+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

mnimmigrant2016

May 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to link my OWP today in my online CIC account. That is good news since my sponsorship and PR application was sent in March 29, 2016, and I didn't send my OWP application until May 25, 2016. Since I sent my OWP app in only 2 months ago, I thought it would be quite a bit longer 'til I was able to link my OWP app. Yay, now we will know when they work on my OWP application; praying it is sooner rather than later. ;-)

I also got another letter in the mail today stating that "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met..." Since we have already received Sponsorship Approval, I'm not really sure that this gives us any new information, but I will take positive letters from immigration any day. Blessings to all of you on your processes!

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
CanadianAlien said:
Letter reproduced below:

Dear Sir,

I am currently the spouse of a Canadian Citizen and am currently in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship inland for permanent residency status. We applied on the 1st of June of this year and as of today's date our application has not even been looked at or even been shown as received. In the process of my application I applied for the Open Work permit and have been told I must wait 4 months for the same….why?

A Temporary workers spouse is issued, at port of entry, an open work permit for the same validity as the spouses work permit…no waiting…there and then.

A Students spouse is issued an open work permit at the border there and then…no waiting.

A Canadian Citizens Spouse is told to include an application for an open work permit with their PR application, which will sit unopened for 4 weeks in a mail room, at this point they start processing the application and issue the work permit 4 months later..

Canada is admired the world over for it’s equality…so can the other categories spouses be told to wait 4-5 months for their permits, or can the Canadian Spouses be allowed on Receipt of the AOR (acknowledgment of Receipt of application) to go to a border post and be issued with their work permit…taking that processing down to weeks rather than months?

Yours
CanadianAlien

Interestingly enough, I got my AOR's VERY quickly.....wonder if maybe they said, this ones trouble..rush him through...i can dream!
I applaud you for your bravery and pushy attitude as it seems. That is all you have though. I hope that most people can and will not be like you. Most of the points you pointed out? Wow! All I can say is just wow! I was a foreign worker. A student. And strangely, i never heard of getting an open work permit for any spouse just because I demanded it.

Application for open work permit doesn't just "sit" there for 4-5 months! All immigration around the world have their own separate timelines like Canada does. It also depends on the wait list and the number of immigration workers they have at any given time. And resources. Oh did I also say what the most important function of Immigration? National Security. They sift through alot of layers of security so that we can safely say that among the diversity, we are safe from being less likely attacked unlike America or other countries are.

Oh. By the way too, I was a foreign worker working for fast food chains but I didn't have an open work permit one the 3 years I was. It means I cannot just change employers if I want to. I have to stick around until the expiry of the work permit. i also married a Canadian. That gave me the taste of getting an open work permit that I waited around for 4 months. It doesn't leave any bad taste that I have to wait 2 years before PR was finally achieved either. I am proud that being a spouse for a Canadian didn't give me any notion that I am entitled to anything. I am glad that Immigration took their time as well and I know they are doing the best they can to protect all of us here in Canada already.

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
foreignEx said:
I applaud you for your bravery and pushy attitude as it seems. That is all you have though. I hope that most people can and will not be like you. Most of the points you pointed out? Wow! All I can say is just wow! I was a foreign worker. A student. And strangely, i never heard of getting an open work permit for any spouse just because I demanded it.

Application for open work permit doesn't just "sit" there for 4-5 months! All immigration around the world have their own separate timelines like Canada does. It also depends on the wait list and the number of immigration workers they have at any given time. And resources. Oh did I also say what the most important function of Immigration? National Security. They sift through alot of layers of security so that we can safely say that among the diversity, we are safe from being less likely attacked unlike America or other countries are.

