09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Meee!! Oh finally someone jajaja....
I just began the process but i feel i really need to hear from everyone else... I feel like it might help.

So i still have not received AOR which means my application has not yet been approved and sent to Bogota... I filled out the Spreadsheet..

Thank you for creating this thread!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Great not alone in here!

I just got my AOR yet app was sent in October but they asked me for a document again,so they got the document on november 27th. I got AOR on january 24th. I hope to get S/A anytime soon.

Bogota seems to be very fast in the last few years, after S/A looks like 4-5 months to be finished in Bogota.I hope it will be the case for us.

Let's keep this thread alive maybe some others from bogota office appears!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
WOW! that's so exciting, congrats!! I'm sure your SA will be any day now..

I think i still have a long way to go, AOR is taking forever and according to other months spreadsheets, im still looking at another 2 months. The wait is horrible, i log onto this blog and check my email every hour of the day. Makes me feel better to hear how other people are doing.

Just curious, what other paper were you asked for?

I REALLY REALLY hope Bogota is fast, I am living away from home with my husband (at least i'm not seperated from my family), but i can't wait to be back in Canada.

PS. Please update anything new on your process, always gives me hope to hear other people are getting approved..

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
well they asked me to send them imm 1344 who know why since I am sure I did put it in my app and it was the latest maybe they lost it. So I was not very happy about it, but what else can i do lol

I am sure Bogota will be fast! I'm sure for both of us before the end of 2015 we will be in Canada.

you should get your AOR in March aswell as your S/A.

Good luck !
yep I'll update you anything that occurs

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Fab I saw you got SA!!! Congrats!! Good luck starting the next step with Bogota, I really hope it works out fast!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
jennjj said:
Fab I saw you got SA!!! Congrats!! Good luck starting the next step with Bogota, I really hope it works out fast!
Hey Jenn,

Thanks !

I was waiting for the AOR2 from bogota to tell you, hope it's fast!

let me tell you now that I have S/A the waiting is even worse! Just don't know when you'll get an e-mail dont know when you'll get the visa...it's just bad!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
fab said:
Hey Jenn,

Thanks !

I was waiting for the AOR2 from bogota to tell you, hope it's fast!

let me tell you now that I have S/A the waiting is even worse! Just don't know when you'll get an e-mail dont know when you'll get the visa...it's just bad!
Oh no! I can only imagine, especially because waiting gaps are even larger... But, once you can log on ECAS don't they update you?? (Even though i've heard some ppl's just says in process forever lol)

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
jennjj said:
Oh no! I can only imagine, especially because waiting gaps are even larger... But, once you can log on ECAS don't they update you?? (Even though i've heard some ppl's just says in process forever lol)

well your supposed to be able to check Ecas but from what I have heard it's not much help, the only help from bogota speadsheet it looks like when Ecas show in process you should have 2-3 months left...first let's wait for AOR2

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
fab said:
well your supposed to be able to check Ecas but from what I have heard it's not much help, the only help from bogota speadsheet it looks like when Ecas show in process you should have 2-3 months left...first let's wait for AOR2
Ahhh... I can imagine then what I have in-store for me!

GOOD LUCK! Hope you get it soon...

jade04

Feb 20, 2015
Bonjour! je suis québécoise mariée à un colombien et nous sommes en plein processus de parrainage. J'ai créé une page privé Facebook avec pleins de fichiers importants pour s'entraider et se soutenir

écrivez parrainage colombia-canada sur Facebook

si vous voulez en faire partie, veuillez m'envoyer votre courriel en message privé ici, mon nom est jade bernier sur fb

au plaisir de vous y voir!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
jade04 said:
Bonjour! je suis québécoise mariée à un colombien et nous sommes en plein processus de parrainage. J'ai créé une page privé Facebook avec pleins de fichiers importants pour s'entraider et se soutenir

écrivez parrainage colombia-canada sur Facebook

si vous voulez en faire partie, veuillez m'envoyer votre courriel en message privé ici, mon nom est jade bernier sur fb

au plaisir de vous y voir!
Merci Jade , je serai sûr de vérifier la page ..

