Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
profiler said:
Want my crystal ball to make a prediction?
Tomorrow they will issue a statement about:
- Proposed changes to Conditional Permanent Residency (Condition 51). It was announced here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/new-sponsored-spouses.asp . You can see the proposed changes in the Canada Gazette as of yesterday: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-10-29/html/reg1-eng.php . They have to make this public so the public can comment on it.

- Proposed changes to Dependant Children (age). Also posted to the Canada Gazette as of yesterday: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-10-29/html/reg2-eng.php . They have to make this public so the public can comment on it.

- Potential discussion on the increase of capacity for Spousal Sponsorship spots. The SIR was supposed to assist CIC in determining inland position levels for 2017.

- They will give an update on progress on SIR, as they were to throw C$25M, resources from all inland CIC offices, etc. They will want to provide an update so the public can see they are doing "what they can".

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,

I will send in my application in February and my question is should I send in the open work permit at the same time or do it online when the application has been approved?

How long does it take for the application to be approved?

Cheers!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Annjo89 said:
Hi,

I will send in my application in February and my question is should I send in the open work permit at the same time or do it online when the application has been approved?

How long does it take for the application to be approved?

Cheers!
If they extend the OWP + inland program then yes just send OWP with your paper application. They link the two and you're almost guaranteed approval.

Takes 4 months to get an OWP...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler what is conditional 51 so work out in everyone favor. That's nice you send stuff to moscow

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler what is conditional 51 so work out in everyone favor. That's nice you send stuff to moscow
You can't ship to Moscow.. rules at the border blocks almost everything. So we just buy from a retailer inside and have it shipped.

Condition 51 states that the spouses have to cohabitate for 2 years after the PR is granted. Really that's the plan for most, so unless there is abuse, it's no different than a PR.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler smart. ok i got it to prevent fraud if I understand I have read about Indian marriage fraud on here

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
Tomorrow they will issue a statement about:
- Proposed changes to Conditional Permanent Residency (Condition 51). It was announced here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/acts-regulations/forward-regulatory-plan/new-sponsored-spouses.asp . You can see the proposed changes in the Canada Gazette as of yesterday: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-10-29/html/reg1-eng.php . They have to make this public so the public can comment on it.

- Proposed changes to Dependant Children (age). Also posted to the Canada Gazette as of yesterday: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-10-29/html/reg2-eng.php . They have to make this public so the public can comment on it.

- Potential discussion on the increase of capacity for Spousal Sponsorship spots. The SIR was supposed to assist CIC in determining inland position levels for 2017.

- They will give an update on progress on SIR, as they were to throw C$25M, resources from all inland CIC offices, etc. They will want to provide an update so the public can see they are doing "what they can".
Come on man, give us an actual prediction! Hard to be wrong with soft calls like this. I predict a repeal of Condition 51.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
polarvolcano said:
Come on man, give us an actual prediction! Hard to be wrong with soft calls like this. I predict a repeal of Condition 51.
Yep, totally agree. I'm pretty sure they ran some statistics saying that more than 90% spousal sponsorship cases stay married for a long time after PR is issued so they use this to show they are "improving" something. But I bet there won't be a real reduction in processing time for the majority! Seriously, does anyone believe we will see 12-15 months on the website instead of 26 for inland?!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I don't want to be a wet-towel (or a "Negative Nancy") here, and I do agree that they don't need it for most cases, but they just published their proposed updates to Condition 51. Like, two days ago. And they are published for 30 days so the public can provide suggestions. That means there is a pretty good chance it won't be repealed.

Does anyone know what time the announcements will be?

EDIT: It might have to do with a new pledge to admit Yazidis within 120 days.... first Syrian's, now Yazidi's... http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1142959&tp=980&_ga=1.145506676.1360591470.1468931899

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So, since it's Hallowe'en, I thought I would see if anyone had any good stories to share -- while we wait for CIC to approve all the PR's.

For my wife, this will be her second Hallowe'en in Canada. The first one she was super excited. Her first pumpkin carving ended up looking good, except when I wasn't looking she cut up the top to use for dinner (assuming it was squash). Yeah, it had to be re-lit a few times.

So this year she was determined to not have the same trouble. Last night we were watching TV and she grabs the pumpkin and starts drawing a face. I wasn't paying attention (again!) while she had started to carve the face out. After the show was over we move into the kitchen to finish the pumpkin.... yeah she didn't carve the top (so she wouldn't lose it), but the face was all cut up. I didn't see that, so I put a spoon in to clean the seeds out and well, made a mess. The guts started coming out the mouth she had carved.

We both had a pretty good laugh, after she mentioned that she's had trouble adjusting to packaging here -- ask me about bagged milk sometime.

Does any one have a story to share about Hallowe'en?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
So, since it's Hallowe'en, I thought I would see if anyone had any good stories to share -- while we wait for CIC to approve all the PR's.

For my wife, this will be her second Hallowe'en in Canada. The first one she was super excited. Her first pumpkin carving ended up looking good, except when I wasn't looking she cut up the top to use for dinner (assuming it was squash). Yeah, it had to be re-lit a few times.

So this year she was determined to not have the same trouble. Last night we were watching TV and she grabs the pumpkin and starts drawing a face. I wasn't paying attention (again!) while she had started to carve the face out. After the show was over we move into the kitchen to finish the pumpkin.... yeah she didn't carve the top (so she wouldn't lose it), but the face was all cut up. I didn't see that, so I put a spoon in to clean the seeds out and well, made a mess. The guts started coming out the mouth she had carved.

We both had a pretty good laugh, after she mentioned that she's had trouble adjusting to packaging here -- ask me about bagged milk sometime.

Does any one have a story to share about Hallowe'en?
Same here, my first pumpkin I assumed it was a squash and got all set up for baking a pie! The husband had noooo idea what I was talking about and not until he saw my disappointed face when I realized there was nothing for me to fill the pie with he understood what was going on in my mind. We had such a good laugh...
This is my first Halloween here so I'm determined to go trick or treating! Just 1 house, 1 candy... I have a speech in my mind that I will tell the neighbours: I may be 36 but my heart is 14 so my heart deserves a cookie :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Same here, my first pumpkin I assumed it was a squash and got all set up for baking a pie! The husband had noooo idea what I was talking about and not until he saw my disappointed face when I realized there was nothing for me to fill the pie with he understood what was going on in my mind. We had such a good laugh...
This is my first Halloween here so I'm determined to go trick or treating! Just 1 house, 1 candy... I have a speech in my mind that I will tell the neighbours: I may be 36 but my heart is 14 so my heart deserves a cookie :)
So you know you have to be dressed up right? What do you plan to dress up as?

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
So you know you have to be dressed up right? What do you plan to dress up as?
Day of the dead mexican girl 8)
With layers of skirts and capes and scarves, cause this morning when I woke up there was frost on every car in the driveway !!!

And the husband wants to be Breaking Bad Heisenberg...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
Day of the dead mexican girl 8)
With layers of skirts and capes and scarves, cause this morning when I woke up there was frost on every car in the driveway !!!

And the husband wants to be Breaking Bad Heisenberg...
I think it's going to warm up tonight, it's supposed to be 19*C tomorrow.

My wife didn't actually do any trick-or-treating. She loves greeting the kids and handing out candy. Even handed out orders to get her set-up ready for her (she isn't home from work until almost 6).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016