Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SC2VHL said:
I am only worried because they asked for my PCC from my wife country of origin (Vietnam) on June of 2016. The application was submitted on Jan 26, 2016, and AOR in March 16. I am unable to obtain PCC for my wife country of origin because she was pregnant during the time and frankly to fly back just for it? Especially she's didn't turn 18 until she came to Canada. She came here on study permit so they didn't ask for her PCC then. She's been only here since except for the 2 months we were on our honeymoon back home. But I didn't think that we'd need it as said. Anyhow, instead, I wrote a letter of explanation as to why we were unable to provide them with the required document and just explain to them our situation, circumstances and asked for their compassion.
If you supplied proof that it was difficult to get the PCC, they will possibly overlook it. I would have expected a discontinuance of processing before now, though. So, if they continued processing, I am guessing it's probably ok.

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
It worked! I was able to pull it up under my husband.

New question: It says Your application is in process. Next step is to review your eligibility. You do not need medical checks, we will contact you if that changes. You do not need an interview, we will notify you if that changes. We are processing your background check and will contact you if we need more information. Your application is in process and we will contact you with a final decision.

Does this mean that just at this time I don't need a medical exam? I was under the understanding that all permanent residency applicants would need a medical check. Clarify?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mmusial15 said:
It worked! I was able to pull it up under my husband.

New question: It says Your application is in process. Next step is to review your eligibility. You do not need medical checks, we will contact you if that changes. You do not need an interview, we will notify you if that changes. We are processing your background check and will contact you if we need more information. Your application is in process and we will contact you with a final decision.

Does this mean that just at this time I don't need a medical exam? I was under the understanding that all permanent residency applicants would need a medical check. Clarify?
Which worked? What method?

All PR applicants need medicals. They will notify you when you should go. They don't want them to expire on you.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I went thru the FBI directly, I called and asked if it was mailed to me directly in Canada will they mail it to Canada,, The Lady at the FBI Office in West Virginia said they would.. I am half way thru the 14 week processing that they take... My Lawyer Only had to send a letter to CIC-CPC Miss, saying we have applied for the FBI Check and the processing time is up to 14 weeks, She sent that to CIC-CPC in Mississauga On Ca

You got me concerned now about this.
If you don't mind where did you get the information that they will not Mail to Canada ??

Now I am going to Call them today and verify that will mail it to Canada,
If not wow that's going to be a huge problem !!

mmusial15 said:
So, speaking from personal experience here....I was going to wait to send in my FBI report until I found out it takes like 3-6 months to get that paperwork sent to you from the FBI unless you go through a third party company, and then it takes like 24 hours up to a week, depending upon how you choose to receive it etc. The FBI will NOT send your information to anyone other than yourself, unless they were maybe to receive a direct request from CIC (unfortunately, they will not do this- you'll have to gather it all yourself). Hopefully that answers that question. If CIC is expecting that paperwork within a months time, I would advise you get to that immediately so that you can get it sent to you as soon as possible. The problem with this whole FBI system is- they will Not mail it to Canada. I had to have mine sent to my mothers home (in care of) and she had to mail it up to me from the states so it took a bit longer to get it ( I think about a month and a half). Good luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Having trouble linking? I just saw this on the CIC Spousal Sponsorship page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp :
"Once you are approved as a sponsor, the person you are sponsoring creates an online account to continue their permanent residence application."

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Having trouble linking? I just saw this on the CIC Spousal Sponsorship page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp :
"Once you are approved as a sponsor, the person you are sponsoring creates an online account to continue their permanent residence application."
Does that mean my bf got approved? I didn't receive SA, I can check my application with both names though.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
legolg said:
Does that mean my bf got approved? I didn't receive SA, I can check my application with both names though.

check your spam

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
It's pretty hard not to be approved. Like, I think you have to be actively trying (ask Carol about criminal history... just kidding!)

However, no I think it's for new applications. So, those who are in the 2017 bunch lurking, and are having trouble linking, that might be why..

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
It's pretty hard not to be approved. Like, I think you have to be actively trying (ask Carol about criminal history... just kidding!)

However, no I think it's for new applications. So, those who are in the 2017 bunch lurking, and are having trouble linking, that might be why..

lol profiler with SA part you have no criminal record, not on welfare or social assistance,no bankruptcy and good standing with cra

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
lol profiler with SA part you have no criminal record, not on welfare or social assistance,no bankruptcy and good standing with cra
CRA doesn't matter either. No Social Assistance, no Bankruptcy, and no domestic violence.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Yesterday zumbagirl has become a PR!!!!!!!!

the landing interview was like 5 minute. We arrived we have been called to a window, IDs checked, sponsor was asked whether he want to proceed with the sponsorship, standard questions about criminal offenses and refused entries to Canada and voila : big smile and congratulations from the clerk and you are a PR now.

We brought docs on cohabitation. They did not ask for it.

The whole process was actually pleasant which was kind of surprise.

it took us 14 months and a bit to get to this point. We have another 4-6 weeks of waiting for the PR Card then we are really done!

it has been a pleasure sharing our journey with all of you.

Zumbagirl is officially off the air now 8)

See you all in two years or so at the citizenship forum!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:

the landing interview was like 5 minute. We arrived we have been called to a window, IDs checked, sponsor was asked whether he want to proceed with the sponsorship, standard questions about criminal offenses and refused entries to Canada and voila : big smile and congratulations from the clerk and you are a PR now.

it took us 14 months and a bit to get to this point. We have another 4-6 weeks of waiting for the PR Card then we are really done!

I think I will say no with a smile on my face when they ask me if I wish to proceed.

Wait... why didn't we hear from you yesterday then??? Hung over I bet...

Well it's been a slice, ZG. Congrats. See you at citizenship testing!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
zumbagirl said:

;) congratulations my friend

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hello everyone,

We just got our medical. So happy .
Special thanks to Profiler. :)

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Congrats JG, can you please share the details of the questions asked for our benefit?

Thanks a lot
Sam

zumbagirl said: