Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Phoenix246 said:
Hello everyone. We're a January 20, 2016 applicant. I don't have much post in this forum and I have been reading this on and off for more than a year now. And that's because honestly I can't help but feel depress and jealous of those applicants that are way ahead of us. Thus, I chose to just lurk and read the posts here.

Everyone's posts here had help us in one way or another in our application. And I just want to say Thank You! And for those who felt sad and helpless about their application. Just hang in there! You'll get to the finish line and everything will be just fine.

App received: Jan. 20, 2016
New police clearance(request): June 2016
OWP: (around May 2016)
Medical Request: May 6 2017
Sponsor approval: May 6, 2017
Applicant approval: May 6 2017
Medical exam done: May 20, 2017
Medical showed received in ecas: May 26,2017
Landing interview sched received: April 3, 2017
Congrats. Did you mean March not May?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
i thought that was just a help tool?
It is, but it looks like maybe they're hiding info in there. I don't recall the wife's saying that...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Tacboy said:
Hello everyone. I've passed the medical exam and still waiting for my background to be done(submitted background check with application). Anyone know how much longer this will take to get a decision/landing? Weeks? Months? I didn't submit a work permit and think its best to wait for the inland PR than pay the work permit.

Applied Early Jan 2016
When was your meds done? When did they accept? It's hard to say how long the rest will take. It depends on your country of origin, number of countries you've visited, number of jobs, etc.

We applied in March 2016, and my wife's BG, security and criminality checks were not complete until a few weeks ago. She's only done trips to Schengen zone, and Turkey. But did work for several companies.

MyCIC said BG check was in progress in July 2016 and remained that way until they changed the wording. Our MP confirmed that they are waiting for meds from us to make a decision (rest is done and passed).

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Tuesday...AKA Sugary Tuesday

I'm patiently waiting to see the good news flow in today from this group...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Tuesday...AKA Sugary Tuesday

I'm patiently waiting to see the good news flow in today from this group...
I don't know yet... there might still be brine in the air... but here is to hoping! Let's have the good news, folks!

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application."
So, I have tried this. Still no luck. Question: When I was assigned my uci number it was due to extending my visitor visa (at that time I was single, with a different passport number, etc) When I mailed in my family sponsorship application all my information was updated and changed to my married name. When I received the letter that our application was received (It was in my maiden name). I had to fill out an inquiry to have them update to my married name so that everything matched. Do you think this is possibly the problem with being able to link my application on my account, and if so how should I proceed?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
So, I have tried this. Still no luck. Question: When I was assigned my uci number it was due to extending my visitor visa (at that time I was single, with a different passport number, etc) When I mailed in my family sponsorship application all my information was updated and changed to my married name. When I received the letter that our application was received (It was in my maiden name). I had to fill out an inquiry to have them update to my married name so that everything matched. Do you think this is possibly the problem with being able to link my application on my account, and if so how should I proceed?
No, UCI (Unique Client Identifier) is unique to you. It survives passports. You might want to contact the folks on the phone to ask them to guide you in linking your application; 888-242-2100. Have you ever been able to log into ECAS?

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
profiler said:
No, UCI (Unique Client Identifier) is unique to you. It survives passports. You might want to contact the folks on the phone to ask them to guide you in linking your application; 888-242-2100. Have you ever been able to log into ECAS?
Is that the same thing as going to cic website and signing in with the GC key? If not, then no. Not really sure what ECAS is.

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Ok, when I go to CIC website, I can check application. It asks for my information (I usually use the application number I was given). After putting in all the information, it says application- In Process. That is all I can see, when I click on that it just shows me general information about what In Process means.

On the other hand, when I sign into GCKey with the account information I am unable to access anything. I can see on that page where I sent the inquiry advising technical support that I was unable to link my application and had been locked out for 24 hours. I sent that last Friday, and they read it a few hours later. No response has been sent to me through the account or via my email as of yet. I tried to go into my account and see if I could link this morning, but unfortunately I am still locked out.

Is this what you mean by logging into ECAS, if so- yes I am able to sign in...but that is all I am able to do at this time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
Is that the same thing as going to cic website and signing in with the GC key? If not, then no. Not really sure what ECAS is.
ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.143405173.1959297963.1488291669

Try logging into ECAS with your sponsor's details..

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
I don't know yet... there might still be brine in the air... but here is to hoping! Let's have the good news, folks!
A good brine is the key to a delicious & moist turkey...

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
profiler said:
ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.143405173.1959297963.1488291669

Try logging into ECAS with your sponsor's details..
Ok, I did that and again- this I find is just general information. It states that the sponsorship application was received on 7-25-16 and that they sent correspondence advising us that it was received on 8-13-16. It states that the permanent residency application is in process. If you click on that link it just states application was received on 7-25-16. So, really it is the same information (only on his it also tells us that the sponsorship application was received)

Last week when I called the call centre, I was advised that they had been working on my background info and then they started working on the sponsorship application. I was advised that generally doesn't take that long, but they had to go back and look at some more of my stuff. The guy said, "I don't want to alarm you or anything its just taking longer than normal to process your sponsor application and such" It is usually 30 days but for whatever reason yours isn't following normal times. With my not being able to link the account, and the call centre not being able to really give me details its nerve wrecking.

I will try to call the number to see if they can help me link the application. If you have anymore advice or suggestions, I am open to all!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
Ok, I did that and again- this I find is just general information. It states that the sponsorship application was received on 7-25-16 and that they sent correspondence advising us that it was received on 8-13-16. It states that the permanent residency application is in process. If you click on that link it just states application was received on 7-25-16. So, really it is the same information (only on his it also tells us that the sponsorship application was received)

Last week when I called the call centre, I was advised that they had been working on my background info and then they started working on the sponsorship application. I was advised that generally doesn't take that long, but they had to go back and look at some more of my stuff. The guy said, "I don't want to alarm you or anything its just taking longer than normal to process your sponsor application and such" It is usually 30 days but for whatever reason yours isn't following normal times. With my not being able to link the account, and the call centre not being able to really give me details its nerve wrecking.

I will try to call the number to see if they can help me link the application. If you have anymore advice or suggestions, I am open to all!
You only get so many tries per day. So, You can try this (once): For my wife, we did Last Name, First Name, left her city of birth (as a space), and her passport number. We were able to find her that way.

SC2VHL

Mar 29, 2017
profiler said:
It's unlikely that there is a problem. If you've made it this far without anything like an interview, you'll be fine. Start planning your landing party.
I am only worried because they asked for my PCC from my wife country of origin (Vietnam) on June of 2016. The application was submitted on Jan 26, 2016, and AOR in March 16. I am unable to obtain PCC for my wife country of origin because she was pregnant during the time and frankly to fly back just for it? Especially she's didn't turn 18 until she came to Canada. She came here on study permit so they didn't ask for her PCC then. She's been only here since except for the 2 months we were on our honeymoon back home. But I didn't think that we'd need it as said. Anyhow, instead, I wrote a letter of explanation as to why we were unable to provide them with the required document and just explain to them our situation, circumstances and asked for their compassion.