Oh. By the way too, I was a foreign worker working for fast food chains but I didn't have an open work permit one the 3 years I was. It means I cannot just change employers if I want to. I have to stick around until the expiry of the work permit. i also married a Canadian. That gave me the taste of getting an open work permit that I waited around for 4 months. It doesn't leave any bad taste that I have to wait 2 years before PR was finally achieved either. I am proud that being a spouse for a Canadian didn't give me any notion that I am entitled to anything. I am glad that Immigration took their time as well and I know they are doing the best they can to protect all of us here in Canada already.
You are incorrect, my ex-spouse and I arrived at Port of entry in 2012, no one had any idea she was with me, I had the LMO (as it was then) I was issued with a 2 year employer-specific work permit, my spouse was issued with a 2 year open work permit purely on virtue of being married to me, and being the spouse of a foreign worker. I forgot low skilled (NOC code B and below) do not get the same rights, but NOC code B and above...DO get a work permit just by virtue of being a spouse..straight away..no waiting (and this is still the case). If you read the student threads, student spouses also enjoy the same right at the border....yet a Canadians spouse doesn't. You are indeed fortunate you could work on your employer specific work permit while waiting out the processing time, so no hardship for you. For the rest of us, 5 months minimum plus sitting with no work/healthcare/etc is indeed an extreme hardship, and something that should be addressed, do I expect the minister to stop the other spouses getting their permits...no. Is it possible he might go, he has a point, these work permits could be issued at the border cutting processing time down...possibly. The open work permit could quite easily be processed by CBSA, at the moment CBSA issue Work permits everyday and make decisions on the issue. No one has mentioned National security, and why even bring that into this discussion, it is redundant, when the work permit is issued no major checks have been made (or do you think when your GCMS notes show security check in progress, that's just a joke?). My suggestion frees up VO's to work on applications thus making it faster for everyone, if no one pushes against the system. nothing changes for the better.
As for applications sitting in mail rooms in carts with a date tag of when they came in for weeks, I know more about this than you think, but am not going to enlarge on that in a public forum. It is very easy, now you have PR to sit and say how wonderful the system is, and "in your day" etc. Those of us going through the process agree mostly, it could be better, hence the minister introducing the stream-lining, or do you think he did that because he is a good soul? I'm from a country that if something is wrong and could be better..you say so. I thought those are the values that Canada followed as well...but clearly I was mistaken, as you as a new Canadian are pointing out, so I'll tip my cap and go back under the stairs and sit quietly..not.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
CanadianAlien said:
Letter reproduced below:

Dear Sir,

I am currently the spouse of a Canadian Citizen and am currently in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship inland for permanent residency status. We applied on the 1st of June of this year and as of today's date our application has not even been looked at or even been shown as received. In the process of my application I applied for the Open Work permit and have been told I must wait 4 months for the same….why?

A Temporary workers spouse is issued, at port of entry, an open work permit for the same validity as the spouses work permit…no waiting…there and then.

A Students spouse is issued an open work permit at the border there and then…no waiting.

A Canadian Citizens Spouse is told to include an application for an open work permit with their PR application, which will sit unopened for 4 weeks in a mail room, at this point they start processing the application and issue the work permit 4 months later..

Canada is admired the world over for it’s equality…so can the other categories spouses be told to wait 4-5 months for their permits, or can the Canadian Spouses be allowed on Receipt of the AOR (acknowledgment of Receipt of application) to go to a border post and be issued with their work permit…taking that processing down to weeks rather than months?

Yours
CanadianAlien

Interestingly enough, I got my AOR's VERY quickly.....wonder if maybe they said, this ones trouble..rush him through...i can dream!

interesting idea. I don't know how easy would be to execute as not all inland applicants could leave the country just to return and get the OPW from CBSA. it would work for visa waiver countries.
indeed there are many inequalities in the system...

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
Answered Prayer!!!... RECEIVED MY OPEN WORK PERMIT TODAY!!!!... LES THANK 4 MONTHS.. Thank you so much my Lord wala talaga impossible sa inyo... "YOU KNOW WHAT I LONG FOR, LORD YOU HEAR ME EVERY SIGN" psalms 38.9
"THERE FOR I SAY TO YOU, WHATEVER THINGS YOU ASK WHEN YOU PRAY "BELIEVE" YOU RECEIVED THEM,AND YOU WILL HAVE THEM. Mark 11.24