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
Hey all!

So I beleive My husband and I sent our application to Mississaga, Ontario around September 14th 2014, from there the first step of the process to evaluate the Sponsor (me) was approved on December 2nd 2014. Then the application was sent to Bogota, Colombia for the second step of approval to evaluate the applicant. We received notice that the application was received in Bogota on December 12th 2014.

When my husband and I did our application we had talked to both the Immigration call centre in Canada and the Canadian Visa office in Bogota and they had told us NOT to do the Medicals and police record checks before sending the application and said that they will be requested once the application is approved.

It's just frustrating because we see that so many people do the medicals and police record checks before and we were told not to. This just adds more time and we live off of one income so It's longer time that we can't see eachother because I can't afford to visit all the time (I'm sure everyone understands how hard it is!). We even tried calling the doctors offices that do the medical exams in Colombia and they said we need certain forms from the Canadian Visa office in Bogota and when we contacted the Visa office they said they can't give it to us until they are ready to request them.

My main question is just how did everyone do there medicals before they sent the application? We have had nothing but problems trying to do it. We tried to send a totally completed application to avoid waits but it was impossible when we were told no everytime we tried to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Shy93 said:
Hey all!

So I beleive My husband and I sent our application to Mississaga, Ontario around September 14th 2014, from there the first step of the process to evaluate the Sponsor (me) was approved on December 2nd 2014. Then the application was sent to Bogota, Colombia for the second step of approval to evaluate the applicant. We received notice that the application was received in Bogota on December 12th 2014.

When my husband and I did our application we had talked to both the Immigration call centre in Canada and the Canadian Visa office in Bogota and they had told us NOT to do the Medicals and police record checks before sending the application and said that they will be requested once the application is approved.

It's just frustrating because we see that so many people do the medicals and police record checks before and we were told not to. This just adds more time and we live off of one income so It's longer time that we can't see eachother because I can't afford to visit all the time (I'm sure everyone understands how hard it is!). We even tried calling the doctors offices that do the medical exams in Colombia and they said we need certain forms from the Canadian Visa office in Bogota and when we contacted the Visa office they said they can't give it to us until they are ready to request them.

My main question is just how did everyone do there medicals before they sent the application? We have had nothing but problems trying to do it. We tried to send a totally completed application to avoid waits but it was impossible when we were told no everytime we tried to figure it out.

Hi,

My wife has done her medicals before sending the app, I called the doctor office and told them I needed a Medical exam for the Canadian embassy, she told me that I needed to brign the paper from the Canadian embassy, I told her not my case since it's family class, she said ok. At the doctors office he asked me what class it was I told him family he gave us the paper with my wifes pictures and stuff and thats it.
If it doesn't work just get an appointment and the doctor will know, sometimes the secretary doesn't know too well that part.

for the background check we are not supposed to do it upfront, some people do it when they got the AOR from Bogota since now the applicant has a UCI.I haven't done that yet since I am waiting for bogota AOR.

but I have inquired already and it looks pretty easy follow this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/colombia.asp

I contacted both but only G4S COLOMBIA answered me, they look pretty good they answered my e-mail after like 2 hours.

I think that's it, tell me how it goes!

It would be nice if you could add youself to the speadsheet so we can keep track of what's going on in Bogota.

Also I wanted to ask, did the embassy requested your background check and medicals yet?

also what is your status on ECAS?

Take care!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Shy93 said:
Hey all!

Hello!

My husband is from Ecuador, and same thing the doctors all said they needed some papers before, but I explained it was for family class sponsorship and not for visas and they were able to do it.

As for police checks I just saw we aren´t supposed to do it before and I did. i got it notarized and stuff, but i guess that isn´t going to help at all because they will probably ask for it again...