes smoothly from now on and hopefully quickly too. It is annoying it takes 4 months to get the OWP especially if you cannot work. I was fortunate that when my IEC visa ran out we had just gotten common law status and we sent in my spousal application and I went into implied status.

Fingers crossed for you that everything improves from here and you will soon get your OWP and be able to work.