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
CanadianAlien said:
You are incorrect, my ex-spouse and I arrived at Port of entry in 2012, no one had any idea she was with me, I had the LMO (as it was then) I was issued with a 2 year employer-specific work permit, my spouse was issued with a 2 year open work permit purely on virtue of being married to me, and being the spouse of a foreign worker. I forgot low skilled (NOC code B and below) do not get the same rights, but NOC code B and above...DO get a work permit just by virtue of being a spouse..straight away..no waiting (and this is still the case). If you read the student threads, student spouses also enjoy the same right at the border....yet a Canadians spouse doesn't. You are indeed fortunate you could work on your employer specific work permit while waiting out the processing time, so no hardship for you. For the rest of us, 5 months minimum plus sitting with no work/healthcare/etc is indeed an extreme hardship, and something that should be addressed, do I expect the minister to stop the other spouses getting their permits...no. Is it possible he might go, he has a point, these work permits could be issued at the border cutting processing time down...possibly. The open work permit could quite easily be processed by CBSA, at the moment CBSA issue Work permits everyday and make decisions on the issue. No one has mentioned National security, and why even bring that into this discussion, it is redundant, when the work permit is issued no major checks have been made (or do you think when your GCMS notes show security check in progress, that's just a joke?). My suggestion frees up VO's to work on applications thus making it faster for everyone, if no one pushes against the system. nothing changes for the better.
As for applications sitting in mail rooms in carts with a date tag of when they came in for weeks, I know more about this than you think, but am not going to enlarge on that in a public forum. It is very easy, now you have PR to sit and say how wonderful the system is, and "in your day" etc. Those of us going through the process agree mostly, it could be better, hence the minister introducing the stream-lining, or do you think he did that because he is a good soul? I'm from a country that if something is wrong and could be better..you say so. I thought those are the values that Canada followed as well...but clearly I was mistaken, as you as a new Canadian are pointing out, so I'll tip my cap and go back under the stairs and sit quietly..not.
You have so many options available to you that it is laughable and somewhat insulting to others to complain when you have only filed your application in June 2016. There's a Canadian value for you, humility. Been here since 2012? Already have an LMO? How about Express Entry Canadian Experience class. Obviously you were in a skilled position, how about PNP? Are you worried about failing the English test or something? I'm going to predict the future here and say that all of your talk about values and letters to the minister and trying to improve the system for the good of all will evaporate once you have your PR in hand and you won't be back on this forum until you are complaining about the residence requirements for applying for citizenship. Immigration is slow process, has no requirement to be fair, and simply marrying a Canadian doesn't grant you anything automatically otherwise it would be easily taken advantage of. This immigration class is taking care of people who a) are in a truly precarious position - i.e. not feasible to return to their home country, out of status, etc or b) have planned at least a little bit in advance. Obviously I also want it to go faster, but I have no illusions about what I signed up for.

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
CanadianAlien said:
I went through 2 times going out of status 5-6 months each time I did while getting my status restored. I waited for the open work permit in the mail with no status too for 4-5 months with no nothing praying I dont get sick or something because I dont have health coverage or work during the time so don't ever think that I was entitled to anything. Add to that the time Restoration is finished which is an added 3 months. I also came from a visa required country sko I am not as fortunate or entitled as you that I can have a working holiday visa. I waited like everyone else did! If you have any qualms or grievances, take it out on Canada Immigration or CBSA as they make the rules for us to follow. We are the foreigners just following whatever rules Canada has. We are expected to integrate ourselves into society not push our way around. The way I am seeing it is WE ARE ASKING the government of Canada to stay here longer. We willingly went here from our respected countries out of our own free will. We expected what will happen when we submitted out requests and, oh yeah, it does say we are going to wait on CIC website. A request that may or may not be fulfilled. And also, this is a SUPPORT forum where people help each other out both mentally and psychologically while waiting for their respected papers to finish. I have friends who applied for Experience Class who applied for PR waaay before I did but still didn't receive PR. But do I hear them complain about it? No. I am sorry it may be an incovenience for you to wait like everyone does but this is a support forum and we have to be positive that something good will come out of whatever papers we apply for.

