App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
I am so sorry I didn't get back to anyone with information about my husband's interview. But let me start of with congrats to jennjj for the baby that's on its way!!! And congrats to everyone who is going to be reuniting with there families!

My husband and I have an abnormal case. Yes interview was August 5th, they said they would get back to us in a week or two with the results. They didn't get back to us until about September 10th I think. At that time e they asked for my husband police report, medical, his daughters medical and her birth certificate and her passport, his Authorization to return letter, 1500$ to pay back his previous deportation and 400$ for the ARC, and his army card, and finger prints sentry to RCMP. It was hell of a month let me tell you because they only gave us 30 DAYS to have everything sent to them. But we had it completed in time!!! Our ECAS has since changed to 'in process' and says they have received our medicals. We are hoping our process will be done extremely soon.

One thing they asked for was finger prints for the RAMP, now they requested the they had mentioned that this takes 22 weeks for the RAMP to verify and process!!! Just wondering if anyone e has come across something like this before? If so will they ask for the passport while that is processing or are we going to have to wait out another half a year for hi to come. I was so excited for everything but after they told me that my heart just sank in my chest. I am so happy for everyone, hopefully I will be as lucky soon!!

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Hello guys... I want to ask if u guys know how long it takes after sending background checks for the embassy to give u an answer? Thanks, they requested my police records and I sent that on october 30.... ;D

JW82

Jun 11, 2015
Hello everyone well I'm in a predicament, I applied for my son to get a temporary visitor visa but was denied because they want him to get his citizenship certificate first but my wife only has till January 27 to get in canada because her permanent resident card will expire and I am looking for any kind of advice because he still has to wait 3 months for that then he has to get a Canadian passport for him to enter

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys :) I'm new here. First of, want to congratulate the people that have been able to be reunited with their spouses in Canada. I have a question. How long did it take to fe am approval letter once the app was received in bogota? My husband and I got an email about 2 weeks ago stating bogota received our application....just hoping it doesn't take the actual 14 months that cic has on the website.

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Liiaa said:
Hi guys :) I'm new here. First of, want to congratulate the people that have been able to be reunited with their spouses in Canada. I have a question. How long did it take to fe am approval letter once the app was received in bogota? My husband and I got an email about 2 weeks ago stating bogota received our application....just hoping it doesn't take the actual 14 months that cic has on the website.
hello and welcome to the forum... well it all depends on the officer thats working on ur app, but if is everything is normal and ok should take around 8 months but still ypu have to be very patient, you never know if they request interview or send more proof of relationship etc, dont freak out if it happens, but most of the time it takes what it says on cic timeline thing, mine took 13 months, it would it take less but i lived in 3 different countrys so at the moment i asked for police certificate in one of the countrys took a month an half so my advise is if u have lived in any other countrys try to be searching for the timeline they have, that will save u time, good news is that the colombian one only takes 72 hours...any question u have i will love to answer, good luck and speedy processing!!!! :) also be patient!!!!

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Its been so long sin ce I visit the forum!!! My husband and I Land in Canada on novembre 18!! Everything when Just fine (mtl airport) we are so happy! Wishing everybody good luck and dont lose hope!! Its long to wait but it Worth it!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jennjj said:
Hello!

My husband is from Ecuador, and same thing the doctors all said they needed some papers before, but I explained it was for family class sponsorship and not for visas and they were able to do it.

As for police checks I just saw we aren´t supposed to do it before and I did. i got it notarized and stuff, but i guess that isn´t going to help at all because they will probably ask for it again...
There is nothing wrong with submitting police report up front with application with inland application. But police report and medical reports were expected up front for outland application.

Submitting the police report upfront for inland is an advantagous as you only need to submit it once. CIC will never ask for a police check again. Medical test do need to be repeated if needed. Doing a medical test upfront with inland has it pro and con. Pro that it can smooth the application process however with inland being over 18 months or longer, it is rather pointless as medical results are good for 1 year. Con is that you may have to pay for the tests once again due to medical test expiration date.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a question for the people that are already in Canada with their spouse. How long did the whole process take? My husband and I have been together for 8 years now and have 2
Children together. We applied September 2015 and December our file was transferred to bogota, so I guess it's just a waiting game now?

Mishu mishu

Jul 28, 2015
Hi Liia!
We applied April 15th and received request for passport TODAY!!!!!
It usually takes 8 months in total, our process got belated because they requested for some legal papers and it took for me one month to send those. My husband (Canadian) and I are pretty much married for the same years as you are. We are currently living in the USA.
Good luck!

Mishu

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Liiaa said:
This is a question for the people that are already in Canada with their spouse. How long did the whole process take? My husband and I have been together for 8 years now and have 2
Children together. We applied September 2015 and December our file was transferred to bogota, so I guess it's just a waiting game now?
Hi Liiaa,

I Applied in October and my file started to process on December 29 but I have not received the AOR2. Have you received yours? You already have the police check request?

If everything is ok, the process could take from 3 to 6 months because Bogota office is fast.

You are the only I know who has similar dates. Ecas doesn't show my medical exams I made in September. Does Ecas show yours?

I appreciated the info and I wisht the best for your process.

Catherine27

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mishu mishu said:
Hi Liia!
We applied April 15th and received request for passport TODAY!!!!!
It usually takes 8 months in total, our process got belated because they requested for some legal papers and it took for me one month to send those. My husband (Canadian) and I are pretty much married for the same years as you are. We are currently living in the USA.
Good luck!

Mishu
Congrats Mishu :) My husband is also Canadian. I am hoping everything will go well for us.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Catherine27 said:
Hi Liiaa,

I Applied in October and my file started to process on December 29 but I have not received the AOR2. Have you received yours? You already have the police check request?

If everything is ok, the process could take from 3 to 6 months because Bogota office is fast.

You are the only I know who has similar dates. Ecas doesn't show my medical exams I made in September. Does Ecas show yours?

I appreciated the info and I wisht the best for your process.

Catherine27

Thank you for replying Catherine27,

What is aor2? Sorry I am just new to this :-[

We sent our package on december 16th and on the website it shows application received, medical results received, and on december they sent the file over to VO in Bogota so now all it says its in process. I am surprised for you it does not show the medical results received. Lets hope things can move smoothly and fast for all of us.

Wish you all good luck, keeping fingers crossed :)

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Catherine27 I meant September 16th not December. We sent our app with the police and medical upfront.

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Liiaa said:
Catherine27 I meant September 16th not December. We sent our app with the police and medical upfront.
Hola Liiaa

AOR2 is a letter to let you know that they have received your application. AOR1 from Canada office and next AOR2 by VO in our cases Bogota.

I have not received any email or letter by mail.

wish you the best Too and I hope we get some news soon.

Catherine27