Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler and Maria we all got pcc request and medical results but we are waiting for dm. @profiler we got pcc request same time November is around the corner and December be good Christmas pressie(present) and new years pressie that our spouse get there everything
Correct me if I am wrong here, I think maria_mirabela has yet to do her medical, and she started the process in July. My wife has had her medical finished and accepted, and yes she would love to land before Christmas (her birthday is Boxing Day). Orthodox Christmas is Jan 6-7. So she would be able to make it home to celebrate Christmas with her family and friends..

I did share that CIC updated my MP that we are just waiting for (in order) Criminality and Security checks to finish, local VO review and issuance (or interview). So it's possible that we will get there.

That said, I hope everyone lands by Christmas :)

Oh and since we are on the topic of Christmas, my ex has signalled that (with minor replacements of words like :eek:dd -> even and vice versa), she plans to accept the offer made.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler that is great you need another pressie your amazing wife gets everything, we did medical last year and line 2 medical results received and pcc sent in July 19 and arrived in cpc vergville on July 25,2016. My birthday passed on October 16 so waiting for my Christmas pressie same here local visa office review and landing interview for my guy anytI me and that's great your ex saw reason

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hope i am posting in the right thread. My application to sponsor my husband was received by CIC in Jan 2016 and in July 206, I got approved as a sponsor. I havent heard anything after that from CIC. I applied through an immigration consultant and they have no news for me except that the back ground checks might be taking longer. Is there anything I can do in this situation to find out how far the process has come along.

Quite clueless and looking to all helpful advice!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler that is great you need another pressie your amazing wife gets everything, we did medical last year and line 2 medical results received and pcc sent in July 19 and arrived in cpc vergville on July 25,2016. My birthday passed on October 16 so waiting for my Christmas pressie same here local visa office review and landing interview for my guy anytI me and that's great your ex saw reason
She saw the threat of having to pay for my costs to date, plus a ridiculous trial that she cannot win ;). Not many people want to spend > $20k for family lawyers, when they don't have that (and BTW, I hope everyone is happy that legal aid paid for her lawyer -- who is going to lose -- meaning that money was pissed away!) That's not including my costs to date which was also in that offer, citing refusal to accept.

PCC usually means they are working on Criminality/Security. That tells me that you started yours probably about 3 weeks before my wife and pedropil did.

As for gifts -- birthdays near major gift-giving holidays like Christmas suck.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
Hi everyone,

I hope i am posting in the right thread. My application to sponsor my husband was received by CIC in Jan 2016 and in July 206, I got approved as a sponsor. I havent heard anything after that from CIC. I applied through an immigration consultant and they have no news for me except that the back ground checks might be taking longer. Is there anything I can do in this situation to find out how far the process has come along.

Quite clueless and looking to all helpful advice!
sigh...

Well, you are pretty much stuck when you are using representation. Normally you can create a myCIC account, and together with ECAS, you can get some sense of where your case is. Did you apply inland or outland? Does your applicant have approval? Did you order GCMS notes? Has your consultant?

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
profiler said:
sigh...

Well, you are pretty much stuck when you are using representation. Normally you can create a myCIC account, and together with ECAS, you can get some sense of where your case is. Did you apply inland or outland? Does your applicant have approval? Did you order GCMS notes? Has your consultant?
I have my CIC account and it says, application received under my husband's name. I applied inland. Whats ECAS and GCMS notes? my consultant has been very unhelpful and all he told me is to call CIC and find out more, which i have tried calling a few times and couldnt get trough to anyone due to long wait times.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
I have my CIC account and it says, application received under my husband's name. I applied inland. Whats ECAS and GCMS notes? my consultant has been very unhelpful and all he told me is to call CIC and find out more, which i have tried calling a few times and couldnt get trough to anyone due to long wait times.
ECAS: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2
myCIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

GCMS is Global Case Management System. Several government agencies use this system to track information from clients. CBSA and CIC are two of those agencies. Under Access To Information Act or Privacy Act, you can make requests for case notes. These notes are (pretty much) exact copies of what officers have noted on the file. They usually only redact a few items that might pertain to active investigations, security concerns, or informtaoin that they are not authorised to release (you can have consent waivers signed).

Did you receive AIP (Acceptance In Principle)? If not, you may be in a group known as SIR...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
respect to that at profile our journey or my guy started in Dec 2015 but they worked on it in Jan 15 2016 so in the club with you

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
profiler said:
GCMS is Global Case Management System. Several government agencies use this system to track information from clients. CBSA and CIC are two of those agencies. Under Access To Information Act or Privacy Act, you can make requests for case notes. These notes are (pretty much) exact copies of what officers have noted on the file. They usually only redact a few items that might pertain to active investigations, security concerns, or informtaoin that they are not authorised to release (you can have consent waivers signed).

Did you receive AIP (Acceptance In Principle)? If not, you may be in a group known as SIR...
Thank you so much for your help!!!

I havent received AIP. What would it mean, if its in the SIR. I havent gone through the entire thread but I read people contacting their local MPs. Is that something I should do at this point?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
Thank you so much for your help!!!
Sure thing. Don't mention it..

RAHASH11 said:
I havent received AIP. What would it mean, if its in the SIR. I havent gone through the entire thread but I read people contacting their local MPs. Is that something I should do at this point?
No I think the last person contacting an MP was me during a temper-tantrum because CIC's ATIP department pissed me off. I got what I wanted and everything is copacetic now.

OK here is a backgrounder on SIR: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp . Here is the operational bulletin sent to all CIC offices: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp .

Theory is: You could wait 26 (22 *actually*) months for them to complete. Given that you are in the 2016 application time frame, you could be waiting until 2018. That said, because your application was in before June 13 2016, and no AIP, that tells me you probably are in SIR. Which is good, they are working hard to land as many people from the inventory as possible....

Did you receive any document requests? Did your partner do the medical yet?

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
profiler said:
Did you receive any document requests? Did your partner do the medical yet?
We sent in the medical and the police check forms along with the application in Jan. CIC hasnt contacted us for anything else. The last correspondence I received was back in July when I was Approved as a sponsor.

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
SIR sounds like a good thing. I have just ordered my GCMS notes. Hopefully they'll be with me quick and we can get some insight.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
We sent in the medical and the police check forms along with the application in Jan. CIC hasnt contacted us for anything else. The last correspondence I received was back in July when I was Approved as a sponsor.
Ok, I am not overly surprised there is no AIP... that makes the case that you partner's case is in SIR. SA is strange, because they have to complete the PA's admissibility and eligibility before approving a sponsorship application...

Anyway, no news from CIC is the norm. If you don't hear from them, just assume the best. You can order the case notes if you wanted to see what has been said or where the case currently is... otherwise, just wait it out?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
SIR sounds like a good thing. I have just ordered my GCMS notes. Hopefully they'll be with me quick and we can get some insight.
How did you order them? Did you include any consent forms? If not, ordering them as the sponsor might cause trouble...they will remove details about anyone other than the person who is applying, or has completed a consent.

RAHASH11

Oct 29, 2016
profiler said:
How did you order them? Did you include any consent forms? If not, ordering them as the sponsor might cause trouble...they will remove details about anyone other than the person who is applying, or has completed a consent.
I have not included any consent forms :-X Maybe I should contact them to cancel it?