+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Bogota Colombia 2015 ?anybody

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hi Jennjj,

It's so great to hear from you and Congrats on your husband receiving his passport back, what a relief huh?

I have a few questions for you because my husband still hasn't gotten his passport back. We sent the passport through DHL Express on Sept 23 and were told that the waybill prepaid service to get the passport sent back was no longer offered. We have been waiting since then to find out what to do from here. I noticed you mentioned that FedEx sent yours back. Did immigration sent it back via FedEx? Please any help or clarification you can provide would be awesome, we would be so grateful. We are starting to get desperate as it's been almost 5 months since we have seen each other and we just want this to be resolved and done once and for all. We have sent emails and tried to call immigration to find out what to do about getting the passport back and so far no response.

Did immigration contact you to let you know the passport was ready to be sent back so you arrange the service? Or are they just sending them back now or charging you once you receive the package.

Thanks so much for all of your help and for being so transparent. :D :D :D :D

Lmax

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lmax said:
Hi Jennjj,

It's so great to hear from you and Congrats on your husband receiving his passport back, what a relief huh?

I have a few questions for you because my husband still hasn't gotten his passport back. We sent the passport through DHL Express on Sept 23 and were told that the waybill prepaid service to get the passport sent back was no longer offered. We have been waiting since then to find out what to do from here. I noticed you mentioned that FedEx sent yours back. Did immigration sent it back via FedEx? Please any help or clarification you can provide would be awesome, we would be so grateful. We are starting to get desperate as it's been almost 5 months since we have seen each other and we just want this to be resolved and done once and for all. We have sent emails and tried to call immigration to find out what to do about getting the passport back and so far no response.

Did immigration contact you to let you know the passport was ready to be sent back so you arrange the service? Or are they just sending them back now or charging you once you receive the package.

Thanks so much for all of your help and for being so transparent. :D :D :D :D

Lmax
We sent the passport with a prepaid waybill. We were really nervous about it too, but in your case i'm not sure how it will work. Our immigration officer sent us an email the day she sent out our passport with the tracking number and everything, we received it the next day. In your case, I really do think they will contact you, I know they ask for the passport to be sent with waybill but did you maybe send a fedex account number?? There's no way they will keep your passport, they have to get it back to you no matter what so i think it's just about sitting tight. We sent ours i think sept 14 and just got it monday, you will probably hear something next week..

PS. I know exactly how you feel, we were doubting whether we put the correct address on the fedex envelope lol! You'll hear something soon I'M SURE! Goodluck!

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Hi everyone, congratulations jennjjthat all the process is now complete, you must feel relief ¡ I think k I am now officially the only one waiting in here... we got some news yesterday and it was a bit surprising since it was not the mail we were hoping for... they ask my husband to redone the medical...but we have done it in august when it expire so we are kind of confuse about that... we don't know if he need to do it a third time. I wrote them a message and we are waiting for more explication.all of this meen more waiting time for us... let s se how it's gonna go..

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
My husband called UPS, FedEx, and DHL Express and they all said they no longer provide the pre-paid waybill service any longer. He tried to set up an account with FedEx and it told him he had to have a business or be an exporter. They really don't make this simple for people to get through. I hope they contact us with further information. DHL Express offers to go and pick it up for you once it's ready. Thanks for your positive words and thoughts.

Lamika04, it sounds like immigration isn't doing things correctly. Did you send them the form for the medicals? Do not do the medicals once more, it's just a waste of money. If you can send them your copy of the medical report document or whatever the doctor gave you then that should suffice. I hear you in this waiting game. Don't lose hope. At least you have been able to be together even if it's just for vacation. They haven't forgotten about you. We're almost out of the woods.

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
I manage to speak with someone from cic about m'y situation and its seem like it can take up to 3 mounth for thé médical to be analyse by cic in Canada and then They send it to bogota so I guess that is why I receive this message, They Just didnt receive it y et in bogota so I guess everything is not that bad.

Imax for what I know, for thé visa of ecuadorian People, They send the passeport in the regular mail... but let me know I want to know more about that because at on point im gonna be in your situation !! Have a Nice Day everyone

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
I don't know what part of Ecuador you are in, but in Quito in Quicentro Shopping they have fedex. I sent it from there and they had prepaid waybills, i was able to send it without a problem... Just in case i guess...

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have some news and updates. Immigration contacted my husband via email informing him his passport is ready for pick-up, so we arranged DHL Express to go and pick it up. It should only take a few days. Lamika, if the region where you live does not offer the pre-paid waybill service, have no fear, immigration will contact your husband by email informing you just like they did us. They emailed us yesterday. Jennjj, my husband lives in Guayaquil so as far as I know they don't offer the pre-paid waybill option. Lamika, I'm not sure where your husband is from, but if he is from Quito he may have more options available to him. I know you have been patiently waiting, you're almost there. We waited in total from date they requested the passport to the date they asked us to arrange to pick it up by courier, 20 days. I hope this helps.

We have booked my husband's flight for Oct 29, just before my 30th birthday. We are very happy ;D ;D

For all of those on this journey, don't lose hope. Wishing everyone many blessings and safe travels. If anyone has any questions about the process, timelines, courier services, just ask. Glad to help!!

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Thanks for the info! Really helping :) on our si de everything is fine my husband dont néed to do the medical again so we Just néed to wait a Little more... jenjj finaly when you learn you where prégnant did you contact bogota?!?

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lamika04 said:
Thanks for the info! Really helping :) on our si de everything is fine my husband dont néed to do the medical again so we Just néed to wait a Little more... jenjj finaly when you learn you where prégnant did you contact bogota?!?
No, but When the immigration officer called me to ask questions, I let her know I was pregnant...

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
lamika04 said:
Passport request ;) :) ;D :p
CONGRATS!! THAT'S WONDERFULL!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Ok so for thé info for thé next peoples in guayaquil fedex have de prépaid service (this is what I did) but someone told me that dhl have that service too but only in one office and there is 3 offices in guayaquil

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Congrats Lamika and thanks for the info. I'm sure the next person will definitely benefit from it. So my husband got his passport back today and will be flying to Canada next Thurs!!! ;D ;D ;D I am so glad all of this is over! Congrats to all of us who have patiently waited and supported one another. Blessings and all the best for now.

JW82

Jun 11, 2015
Hello everyone my wife has been asked for her passport but our son who was born in Colombia has not received a Canadian passport I have only applied for his citizen certificate (which they told me to do only a month ago) the certificate takes 5 months to finish. In the meantime I can apply for a facilitation temporary visa but the embassy is so vague with their instructions and they just sent me an email saying they won't respond again, so if anyone has EXACT instructions on what to do that would be greatly appreciated

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
JW82 said:
Hello everyone my wife has been asked for her passport but our son who was born in Colombia has not received a Canadian passport I have only applied for his citizen certificate (which they told me to do only a month ago) the certificate takes 5 months to finish. In the meantime I can apply for a facilitation temporary visa but the embassy is so vague with their instructions and they just sent me an email saying they won't respond again, so if anyone has EXACT instructions on what to do that would be greatly appreciated
Hello,

I can't say i know exact instructions because i don't know how old your son is, however my son was born in Ecuador and i applied for his citizenship when we were preparing to travel. Because i didn't have his citizenship yet, the consulate of canada told me to apply for a temporary passport (valid for 2 years for children under 2 years old). The passport only took about 6 weeks to arrive i think.. Here is a link with the application and any additional instructions, hope it helps:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/consular_services_consulaires/passportsfornewborn_passeportsnourrisson.aspx?lang=eng