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
CanadianAlien said:
Letter reproduced below:

Dear Sir,

Yours
CanadianAlien

SARCASM

CanadianAlien, just so you know, since you are not a Canadian, you're not allowed to express your opinion and suggest possible changes to the system. How you dare to challenge this almost perfect system!

Since you're into this process it's obvious that you accepted all the terms and conditions, hence, acknowledging that they are TOTALLY fair.

The fact that you're complaining about little things like non been able to work for 4 months is absurd. I understand that other people get a work permit way faster but hey! Who are you to question things? Just accept it the way it is and be grateful it doesn't take the double of time because 4 months is nothing when you have to analyze a couple of pages in the application.

Finally, I don't understand the new government initiative to ask for feedback to people of what they can change or improve in the Immigration system, because we obviously know nothing about the subject, we just should follow the rules no matter how unfair they are and more important, we shouldn't complain about anything.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
The last AIP received for 2016 applicants was on 13 July 2016, no fresh approvals ever since.

Also, waiting to hear about some DM and landing news from 2016 applicants. :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
erable_rouge said:
The last AIP received for 2016 applicants was on 13 July 2016, no fresh approvals ever since.

Also, waiting to hear about some DM and landing news from 2016 applicants. :)
+1

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
foreignEx said:
I went through 2 times going out of status 5-6 months each time I did while getting my status restored. I waited for the open work permit in the mail with no status too for 4-5 months with no nothing praying I dont get sick or something because I dont have health coverage or work during the time so don't ever think that I was entitled to anything. Add to that the time Restoration is finished which is an added 3 months. I also came from a visa required country sko I am not as fortunate or entitled as you that I can have a working holiday visa. I waited like everyone else did! If you have any qualms or grievances, take it out on Canada Immigration or CBSA as they make the rules for us to follow. We are the foreigners just following whatever rules Canada has. We are expected to integrate ourselves into society not push our way around. The way I am seeing it is WE ARE ASKING the government of Canada to stay here longer. We willingly went here from our respected countries out of our own free will. We expected what will happen when we submitted out requests and, oh yeah, it does say we are going to wait on CIC website. A request that may or may not be fulfilled. And also, this is a SUPPORT forum where people help each other out both mentally and psychologically while waiting for their respected papers to finish. I have friends who applied for Experience Class who applied for PR waaay before I did but still didn't receive PR. But do I hear them complain about it? No. I am sorry it may be an incovenience for you to wait like everyone does but this is a support forum and we have to be positive that something good will come out of whatever papers we apply for.

what are you still doing on the forum?? go out have a beer and enjoy your PR status! and leave the complaining and brain storming to us who are still in the system. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
zumbagirl said:
what are you still doing on the forum?? go out have a beer and enjoy your PR status! and leave the complaining and brain storming to us who are still in the system. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I already did celebrate lol. But I still go around here for good deed of the day thing. Things I promised myself if I get a PR for good karma sort of thing lol. It was a long and lenghty process but hey in the end, its what you want to do with it when you get it that will matter. Besides, I look for information too for my friends who are still waiting for theirs and alternatives. I want them to stay here with me as long as they can lol

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
mdecac said:
SARCASM

CanadianAlien, just so you know, since you are not a Canadian, you're not allowed to express your opinion and suggest possible changes to the system. How you dare to challenge this almost perfect system!

Since you're into this process it's obvious that you accepted all the terms and conditions, hence, acknowledging that they are TOTALLY fair.

The fact that you're complaining about little things like non been able to work for 4 months is absurd. I understand that other people get a work permit way faster but hey! Who are you to question things? Just accept it the way it is and be grateful it doesn't take the double of time because 4 months is nothing when you have to analyze a couple of pages in the application.

Finally, I don't understand the new government initiative to ask for feedback to people of what they can change or improve in the Immigration system, because we obviously know nothing about the subject, we just should follow the rules no matter how unfair they are and more important, we shouldn't complain about anything.
There's no like button. :( With that level of sarcasm you could almost be Australian :)

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
I resubmitted and arrived to cic on June 30 got first AOr today July 22 which i expected now i hope aor 2 can be next friday , hopefully